Wednesday, May 20, 2026

Not Complicated Hodgepodge...

 Good morning. Apologies for not posting or even visiting your blogs. I have not felt like posting or even doing much of anything. I did mean to post the Tuesday Meme and forgot. More like a brain fog, but I'll blame it on the humidity. 😉

1. What do you make more complicated than it needs to be? Hmm...I have to think on that one. I try very hard not be a complicated person, but my husband tells me all the time I am. LOL--more like indecisive at times.

2. What impresses you? Humility, courage, being truthful, bold outright faith.

3. On a scale of 1-10 how picky of an eater are you?  (1=extremely and 10=not at all)  hmm...it just depends...probably or a 5-6. If you had to eat a meal made entirely of one color what color would you choose? Hmm...red? strawberries, raspberries, apples, watermelon.

4. What does balance in life mean to you? Coming home knowing that hubby is handling things, it used to be unbalance because I spent the majority of married years taking care of everything...now it's the other way around. I have learned there is no sense in getting mad, trying to control or whatever...just let it go. Does your life currently feel 'balanced'? Hmm...can one truly feel balanced?

5. If you could travel the world for a year what would be your first destination? I would hit the Maldives first, and then every beach in between...or Ireland or Scotland. See, that's indecisive.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 


Lawdy, let me tell you about the monsoon we had yesterday at work. Wow, walked out and it was just darn right monsoonal, got soaking wet, of course, I wear flip flops to work and had to take them off, because you know, you just can't walk in wet flip flops. It took a good 10 min. to get to my truck; soaking wet is the word. The umbrella did not help at all. I had to laugh though, why? Because you know, it's ok. LOL--unfort...I was cold driving home because I was soaked to the bone. I must have looked like a drowned rat, actually, I think hubby did mention that when I finally got home. It had not rained at the house, nope, it thundered and lightened...where I work is 20 miles north near Gainesville and the weather is very different up there.

Wishing you all a beautiful day, I hope to get caught up with your blogs sooner than later.

14 comments:

  1. We haven't had any rain but the weekend looks wet. I feel like Memorial Day is often a wash in terms of the weather, but we do need rain. The Maldives is high on my hubs list of places he wants to go. Have a nice day Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good thing that you were able to laugh about the monsoon! When I was answering the questions on my blog, I somehow missed the part of the question about the food colors . . .oh well! Maybe I'll go back and add that answer later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I can relate to the indecisiveness. If there are too many choices, I get tripped up :) And we had the monsoon last night. Lots of rain and wind and lightening. I hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on being indecisive. lol
    I never thought of all the red food. I could go for a fruit salad right now.
    Eek to the monsoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your answer on what impresses you. I agree! I would love to visit Scotland one day. I am recently more intrigued with the country. Hope you have a good day and see some sunshine this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed reading your responses to the Hodge Podge, Linda. I am sorry you had soaked on the way to your vehicle. Hope your community gets some rain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your red eating plan, you can throw tomatoes in there too!
    You must have had quite a storm. I've been in a few of those in my life - not fun to drive home soaking wet!
    Travel to Ireland and Scotland sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I so remember Florida's crazy afternoon rain showers. Your description made me remember a time some coworkers were laughing at our (news) anchor who was taking off her shoes before running out to her car. Quoting (something like) "These shoes cost me $400, the pantyhose $5. What would YOU do?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I try to keep things simple and not over-complicate things, Linda. It makes for a quieter existence. Hope you have a great week and stay dry for here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - quite the rain! But glad you made it home safely. And how nice to have a hubby keeping things balanced at home for you. What a blessing!! And YES to Ireland and Scotland. They made my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got a big storm like that yesterday???? And we have had NOTHING< NADA, Zip! The weather around this part of the state sure is weird. I think someone put a big umbrella over our area and the rain just goes all around us. Sigh. Oh, you are blessed that Dave is doing the cooking and taking care of things at home so you can come home and not have to worry about all of that. That is truly a blessing. My hubby did that after he retired and I was still working...well, at least he tried, and he did do a pretty good job, but as soon as I retired he handed the "keys" all back to me and that was the end of that. Oh well, what would I do all day if I didn't have to cook, do laundry, clean, shop for groceries, read blogs, etc. ? LOL. I have no clue. Anyway, enjoy it while you can. I hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thankful for the rain and praying for much more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It’s hard not to want to control everything! Good for you in learning how to let some stuff go…

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another interesting Hodgepodge! Sorry you got soaked going to your truck! We do need the rain, though, so I would just laugh, too. Sending a hug!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)