Thursday, February 26, 2026

Sliding into the Hodgepodge on a Thursday...

 Good morning...another busy day...I have to be at work by 6:30. More on that (maybe not) on a later post-or not.

1. America celebrates turning 250 years old this year. Primary cities set to lead the celebrations on July 4th are Boston, Philadelphia, New York, and Washington D.C. Other significant locations for celebrating will be Charleston SC and the 'historic triangle' which includes Jamestown-Williamsburg-Yorktown Virginia. 

Of the cities listed how many have you seen in person? All of them. Of the cities listed which would you most like to visit this year? Not going to visit any...although I would like to return to Boston. Any plans to do so? Nope. Finances. Just saying. What's one place in America you think everyone should, see? Gettysburg and Arlington.

2. Three sounds you love to hear? 

Children laughing and playing

The National Anthem

Amazing Grace

3. Three sounds you hate to hear? 

People who screech at me (been getting a lot of that this week)

Anger/bad words (been getting that a lot of that this week)

The security gates at work--SLAM, Buzz, slam

4. February 24th is/was National Tortilla Chip Day. Are you a fan? Yum With salsa, guacamole, queso, or just plain please? No guaco please, ick. Do you like nachos? Yep With what on top? Everything but guaco, ick. lol Is there anything (besides nachos) you make that calls for tortilla chips? hmm...an acholic beverage.

5. We March into March with next week's Hodgepodge...what's one thing on your March calendar that makes you smile?

Birthdays (Hubbys, mine and our late sons)

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I have to run but let me just say...I am just plain tired of dealing with politics at work. Way too much to complain talk about...and not enough time. I was ordered down to see another teacher this morning and the comment was made, "Since she is from the public school system, perhaps you could learn a thing or two." Hmm...well, glory me. I swear to you, he has me mixed up with my coworker who was also ordered down there. He did mention something about a goose and gander. Whatever.

Have a great day all.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry it's been a tough week. I agree a margarita needs chips to go with : ) I hope today is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes wonder about your boss...I think he could learn a thing or two about being an appropriate supervisor...it just doesn't sound like HE knows what HE is doing half the time, and that creates a lot of tension for the rest of you. I know he's also under pressure from the powers that be, but still... Anyway, I hope things settle down for you soon. Thank you for your kind words on my post. You and I belong to a "club" that we never asked to join and truly wouldn't want anyone else to have to join us either. But we can support one another and understand when some days are just harder than others...birthdays and other anniversaries of days we wish had never happened. But God gives us the grace and strength to keep going, especially when we remember that this world is NOT our final home, praise God!!! Our beloved children and others are waiting to welcome us "HOME" someday, for the joy that NEVER ends!! Amen. Have a blessed day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to all those cities too but some were as a young teen and I'd like to go again.
    Yes to tortilla chips and nachos! But like you, I don't want any guac!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, you are in my prayers about the change up in your day today at work. I do hope your day goes as smoothly as possible. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good golly, Linda. Who runs that place where you work (the inmates!)!? Pretty sure I couldn't put up with it. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of March birthdays, Linda. Mine is March 1st. Hang in there with your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best response ever to #2. Arlington, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much "noise" at work. Here's to a quiet weekend. Not sure how you do it.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)