How can it be Friday? Just wondering...it seems time is truly flying.
Susan asked, "Will I have to wear a mask at my new job?" Yes and no...only when one is not behind the plexi glass. All the students desks are behind individual plexi glass. So is the teachers and in front of the board. I can handle that. I have already received a nice packet with directions, maps (on where such and such is; classrooms) etc.
Since this is in the news, I can briefly discuss it. Yes, indeed, my current employer has removed guns and ammo off the shelves. One still can get the items, just ask. Since I am privy to info, all I can say is this; there is a credible threat to violence, looting, riots, civil unrest before Tuesday. How sad it is we live in such a world where this is happening. Zip it up, Linda. We will be walking on eggshells...whatever I have said about my employers business practices, doesn't compare to the real fear that we face these next several days. I will say, we all have been noticing some odd things going on...like something is going to happen...I better leave it at.
Incoming snow. I see Eastern NY is already getting it. This is from the system that bought the hurricane into the deep south. Yes, indeed, tis the time of the year. I am always excited to see the first snow. Ok, ok, I am always excited for snow. smiles--it is currently 32*, been raining all night.
Work today, tomorrow and Monday-Thursday. Have a great day friends.



Is the threat just for your Walmart or all Walmarts? It is 45 and raining here. Tonight the temp drops to 28. Maybe we'll see our first snow flurries? Happy Friday, friend!
ReplyDeleteIt is cold here...38 but real feel is 32. I emailed you...
DeleteBet you want it to snow like crazy. Should keep the 'Karens' and 'Karls' at home, don't ya think? Hope so. It's all quiet here. Maybe only in major DemoKKKrat run cities it's dicey. I keep praying. We've already voted.
ReplyDeleteY'all be careful.
Love & Prayers xx
HA....if only you knew---we had pouring rain the last cpl. of days, you would think it would keep folks away, NOPE. I have no doubt its the demokkrat cities or the 'burbs...and being encouraged by those in power. For the record, our city is Republican run, but he allowed it in...so...
DeleteYes, my friend, we are in stressful times or I should say times we've not witnessed before. I'll leave it at that also.
ReplyDeleteMy great-grands wear mask's on the school bus, and other odd times during classes. Hoping/praying all that will be over sooner than later.
xoxo
Sigh...on the masks...I get it, but its just a false sense of security. sigh.
DeleteI wasn't aware of such threats, but unfortunately, I'm not surprised. Take care my friend.
ReplyDeleteIndeed Cathy...the threats are real...and I hope the threat(s) doesn't get carried out.
DeleteNot good news ... but good to know. Now is not the time for complacency!
ReplyDeletenational guard out in many places for voting. the unhinged among us are going wild over results. I have 2 facebook strikes for things I didn't do or say.. just re-posts of signs. Freedom of speech is dead in America.
ReplyDeleteGlad you don't have to wear masks all day at the new job.
ReplyDeleteI'm concerned about next week - there are lots of crazy people out there!
Praying constantly for our nation and our people to be safe, especially during these next days and weeks. It's hard to believe things could be spiraling down into that kind of level. Praying for people to be prepared, but not living in fear. Just be wise and alert wherever you are/go. I hope you get some lovely snow. If you do, be sure to share some pictures with us poor southerners who don't get snow or autumn leaves! Thank you! Take care dear friend.
ReplyDeleteI am stocking up... time to get in provisions. Just saying.
ReplyDeleteJust stay safe, Linda! Stay safe (and warm!)!
ReplyDeleteWe had a murder at our Walmart nearby last year. A seriously mental dude gunned down people at the front entrance killing 4 Hispanics including a dear friends son who was expecting their 4th child and he was shopping with his wife and mom. Walmart had a policy and I am unsure if it is still in place. People were running to fire doors but because they don't want you stealing their Made in China junk, the doors do not open until 30 seconds later. MY friend works for Target but since this virus business I have not seen her. Makes me so sad. The guy was a nut and the best part of it was he hated Hispanics and lived in a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood. So tragic for all the beautiful souls lost. We saw our son's BFF on the news as his unit was the first on the scene. It was so sad and up the street my grandson and his little phamily were locked down in Sam's Club. It is hard for me to go into that store to this day. They can talk gun control all day long, let's talk about mental illness and why we have no resources for it other then BIG PHARMA and their drugs! Be safe, Be warm and Be aware. I am never paranoid only very careful. We've had a couple people roaming the neighborhood. Thank GOD for our police force. They took care of both incidents without violence. It is sad seeing mentally unstable people roaming around and people who say it does not happen in their neighborhood just don't pay good attention to others. Very sad. :-(
ReplyDelete