Good morning...the last day of May. How in the world did this happen? (rhetorical, lol)
Share Four Somethings for the last day of May...
I loved...the afternoon storms we have had in the last week or so. Although, it has not cooled off, but nonetheless, there is just something about it when it rains. It did not rain yesterday-it sure looked and sounded like it wanted too.
That sustained me...as corny as it may sound...but God's word. No matter the nonsense, the hate, and such going on in the USA and world, His word has kept me grounded.
**I am also reminded of my husband's favorite saying, "Wanna make God laugh? Tell him your plans."
I am carrying forward to June...that sustainability of God's word. No matter how hard it is out there, no matter how much people or circumstances make me angry, politics, etc... God's word, plain and simple.
I am making space for...ok just something lighter...because the above thoughts were getting a little too serious...this really should be NOT making space because honestly, my closet is so full. But yesterday hubby thought I needed to go out and buy a new blouse and 'presentable' shoes for the conference---he said I needed to be more 'business professional' than my usual 'business casual' look. Ugh, had to get dressed and put on makeup and look presentable --on a Saturday🙄😉😒.
2 new pair of suede sliders/mules. Ultra comfortable, no heel...and they will wear nice with the slacks I have. Ugh... slacks, in 100* weather...hubby, "Linda, you will be inside ac all day. You'll be just fine." No, I'm going to die of suffocation. LOL
A beautiful silk blouse. The sleeves flair out. The photo really doesn't do it justice. The color and material are just fabulous.
and the other one is a cotton one...but I won't wear it at the conference, I have another silk blouse in my closet that I don't normally wear because it is quite too formal for my everyday business casual wardrobe. I am making space of- in my head🤣, to clean out my closet. It's time. I keep saying I am going to get rid of all the northern clothes I bought down no need for them here.
My boss said the other day, "Nice flip flops." I buy Sketchers and they come in all colors-I try to match my outfits, and I also bought a new pair of leather ones. I said to him, "Well, my feet gotta breathe." He thought that was the funniest thing in the whole wide world.😁😉🤣--I thought he was going to fall out of his chair.
Wishing you a lovely day.






What comfortable looking new shoes and pretty blouses, Linda! I hope the conference goes smoothly for you. Yes, His word sustains us. Happy Sunday!
ReplyDeleteI do love my flip flops...my friends call me the "flip Flop Queen". I wear them all the time so that my feet will be on vacation. Linda..this is a beautiful blouse and will go with so many things. You're gonna look fabulous and professional for the conference. Enjoy .....Happy Sunday friend
ReplyDeleteSo thankful for His word, especially in these times, as you said!
ReplyDeleteI like the new clothes and shoes!
Nice finds, Linda!! Listen to that savvy husband of yours! Hope the conference is worthwhile. And AMEN to God's word always sustaining us!!
ReplyDeleteI like your new outfits! I would love dressing up if I could find the right shoes to wear. I like to be comfortable too. Amen on God's word!
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Hi Linda! I love your new shoes and blouses. I'm sure you looked great at the conference. I agree with you 100% about the Word of God. Have a good week!
ReplyDeleteAMEN to God's word!
ReplyDeleteHey, I agree with Terri -- listen to Dave! Those new sliders look great.
LOVE the shoes! and yay for a silk blouse!!
ReplyDeleteAMEN to the Scriptures and time in the Word of God. I can't function without spending time with our Savior Redeemer.
Have a wonderful week and I hope your feet continue to breathe well. (I'm constantly barefoot so....can totally relate).
My feet are on vacation nearly every single day. That's a wonderful benefit to living where we do, right?!!!
ReplyDeleteThe shoes are great and I love the brightness of the blouses.. happy colors I call them. God's word created all there is and keeps it all going. Nothing sustains like the word of God... Amen many times over. I am so behind in visiting. It's been a nasy few months for me pain wise.. that's my only excuse.
ReplyDeleteAmen!
ReplyDelete