Oh geesh...been so busy this Thursday...forgot to post an update for you all.
The interview went well this morning. They (Principal and Vice Principal) asked three main questions and to elaborate;
What bought us to NY?/ WHY? Are we staying?
If they were observing my classroom, what would would they find?
What are the family ties to this area, if any?
They were impressed with my credentials, my recent education from the "Public Ivy League School", they wish to talk to my Directed Study Professor, liked the final GPA etc. So, now we wait. The School Board has to vote in Nov., and my references have to check out. I should know by the end of Nov. I will have to be re fingerprinted etc. OH and if I choose to go for my Masters, it will be covered.
Family ties. My husbands cousin owns the Brunch and Munch Cafe in town. My husbands late grandparents are from Avoca (which the Principal and Vice Principal knew, wow), my late father in-law was born there and raised there. We were thrilled to know she/they are still open and weathering the crisis--albeit, 25% capacity.
Nice chatting with her etc. She asked us our honest opinion on how she could get the word out (the door is locked and you have to knock and they will let you in, stupid Covid rules). Honestly, I don't know how anyone can stay in business. Great food and the servings are huge...then again, all Conley's can cook. I had the Western omelete with potatoes and toast. This was a our first time being out and eating in a rest. since Covid hit.
Her cafe is like stepping back in time and that is fine with me. BTW, most of the small NY towns/villages are like that.




Looks like you will be getting the job and wow to getting your Master's covered! I like the idea of small town cafe's. Makes me think of my first job and I would walk across the street to eat at Woolworths.
ReplyDeleteYeay on the promising interview. Bigger 'yeay' still, discovering your cousin's Brunch n' Munch cafe. That's exactly the kind of breakfast spot we like to patronize.
ReplyDeleteCongrats... so far so good.... :)
ReplyDeleteForgetting to post...☺️ Much bigger things on your mind.
ReplyDeleteGlad that your interview went well. Always good.
Oh how nice to get out and enjoy lunch somewhere other than your own kitchen.
well, honestly, Vee, I have no excuse. I was off all week. LOLOL
DeleteKeeping my fingers crossed for you (prayers, too!) and sure hope they do the right thing and get you hired and on-board!! Keep us posted!!
ReplyDeletePraying for good things after that interview!
ReplyDeleteThe restaurant sounds good. Crazy covid rules...
I would love to visit your family's diner. Diners have a special feel about them.
ReplyDeletePraying for all to work out on the job scene.
I'm glad the interview went well. Those type of questions throw me into a panic. If they'd let me write my answers all would be well. lol
ReplyDeleteThe cafe looks lovely...bright and inviting and man, does an omelet sound good right now. I can't believe it's your first time out to eat! We went out as soon as they opened up the restaurants for dining.
Wow! This is wonderful, Linda! I will PRAY, PRAY, PRAY that this job is the right one for you, if that is what YOU want! I know you would be wonderful for it. And how neat that you got to eat out at a restaurant...a family owned restaurant at that! Looks wonderful! I would enjoy a place like that. So, may God's will be done either way. I mainly hope you can get out of where you are now job wise. God is in control. Good things are coming!
ReplyDeleteSounds like your interview went good. Hope you get the job!
ReplyDeleteWOW, your Masters would be covered too.
Keep us informed and have a great day.
Wow sounds real good. Hope you get the job.
ReplyDeleteLooked up Avoca.. cute little town!!
ReplyDeleteIt is. Only has like 2000 souls if that. lol
Delete