Friday, October 16, 2020

Friday Photos

 Thank you all for the kind thoughts/comments yesterday. Thought I would share some photos of our drive to Avoca yesterday. The rain that was predicted actually held off until last night.


We never did make it to Keuka Lake/one of the Finger Lakes. However, there is a hidden gem pretty much in our "backyard" called Loon Lake.


I think the colors of fall have pretty much waned now.


Don't you just love barns?


More colors...again, I think we have peaked now.


Have you ever heard a loon? Beautiful sounds. From the Cornell Lab of Orinthology


Have a great day friends.

10 comments:

  1. Yes, I LOVE barns! The older and weather-beaten, the better.
    Wasn't there a reference to the loons in the movie On Golden Pond?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sound of a loon. Gives me chills. Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking us along for the ride. Beautiful scenery and loved the Loon tunes. ;) Have a blessed weekend, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! I love the sounds of Loons. They don't come down here but I've heard them in Maine/Canada etc. I have to go research Loon lake now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I have heard the loons in Maine and I think also in northern Michigan. It is a haunting sound. Your pictures are so beautiful even if the leaves have already peaked. Yes I love the barns. I miss seeing them here. Glad you could get out for a nice ride.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loons sound hauntingly beautiful, don't they! Sad that your colors have waned but sure looks like it was a pretty drive. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw a loon today...no, not at Wal*Mart. Wish I could have taken his picture. Heard that call, though. Delightful...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty drive and I do love barns! Our color is just starting to fade now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda - looks like a beautiful drive to your job interview. Our fall leaves have also peaked here. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Photographing old barns and abandoned houses is kinda my thing. They are so cool.
    Really excited that you might be teaching, or at least assisting in it. May God's will be done.
    Love & Prayers xx
    (So sorry I'm so behind in visiting blogs. I get busy and forget. Old Age. LOL)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)