Good morning. Wow did we ever get rain yesterday. I meant to post this and forgot. Onwards to the Hodgepodge.

1. What's one piece of advice you would you give a recent or soon-to-be graduate?
Well, I have several...I know, it said only one...but here we go:
--there is no such thing as a "forever" job anymore.
--do what you love-or want to do.
--Keep your work and family life separate.
--It's ok to say NO.
--Have principals/ morals and values
--Get a job with health insurance, life insurance and whatever.
2. May 15th marks the birth date of L. Frank Baum, author of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. At this point in time are you more in need of brains, courage, heart, or a trip back home? Explain. I just wanna go home---err---stay home. LOLOL
3. "There's no place like home" is an oft repeated line from Baum's book. When was the last time you felt the truth of that statement? Every single blasted day. If you all really truly knew what I deal with every single day....sigh.
4. May is National BBQ Month...do you own a grill? Yep Who does the grilling at your house? The hubby What's your favorite thing to throw on the grill? Chicken What's the last thing you grilled? He grilled up some steaks.
5. What's a memory you replay in your head when you need a little joy?
Well, there are plenty of memories...but it's usually memories of my son, but the beach is a close second. LOL
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Not much to report on. It's humid and we have been getting afternoon rain, however, the ac is on the blink in the portable where I work...maintenance hasn't a clue on what etc. It was 79* in there yesterday, plum miserable--has been for several days. Luckily, I only have one class this morning, the afternoon class is testing. Oh hey, 8 out of the 10 students I put up for the GED, passed! Woohoo!!!
Speaking of talent. I get to leave early today as I stayed late yesterday due to a talent show. One of my students was participating and she got second place for singing a gospel song...wow, was it ever so powerful.
Linda, that is awesome about 8 of your students passing the GED. Woohoo! I think your pearls of wisdom for a recent or soon to be graduate are spot on. I hope they figure out your lack of A/C in the portable soon. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your gospel singing student and BIG congrats to your 8 students who got their GED!! Well done them, and well done YOU!! xo
ReplyDeleteThat's some of the best advice (to new graduates) I've ever heard. Pity, it took me almost 60 years to understand, lol.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to your student on the talent show!