Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Boo Hodgepodge

 Hodgepodging along on this rainy and cool Wednesday in the great white north.

1. Boo, boo-hoo, make a boo-boo, boo(ze)...pick one and tell us how it relates to life lately.

Boo-hoo. Monday my shift didn't end until 10:30-the others left at 9:30. The store closes at 10 (NY mandate that stores, rest. bars must close by 10 due to Covid) well, lo and behold, a certain manager decided she had had enough and had enough overtime and she left. L-E-F-T. I was the only one in the store besides the overnight stocking crew. Guess who had to figure out how to close down? Yep. I might had been thinking a few choice words. Thank you to a night stocking supervisor who realized I was by myself. Not that he really knew how to close close, but we managed. Yes, I was livid. I had wondered why she was auditing at 9 and wanted me to "watch her". And for the record, I am not being trained for anything, everything my job position requires has been self taught. I'm not joking when I say, "Throw the baby in the bathwater and see if she sinks or swims." 2 more weeks, 2 more weeks. Clicking my heals.

2. Do you like the color orange? Would we find this color in your home? Your wardrobe? Peach-pumpkin-tangeringe...your favorite shade of the three listed? 


That's it. I don't wear orange or any tangerine. It's not in my color wheel. But I do like the color.

3. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. What's the last chocolate something you tasted? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being out of this world delicious, how would you rate it? 


Hubby made chocolate chip caramel cookies. They are good, although a tad bit sweet.

4. Life is like a box of chocolates or so says Forrest Gump's mama. Would you agree? Aside from the pandemic fallout tell us one way this saying has played out in your life. 

Here I was worried about finding a job...and now look.

5. As October winds down tell us three things you loved about the month we're bidding adieu.


Goodbye summer weather, hello fall rain and snow, hello to crisp days. 

6.  Insert your own random thought here.
 
Received a very nice welcome packet in the mail. And my name has been added to a "pool" for the county. I think I am going to like this "freelancing" sub. teaching.

36 comments:

  1. You can make it through two more weeks. It's still so hot here in Florida, stay warm up there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ick on it being so hot down there...the furnace is on here.

      Delete
  2. Yum Yum on the chocolate chip caramel cookies.
    I enjoyed your answers.
    Have a good Wednesday my friend.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Good heavens! She up and left? That is crazy. Sounds as if that place needs a personnel overhaul.

    Your blog looks so ready for Thanksgiving. Your husband's cookies sound great to me.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, its nothing new...if one reads the lawsuits against the retailer, you would see its a common theme. The retailer has a major turn over rate.

      Delete
  4. I cant believe they left you to close the store- unreal but then again, there are lots of crazies out there. Orange is one of my favorite colors (wonder why?) and all shades of it and we do have some in our home. I am happy that summer is over and the cool clear crisp days are here. Happy Wednesday dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grin...I know you like the color, Linda. smiles

      Delete
  5. Crisp days? What's that? This year our weather is being nasty. The heat, bugs and summer just don't wanna leave. On top of that, it's quit raining. Again. [shouting at the Universe] "Let's move on already ...!?" *lol*
    I don't know what my color wheel is. How does one do that? Is there a place on-line? I like orange, tangerine, browns, greens, etc. Hope I don't look awful wearing them. *grin*
    I can't believe the Manager walked off like that!!!! Eh, I wonder if she should be reported. Dang, good thing you're trustworthy.
    Two more weeks ... two more weeks ...
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 47* and off and on rain here...tis the season, smiles...calling for the s word on Friday, yep.

      Yep, there are color wheels online. smiles

      Oh, she was, don't worry about it...but they don't care...its a common theme there...pretending all is well.

      Delete
  6. Stores have to close by 10 since Covid comes out after 10PM to haunt the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, don't you know it? That FB thought from Stacy rings true. smiles

      Delete
  7. The Perils of Pauline come to mind for you! Am I dating myself and does anyone recall the show? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know of it, but not sure if I ever saw it, LOL.

      Delete
  8. I can't believe your manager up and left you alone to close! Probably not very nice, but reckon I'd have to share that little nugget with her superiors. Karma's one thing, but someone needs to make her accountable for her actions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the #1 retailer is well known for their antics...yep. Supervisors don't care-honest, they act like it, but their actions speak other.

      Delete
  9. I'm glad you only have two more weeks;sounds like an abandoned ship!

    Orange, I kind of like but only have one shirt that color. I wear it quite often and if my mom was still here it would probably end up in one of her rag rugs. :)

    Hang in there, girl.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited for you for your job! I hope these two weeks fly by! Oh, and I am at this moment eating chocolate covered raisins from Trader Joe's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ummmmmmmmmmmmm....love chocolate covered raisins. smiles

      Delete
  11. Looking forward to good reports from your new job when it starts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. I should know something next week, I have to get fingerprinted and then go from t here.

      Delete
  12. See! You can do anything if you have to! Shame on that manager. As far as orange - I do not like that color. I tolerate it for fall but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the #1 retailer is known for their antics, smiles. No color orange here (at least wearing it, lol). Orange is NOT my color, smiles.

      Delete
  13. Wow - that job has been quite the experience. I wonder how they keep that store open with all that incompetence. The new job sounds much more your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH they are known for their antics, Mari...many many lawsuits.

      Delete
  14. Wow, just wow...what a brazen thing to do to a relatively new employee. I am sure you managed it like a pro, but still, that is a huge responsibility to put off on someone who has never done it before. 2 more weeks. Praying you can make it. "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..." you can. but you will appreciate your new job SO MUCH MORE! Those cookies look good enough to eat! LOL>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOLYep, indeed...I am the little train that could, LOLOL.

      Delete
  15. talk about horror stories at work! Good grief! Glad you are getting out of there, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel your excitement Linda. I will say this, there is never a dull moment in the world of education. No two days are the same, and you always get to feel that perhaps you have made some kind of a small (or large) difference. Will stop by for another visit and email again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing Deb...smiles. I always look forward to your emails.

      Delete
  17. Life is too short to be miserable at a job. Enjoy the adventures of being a sub!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are still waiting to get our solar panels turned on. The city inspector is leisurely taking his time and there is nothing anyone can do. I will put it in in our review. Nothing against the company but warn people about this when you live in older homes. SO we have the heat going as it has been cold and we had one snowstorm already. We have supported the Denver Broncos so of course orange has been in our lives. I do have a few pieces especially now for Halloween. Unsure we will hand out candy but some relatives I have in Ohio took their kids today. Crazy stuff. That is rotten how the manager left you. But those things have a way of coming back to haunt people like that. I don't get too much into the woe is me with this virus. I've been home a long time watching dogs and sometimes little kids too so I am just grateful to be alive and have the hubby still working and being busy, it makes a big difference. Take care and keep positive as you have a good nature that way. HUGS across the miles XO XO XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)