Sunday, October 25, 2020

So...Joy

 So...JOY...oh wait, thank you all for the kind comments yesterday...second let me say...


I keep forgetting this simple word; JOY. I have been so busy the last 30 days enjoying making money and honestly, JOY really isn't in it anymore. And if I had to be honest, it probably wasn't there anyways. 


So, when the new schedule came out yesterday and I saw that they did NOT allow the schedule change and furthur advanced the meanness by putting me on permanent days 7am-3:30 the hours I was suppose to be teaching, I was just flabbergasted. OH, so you made the decision for me. Thank you very much.


While over milkshakes last night, my husband said,

 "Linda, I am wrong. I think you should tender your 2 week notice and step out to the unknown. I want you to quit playing by the rules and take that leap of Faith and take the school job and the unknown hours, unknown Covid shutdowns etc. I'll support whatever you choose, but know, I think you should take that leap of Faith. We will be fine."


But but but...the money...steady hours...he said, "So what? Do what you want to do! You didn't spend all that money to go to college and spend your last 20 yrs of working  wasting away in a job I know you don't like. Quit playing it safe."


So, that's the news...I'll post tomorrow about our day antiquing--or not. We didn't do much of anything...lol

24 comments:

  1. I agree with not staying in a job you hate. It is toxic and will make you sick. You will love working in the schools with the kids. Your kids will be big right...high school? I would not love that, but you will get to share your knowledge. I love my littles. Everyone has a calling. I am excited to learn more about your decision. Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, its such a small school, it will be Pre K-12th grade. I never know whom I will be teaching until that day. I find that exciting! smiles (yes all the kids/young people are in the same school)

      Delete
  2. Your husband sounds like a gem! Go for it girl! You may only get this chance once!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanette...he is...everyday I come home and he goes, "So, how was your day?" Do you really want to know? Yes he does...lolol

      Delete
  3. Listen to your husband. He's making sense :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I will not repeat this to him, lolol... I know deep down he is making sense. smiles.

      Delete
  4. Way Back When I worked a LOT of temporary jobs with various temp agencys (Kelly, Manpower, Modis, etc.). Loved it. Made lots of money and didn't have to get involved with those that were stuck there permanently (i.e. catty women). *wink* Most of my temp jobs were great. Met a lot of nice people, made some real friends, and learned many new accounting skills. Only had two that I actually had to punch out of early. It happens, you know. If it's a toxic situation, I agree with leaving. They will reap what they're gonna reap and you will be free from that stress. Maybe you can go over the WallyWorld Tyrant's head? If there's anyone over her. Anyway, if the King Wannabe shuts y'all completely down again. Maybe y'all are supposed to move or maybe there's an even better job. That's 'tween you and God.
    Sending Love & Prayers & Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its only a toxic situation when certain Customer Service Management is working, they make it so ugh...but then again, it was my manager who did my schedule---the problem is they have so many bosses...HR told me I had to go to so and so and I did...

      ANYWAYS...I'll be 'freelancing'---I like that idea, smiles.

      Delete
  5. Your husband is a very wise man! Please listen to him. I would tell you the same thing, but I'm not your husband and I have no clout. God will take care of you...He already has a better plan for you. This job was temporary to "keep the wolf off the door" for you financially until something better came along. I am a big fan of taking "leaps of faith", having done many of them in my many years of work and/or not working. God always came through for us. So listen to your husband. He is looking out for YOU, and that is exactly what he is supposed to do. Keep us posted. We'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big big smiles....Thanks Pamela. AND I will not be repeating the wise man part, LOLOLOL. Good gravy, he would get a big head, LOLOLOL.

      Delete
  6. Glad you are being joyful and your hubby is helping you keep you joy! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about being joyful, LOL. I will be soon, smiles.

      Delete
  7. A supportive husband is a HUGE blessing. (I know, since I have one, too) I'll continue to pray the Lord's blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would say that you don't want a termination on your work history.. I would suggest it better to resign. These days all is known... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Applause rising from the Southlands. No wonder you fell in love with your hubby! Fly free, m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how your hubby is so supportive! Live with a joyful heart!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Dave! You will be happy to turn in your 2 weeks. It's their loss for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh...decision made. Well, as you say, they forced your hand. It's always nice to have a husband's support.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Teaching would be nicer for you and lead to better opportunities in the future I think

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is nothing more important than having a supportive spouse. YAY for your man. I love him too now! LOL! Girl, taking a leap of faith is hard in almost any area that we are so uncertain about. That is why they call it stepping out in FAITH! And speaking of joy.....a sign sits on my desk at work that simply says, "Choose Joy". Cause truth be known...we all most of the time has to choose joy. Our only true source of joy comes from our Lord. Happy Week to you dear Linda. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. JOY, yes, this is such a happy post! When God was passing out husbands, he picked a perfect one for you! He has given you such good advice. I'm happy for you, and I really think this new adventure will be perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)