Good morning. It's only 6:40 am here in central Florida, we never did make it to the grocery store yesterday, we did get haircuts and did some antiquing and using my gift cards at Marshalls/HomeGoods. By the time we got home it was thundering so no pool time and yes, it did rain really good unfortunately, the water table is down by 2 feet (so says the newspaper) ... I will try to come up with a post--how about just random stuff?
Random Thought #1: Ms. Lilybelle, in all her glory. Some of you might remember she is a rescue dog. After our late sons' dog, Coffee passed away, we weren't sure if we truly wanted another pet. Then along came a mutual friend who introduced us to Ms. Lily's owner who had to give her away due to not having a suitable living arrangement (the owner was homeless)
So, yeah, she is one pampered family member. She does not like the humidity at all, and she is rather a very spoiled indoor German Shepherd. We can leave all day and come back, and she will be in the same spot. We believe she is at least 70 in adult years. When we got her, she was really malnourished and now she is pretty healthy, actually, the vet said she has to 'push away from the treats', lol. She is slowing down. But aren't we all? She is definitely the boss, that is for sure. 😄
Random Thought #2:
I have used Cetaphil pretty much my whole adult life. Ever since I had an accidental 2nd degree burn on my face, actually, so, yeah, pretty much my adult life. I do have face discoloration due to the burn, and I have to be careful what I use. I also use Clinique toner, it's very mild. Can you believe I have also been always allergic to Ivory soap, yep, Ivory.
Random Thought #3
We went antiquing yesterday in the Villages and hubby found these to add to the collection...exasperation on my part. Seriously, dude, I no longer have any use for green depression ware. Two bowls, a decanter, measuring cup and a fridge. butter dish.
Random Thought #4: Have you ever wondered about people? When we entered Marshalls/Home Goods (all in the same building) yesterday, the store was pretty empty. Then all of sudden, it wasn't. Have you ever wondered what makes people "tick"? Some just have a sour disposition on life, it just makes you wonder.
Random Thought#5: Sticking to my rule. A coworker was having a get together at her house yesterday. Apologies, but I see you every single day, although I do see my husband every single day, my time is precious with him...sticking to my rule of keeping work and family separate. Love you guys, but I just can't do 6 days a week. I only get 48 hours of "free" time. No, a couple of hours wouldn't "kill" me per say, but no. I am afraid I have made her mad at me.





Lilybelle is a blessed pup!
ReplyDeleteI totally get your #5. Sometimes we need time away.
Your coworker will have to get over it. I am glad you stuck to your boundaries, Linda. With the sour/dour dispositions of many, I'm surprised there hasn't been a severe increase in the cost of lemons and vinegar. 😂 It sounded like you had a busy Saturday. I have to hit the grocery store today and will probably do it while everyone is at church. Miss Lily Belle is darling. Have a blessed Sunday.
ReplyDeleteLilybelle is a very lucky girl to have you and Dave as her new "mom and dad"!! We are supposed to get rain today and maybe everyday this week. 'bout time! We need it badly! Hope your coworker isn't angry with you. Weekends are all you have when you work full time. Hopefully she understands. Ask her how it went and say sorry you missed the fun... Wishing you a good week ahead, Linda. xo
ReplyDeleteHi Linda! Oh Lilybelle is so adorable and what a great personality! She and I would get along great not liking the humidity. My dog Meisha is older too. She likes being outside and that is where she is right now. She likes to lay out in the sun. Then she comes back in.
ReplyDeleteI had some dark places on my face from the sun and I used vitamin C serum and the place is gone now. I do wonder if it would bother your face. My face is not sensitive. I like the Clinique toner and I like their cleanser too. I am currently using the LaRoche Posay hydrating gentle cleanser. It is unscented. I like it. It is in a white bottle.
I agree with you on co-worker get togethers after hours. I usually do not go. I don't care if I make people mad. Hahahaha
Hi Linda, I think making your husband is a great priority. I do less things now and hubby is fine when I go with friends. I am as old as your dog. My dog will be 10 years in November and slowing down too. Happy Sunday!
ReplyDeleteI'm the same way, Linda. My time with my husband comes first! I don't have work friends because I'm retired but I totally understand it.But can't help it that I enjoy my husbands company more.
ReplyDeleteWe got that really good rain on my side of town yesterday, too. So refreshing!
ReplyDeleteYou definitely need that time away from work, Linda, and I'm glad you're insisting on that. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was teaching the only "work" related thing I'd go to was the xmas party. I loved my educational classroom team and the other special ed people but i was like you: keep family life separate from work life. Plus I always had some kind of ministry I was volunteering with so there was that....
ReplyDeleteI LOVE green depression ware but only have 1 thing because my greedy younger sister grabbed it all that my mom had. I found a lemon squeezer thingy in an old barn which is now an antique store (what are those really called??) you know...where you put the lemon on the knobby thing and turn it to make your own lemonade. My recipe calls for 6-7 lemons and that beautiful green glass sits on my corner cupboard in the dining room from April-Nov.
Happy Sunday! it's 84 here in the Albany NY area with a brisk breeze and I'm in heaven .
I was thinking about LilyBelle just recently; she's so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYes, I often look at other shoppers and just (oops, jus keeping it real). This was several years ago but I concluded, men in general, wear more pleasant expressions; and, Seniors always look happy -- just to be alive, I guess.
I loved reading about your sweet German Shepherd! Since I work on a church staff and we attend church there . . .my work and personal life crossover a lot!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda :) We had a dog named Lilly Belle! She was a beagle and the best dog ever. I do agree about keeping work and home separate. Just in general, no one wants to go to work all day and then have some social event to go to afterwards. Time at home is precious. Have a wonderful week! Hopefully with lots of a/c :)
ReplyDeleteAww your Lilybelle is sweet. Keeping work and family life separate is a must. Glad you got some rain. I love your glassware but like you I'd be thinking do I really need it and where's it going to go? Have a good week Linda.
ReplyDeleteYour LilyBelle is one blessed doggy! She is beautiful!! I'm so glad God brought her to YOU! He knew what you needed, and who Lilybelle needed too! Your green depression ware is beautiful! But I understand your dilemma...I am also thinking about ways to start thinning out things little by little. And you did the right thing about the "party". Your at home time is precious and you don't have enough of it. Yes, just ask how it went and tell her you are sorry you couldn't participate, and thank her for the invitation, but family comes first. Hey, we didn't get any rain yesterday or anytime lately! Send it our way next time! LOL. I hope you are having a good week so far. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDelete