Good morning. I hope this post finds each of you in great spirits.
Weather-64* and very foggy. Expecting a 50% of rain and temps near 90 today. Yes, its humid...no worries, Monday and Tuesdays high will only be like 50*. Yep, read that right. Rollercoaster ride, tis is spring.
Apologies- for not posting yesterday and / or getting caught up on blogs. Honestly, between having to work a 40 hr. a week job and this remodel, I am tired. NOT that I am actually doing any work for the remodel, just living in a construction zone...lol.
Progress-Before and after...much progress has been made after my last post.
![]() |
| before |
So, many decisions have been made...return of cupboards/cabinets, using old ones/retro fitting, paint, flooring etc.
Still have to paint the whole kitchen, cabinets, move lights, organize, take the window film off the window, doorknobs, pulls etc. Paint selection was picked, a soft gray for the walls and white for the cabinets. I might have snapped at hubby--because honestly, I haven't even thought of knobs/pulls...sigh.
Because of-the electrical issue and having to knock down that whole kitchen wall and the very fact the humidity in the house is so high, even with the central ac on, the drywall is still wet, and so paint will have to wait until next week or so, to let it all dry. We are looking to invest in a whole house humidifier. Why?
![]() |
| so says my clock. |
the humidity...yep, living in Florida even indoors the humidity is something else. 66* in the house and 60% humidity.
So-we continue to live in chaos for a bit longer.
The dining room--where we need to take the items on the right that are piled high to the thrift store. The other day, I couldn't even get in there--progress has been made to clean up--we still have boxes and boxes of stuff that need to be put away. Of course, we will have to wait because the cabinets and the kitchen needed to be painted.
All in all--we are happy with the progress. Since hubby has been helping, it knocked the cost way down. I haven't showed the pile that needs to be taken to the dump. We are under a no burn ban here.
One last thing--and I am so guilty of this...distracted driving. I realized this yesterday...unfortunately I came upon an accident on the way home.
a pick-up truck was pulling a trailer, and it overcorrected. Twisted metal and the fire crews working frantically to get the driver/ passengers(?) out. And while sitting there waiting for them to allow us drivers to pass, I got to thinking, how many times do I drive home and not really thinking? Seriously, how many times do I drive home and not realize how I got home. It was sort of surreal.
I'll leave you with that thought...scary as it is.
Wishing you a lovely day.






It looks like forward progress is being made on the renovation of the kitchen. There were many times I would get home from work and not know how I got there. Have a relaxing weekend, Linda.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're making good progress. Sounds like a whole house dehumidifier would be good. Yes, I am guilty of distracted driving too.
ReplyDeleteOne day at a time... yes, progress is being made!! Crazy weather, for sure. Hot today and cold again tomorrow through Tuesday. Good grief!! Yes, I am also guilty of driving on auto and not really thinking about where I'm going. When I was working, I would catch myself turning toward work when that wasn't where I was going at the time. Just on auto drive. Cruise control, out of control! Geesh. take care and have a happy weekend! xo
ReplyDeleteYou are making great progress in your home. One day this will be a memory.
ReplyDeleteAs for the driving, what can I say? We all need to be driving defensively at all times. Do whatever we can to avoid the 'road rage' that threatens in our current culture.
Distracted driving can be so dangerous. Love the update photos, too. Have a great weekend, Linda!
ReplyDeleteLinda, I can remember leaving work and being so deep in my own thoughts that I wouldn't even remember the drive home. The new kitchen is going to be great and well worth the construction zone you're living in now. I am anxious to see pics when it's all done. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI think when we travel routes that we are so familiar with we can end up on autopilot. Glad you are seeing progress with the works Linda. Doing work in a kitchen is always a nightmare. Hope you're having a restful weekend.
ReplyDeleteMy step mom put one of those dehumidifiers in our house in Titusville. I hated that thing. It was nosy (1970s) always stunk of old water. We still had moldy walls. I'm surprised I don't have lung issues from it. I sure don't miss that about living in Central Florida. 😉 The new ones are probably a lot more efficient. Thankfully our central A/C takes care of humidity now. I'm so grateful.
ReplyDeleteThe reno's gonna be nice. I think you've said what color(s) y'all chose? It was one of the 10,000 versions of "white"? 🤣 Right? We did that but with gray in our kitchen. Who knew were also 10,000 versions of that color too!? 🤣🤣
When I was working in Waycross I would be that distracted driving home from fatigue. A couple of times I drove off the road I was so tired! Dang. I didn't know it at the time but I also have a mild heart condition (Mitral Valve-Prolapse) that was causing fatigue. All those years I'd been to the doctors and it never was diagnosed! Kinda scary, that. Medication took care of that issue.
Love to you both. 💓
Funny (not funny) what you said about distracted driving. Years ago I remember driving to work, then realize I'd no recollection of how I got there. Honestly, I thought I was losing my mind.
ReplyDeleteI love the new kitchen island. All this temporary 'stuff' inconvenience will be so worth it in the end.
Love all the new changes! And I never look at my phone while driving...that's a huge distraction.
ReplyDeletehugs
Donna