Saturday, February 14, 2026

Currently Valentines Day

 Good morning, I have to say the weather has been very pleasant and warm and a tad bit humid for the middle of February.

Currently...

Weather-50* and expected back into the 80's here inland. Hubby suggested the beach today, but the NASCAR race is at Daytona this weekend and plus, the beach coastal weather is only supposed to be in the 60's. No thanks, wait for less traffic and warmer weather.

Thinking

--We did not find out some disturbing news about the mother in-laws furnace going out until 2 days later and without heat for that long. My husband did jump all over his sister and his mother...excuses after excuses and lies after lies. For Pete's sake, its only 11* up there. Anyways, paid the electrician/ wired the money to the company. Ridiculous.

Celebrating


It's Valentines Day and hubby got me silk flowers, yes, fake...as I prefer them.


and Harriet the Hippo. He said Harriet has to go in the backseat of my truck. LOL

Feeling--tired. However, it is a 3-day weekend. I did tell hubby we would go Antiquing aka junking today.

Answering...

because I forgot, once again, the Tuesday Meme.

1. Do you own a TV or do you have more than one? We have 4 flat screens/wide big tv's. They are pretty cheap now.  1 in each bedroom and a 60 inch in the living room.

2. Which programs do you like to watch? I like HGTV, You Tube, Tubi and On Demand.

3. Were you ever a soap opera or serial fan and if so what series or soaps were your favorite? One Life to Live, All My Children and General Hospital. I rushed home from school just to watch them. LOL

4. Is there a TV character that stands out in your mind and if so, what makes them special or noteworthy? Not just a character, but a show. I loved the tv shows Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows Best. Just wholesome shows, no cursing, no sex etc. Just wholesome shows.

Making me smile...

Wishing each of you a lovely day filled with love and laughter.

12 comments:

  1. We watched the same soaps after school!! I also love those old B&W shows. I'm catchcing an episode of the Munsters every day right now. They don't make them like they used to!! Have fun "junking" today and enjoy that extra day off!! Happy Valentine's Day to you and Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Harriet the Hippo! A little smile in your back seat. :)
    I used to watch All My Children too and recorded it on the VCR. :)
    Happy Junking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day wishes to you and Dave. I miss the old shows, and they definitely don't make them like that anymore which is a shame. Did they think out of sight don't need to know/tell you about your MIL's furnace? Not good to be without heat in that kind of cold. Have fun antiquing, Linda. Enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all....Happy ❤️ Valentines Day Linda. Hope you both share a beautiful LOVE day. OMgoodness...I can not imagine not having heat with temps as low as this. This could have really had a bad outcome. Enjoy your 3 day weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day, Linda! Enjoy your 3-day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentine's Day, my friend! Beautiful flowers! And enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, that hippo is so cute.
    It is going to be in the 70's here in Missouri next week. Crazy! I am hoping for some more snow in the future though.
    Your blog looks great! I love the St. Patrick's Day theme! Loved your answers! Happy Valentine's Day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silk flowers last a lifetime, so thumbs up on that one! We watch reruns of Leave It To Beaver nearly every weekday from 10:30-11:30am. So many life lessons in these shows, excellent character, and revealing reminders of how much has changed since these shows were created. Happy Valentine's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful back-seat driver you've got there! I'd never guess those were silk roses ... beautiful and best? Low mainteance! Happy Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Valentine's Day from sunny NYS!! And can you believe we finally have temps above freezing here in the Capital Region??!! I told dave i didn't want chocolates or flowers but definitely breakfast out and later a nice bottle of wine. Breakfast was awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved those old shows too...when we were kids they were the BEST! All My Children was really the only soap I ever got hooked on but it didn't last long. Having babies and moving and all kinds of stuff just kept me from getting too hooked on any one thing. I hope you had a nice day today. It was lovely. Tomorrow may be a washout, but we sure need the rain so I won't complain. Be glad you didn't venture near the beach this weekend...yeah, when the race in on you can't get close! Love your hippo! Cute!! I hope your next week is blessed and good. Nice to have a shorter week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda. The silk flowers from your husband for Valentines Day are beautiful! Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law's lack of heat. Glad you were finally informed so the problem could get fixed. I hope your Valentines Day was a good one. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)