Good morning!
Currently
Weather...60*. Hubby turned the ac off for a while to get some fresh air in. Praising the good Lord, we had a monster storm and lots of rain yesterday. The pool dropped to 72*.
Watched...after Lowes, Home Goods, Publix (got soaked) and stopping over to see the parents, we came home and hunkered down. The weather was just nasty, and we got soaked yet again walking to and from their garage to my husband's truck. ANYWAYS, we watched Maleficent part 1 and 2. Interesting from the villain's point of view.
Hmm...interesting...Mom called said there is a house for sale 2 doors down says it was a foreclosure and the sign went up a day ago. She checked on it for me (hence why we went over) and lo and behold, much to her dismay as well as ours, it sold in less a day for $217,000!!! 217,000, my folks live in a half million-dollar neighborhood. I asked her does that sale affect them, she said yes. Sigh...another house lost.---Anyways, that is where we are here in Florida with the housing crisis.
***noticed some "slowing" down of my parents. They are nearly 82 and 80. This makes me sad.
Ate...while at Publix yesterday, we picked up a box of Publix chicken, Publix Potato Salad and Publix Mac. Cheese. *** Yes, I love Publix, lol.
Listening to...my husband talking about his mother and some issues going on...yet again...never ending.
Making me smile...
Needing too...Not that I really have any gumption...do laundry and get stuff around for the new week and figure out what's for dinner, make a proper grocery list.
Last thought...



Glad you got some rain. Wow on that house!
ReplyDeleteLove the crown meme!
Housing is crazy in Texas too. For 217,000 you're going to get a starter home that needs lots of TLC, whereas, that used to be a nice house in the nicest neighborhoods 10 years ago. The economy is stupid. We could go on and on about that.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had some rain yesterday, Linda! I hope you have a restful day. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteWe only got a tiny bit of rain yesterday. Thought we would get more and am sad we didn't. I've got another busy week ahead, but a good busy!! I'm just getting caught up on blogs I've missed and will probably get behind yet again, with more company coming. It's a blessing, though!! Sorry you missed out on the house near your folks. Have a blessed week ahead, Linda!
ReplyDeleteHousing in our neck of the woods is crazy, as well. Two little homes on our block each sold within a week for the asking price. Something's gotta give!
ReplyDeleteWe let Mr Kroger feed us often!! They have a great deli. We've had rain and cooler temps too, it felt good.
ReplyDeleteHousing has always been crazy in California. My old house in the Silicon Valley before moving here is a 1100 square foot home, one car garage 3 bedrooms, 1 bath is worth 1.5 million. We saw the light and moved north.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you got a lot more rain than we did. It did rain for about a couple of hours, and that was it. We are thankful for that, but we need SO much more. Oh, what a shame to miss out on that house! Wow! but God knows best. Keep your ears and eyes open...there may be more and even better than that. And yes, regarding your parents slowing down, etc., yes, it happens right before our eyes. I know it's happening to us. We try to fight it, but "old age" catches up with us sooner or later. I'd prefer later, but sometimes it doesn't give us a choice. I love that your parents wanted you to come see the house that was near them. That's a plus!
ReplyDeleteTake care my friend, and I will be praying for you this week for sure. (((HUGS)))
Hi Linda! Housing around here is crazy expensive too! We just listed our house for a ridiculously high price, but that is what the appraiser and real estate agent say it's worth, and I won't argue. I hope that you have a good week and can find the perfect home for you at a price you can afford.
ReplyDeleteGreat news abo9ut the rain. I hope you get a normal summer with normal rain. Every place seems to be so dry!!
ReplyDeleteThe house next door to mine (we all built these side hall colonials....3 bedrooms 1.5 baths and some, like ours, have a family room) just sold for a little over $450,000. yet back in 1994 when they were built to our specifications, the final cost was only about $230, 000. It's NUTS. But hey....... we are reaping what some people sowed via the elections.......no surprises right? promises unkept.....the economy is HORRIBLE.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got some rain. is Publix like western NY's Wegmans?? or is it more like Whole Foods? i 'm too lazy and busy this morning to google it. haha
Sorry you missed out on getting that house, Linda. Housing prices are through the roof in Georgia, too. Happy, though, that you are getting that rain you so desperately need. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteShoot, Linda! That house is asking price around here for a small two bedroom on a postage stamp sized lot. Either way, big or small, $217,000 is so far out of our price range! I complain about our 220 year old house but it was cheaper than anything on the market now days.
ReplyDeleteWaking up and not at the beach -- you are so funny, Linda!
ReplyDelete