Thursday, October 1, 2020

Hello October

 P.S. I'm Falling behind...please don't ever feel you have to leave a comment, smiles.


Thank you all for the kind comments, falling behind as usual in answering them and emails. Sigh...so, how about I answer a few here?

--Yes, its great to have an income coming in. The job is long, standing on my feet all day.

---My folks; I married a poor farm boy non Catholic boy. He was out of my "social standing".

----Although I like having a job, I am not liking the politics of it. It seems, whoever is suppose to be training me is non existent. Way to many fish in the frying pan (so to speak), not really training for anything that I was hired to do. Way to many "bosses" who stand around and gossip all day and who forget about us little people. Two days in a row I left a 1/2 late because "they" forgot.  Several days in a row they forgot I had an hour lunch coming to me. I better not be comped for that, I will pitch a fit. Certain folks want to train me on cash registers, NO. I suppose all jobs have "politics". It is certainty note worthy that the office people have no idea what goes on -on the floor.

ANYWAYS.... Just saying. My feet sure are screaming at me, and the mask wearing is getting old LOL.


Have a great day all.

21 comments:

  1. Hi Linda. It can be very challenging to start a new job. Just keep thinking, one day you will be the one doing the training and your will be great at that because of the experiences you are having now. You will have empathy. I do miss the emails, but I know you are tired. My week has been exhausting too, in face I am taking a sick day today, just to rest. I don't want to get run-down. Mental health is vitally important. Hope you have a good day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, Deb, sigh...just don't know...I am already thinking of changing positions and on my day off next week, I will check into see what dept. is hiring. I am going to speak to HR before I go in today. Hubby and I were discussing things last night...we shall see.

      Delete
  2. I sure hope things will get better for you at work soon!

    Love your blog background. So spooky cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. HOpe you have a great day friend.

      Delete
  3. 🙏🏼 you through to better days when you'll be the boss. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL. I'll email you on Tuesday (my day off)...a lot to say about that. lOL

      Delete
  4. Oh yes, all jobs have their politics. Some are definitely worse than others, though (not mentioning my last job and boss). I am sorry about your poor feet. That is why I am still sitting at home more than anything else. I am holding out for an office job or at least something where I won't have to stand all day. I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to do it because of the pain. I hope yours gets better. FYI...look for the Magnilife Pain Relieving Foot Cream. I got mine at Walmart and it's the only thing I've ever found that actually relieves the pain and pretty quickly, too. Other than that, ice your feet when you get home to reduce inflamation. Hope you have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! Your new environment sounds like something right out of the Wyndham organization. (See, I can say their name now that I'm retired - LOL.) Hope and pray things improve in short order

    PS - Please don't think I'm feeling obligated to comment ... I'm here because I want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a big change and hope things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda: Praying days will get better for you.
    I really like your background.
    Have a great day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CNN (Communist National Nitwit news) says wearing masks will be permanent for the little people Not the Elites but for us junk people who pay their salaries. I am done with it all. Friend also just told me there is no federal help for her state after the recent hurricane. Hundreds evicted and living in the streets now. Where is Trump?? Even Obama did a lot for NJ etc after Sandy. Angry at him right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Linda. I surely hope things get better. That's just sad to me that you are already having to deal with this kind of stuff! Mercy! Girl, soak those cute feet in some Epson salt tonight. Maybe that will help a little .Praying for things to get better and quick. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. No need to respond. Still praying that things get better. There's a lot of this business that's wearing thin all around.
    Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Training is always hard and I think that everywhere, the bosses don't get what the people below them do. I hope things improve!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry it has been so tough getting situated and sorry the job is not what you thought it would be. Sometimes it just takes time. Prayers for you! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking about you and praying for you as you learn the ropes and that you will have the energy and strength you need to keep going...and if a better position comes up...go for it!!! It sounds like management needs a few lessons in how to properly manage. Don't feel like you have to take time to answer everyone's comments. We know you are busy and that you will read them when you have the time...but please just take care of YOU...and your tired feet! Put them up every chance you can. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time and don't worry about commenting etc - we all go through spells where we can't keep up. Friends will understand. I hope things improve.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Training in retail for management is hard because you have to learn everyone else's jobs. Hoping it all settles down for you and works out well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Quite of few of those things in my job, too! Fortunately it only lasts until the end of November. Then I will be retired once again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What kind of retail is this? Do they have a discount for employees that you will enjoy using?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope things go better. I always said that it took six months in a new job to learn where the bathroom was. Of course that was the first things I learned, but it always took me three to six months to get used to a new job. That helped me remember that there was a time to get settled. Take care! Pep says hi, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)