Saturday, February 7, 2026

Currently...not Team USA

 Good morning. At least it's not overly cold here, as its 50*. 


So...

Reading...the news and how suddenly Team USA Olympic Skiers are not Team USA anymore... It is shameful that the Olympics has turned into a propaganda of hate and such even from our own Team USA. No thanks, you can stuff it where the sun don't sign. Your there to show your talents and support the USA, not spout "You don't support wearing the American flag due to ICE." Disgusting. I personally do not want to know your political viewpoints.

Watching...Geesh, I do believe I fell asleep last night and vaguely remember Lottery Dream Home. Sadly, I was mentally down and out.

Feeling...


Weather...50* and the sun is coming up. Supposed to be near 70* today.

Listening...the husband is in the kitchen--putting the dishes away, wiping down the countertop etc.

Last night...we headed towards our favorite pizza place on State Road 200 (Hospitality Row as it used to be called) and for whatever reason, the roads were at a standstill, so we backtracked and made it to Piesano's. It still took nearly 45 min. to get anywhere. It must have been an accident--we did see the firetrucks, ambulances etc. roll by.


Yep...it was one of those days...anyways, pizza, chicken wings and hubby ordered a meatball sub, and we ended up bringing most of it home.

Thankful...for a coworker who was in the vicinity of a chewing out who texted me last night to check on me. Yeah, the bossman was not happy yesterday...and he called me on the way home from work (he felt the need to express how sorrowful he was I got caught up in it, once again--the chewing out wasn't directed at me, but at the coworker whom, once again, we had to come to the rescue for.) BTW, when you are getting chewed out, keep your big mouth shut, unfortunately she has not learned that yet. Hence why it was so brutal. She just wouldn't shut up. He was not looking for explanations or "I don't know", not at all. Just.be.quiet.

P.S. "Survival Mode" seems to be the thing right now...I would like to discuss this later...in a later post.

Thinking...

--haircut day

--run to Wally world (egads, ugh, sigh)

--something weird is going on in the neighborhood...there has been a car and or truck canvassing around...the other morning, I walked out to get to my truck at 5:45 am and there was a pickup truck sitting off to the side taking photos. Of what? I don't know. I yelled for my husband and the truck sped off. The other neighbors have seen it too.

--hubby wants a Twistee ice-cream today.

Celebrating...nothing really. Hubby claims he will not watch the Superbowl, I really don't care, because it starts around the time I have to go to bed.

Laughing over...



LOLOLOL. I do believe my husband probably said something similar.

Wishing you all a beautiful day.

16 comments:

  1. I haven't followed the Olympics in years, but was thinking about giving it a go this time around. You've cured me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are not big sports fans in this household, so no Super Bowl watching here. We typically don't watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics either. I'm with you on I am not interested in the political views of the athletes, so as Archie Bunker would say "stifle it". It is about 20 here and I would be interested in having a Twistee. Too bad we don't have any around here. I am sorry that you were on the edge when the storm at work blew in, but glad a co-worker and the bossman checked up on you, Linda. Have an enjoyable weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I'm exhausted just reading your post :) As you probably were when you read mine. The Super Bowl (and a man who calls himself Big Bunny) eye roll. The team who went to the olympics on our dime, but now condemns us. eye roll. A boss who isn't professional enough to discipline in private. Ridiculous. I wish I were a groundhog and lived underground. Although everyone is yelling at him too :) ugggg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, sorry to hear about the workplace drama. There's always "that one" that will not be peaceful. 😭 Nope. Don't miss that a bit.
    Ocala is a big city now, so, it's like any large area: it's a h-e-double sticks place. I don't have the temperament to live like that anymore.
    Y'all stay safe and warm!
    Love ya. 💓

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda. I haven't been watching the news and didn't know about the thing with the Olympics and members of "Team USA" not wearing the flag. Those athletes should be sent home. Period. The Olympics is supposed to be about peace and good will - not making stupid political statements. I stand with ICE all the way! I hope you have a good Saturday. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grrrr! We didn't watch the Olympics last night and now won't be watching it. I'm so sick of politics being shoved in our faces all the time. This is the worst - they are there to represent the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubby was out on 200 yesterday, earlier than you and Dave, and he said it was crazy drivers and gridlock everywhere he went. He never saw what caused it but he talked about it for quite a while after getting home.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Everything I used to enjoy has been corrupted by politics. I refuse to watch the Superbowl or the Olympics, Granny's and all were shows. I's time for God fearing Christians to start showing integrity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not getting into the politics. Sorry you're still having a hard time at work. Love the baby and groundhog pic lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. The less I see the Winter Olympics, the happier I will be, Linda. Sure hope your neighbors and you can figure out who was "casing" the joint the other morning. It could be nothing, but no one should take chances these days. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Turning your back on this country is not the way to settle issues you're not in agreement with. Even as bad as things are, we're still the best, I'm so tired of it all. jsmh We're having the same weather here, it's a pretty sunny day with mild temps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no! I didn't know that about the Olympic team, etc. We don't watch it anyway. Hubby is unhappy that the NHL Hockey games have all been pre-empted by the Olympics, so he's watching stuff on youtube mostly. That really makes me sick to hear they did that. Who do they think they are??? We will be watching the Super Bowl here with the kids, but not their half time show. We will look for the other one if we can find it. I don't watch the game anyway, so Rose and I will find other things to do while the guys enjoy the game. Oh, that truck taking pictures early in the morning when it's still dark? Creepy. I 'm glad you weren't the one involved in the confrontation at work, but it's still upsetting to hear or see it no matter what. Praying for you to stay protected always. Hope you have a good rest of your weekend. At least it has warmed up, praise God.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was on the fence about watching the Olympics, but this news sealed the deal for me. Ditto for the Super Bowl half-time show.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you a good weekend, Linda! You guys are always welcome for a Lakeland weekend get-away! I don't care about the Superbowl, but do like the commercials. Planning to tune into the alternate TPUSA halftime show. Sending a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're right, politics and partisan bickering have no place in a sports venue. It's also disheartening to see athletes from Israel, Russia and any other country banned from events. While I have issues with these governments human rights records, athletes shouldn't have to pay for stuff they didn't create. Ditto for the American team, set politics aside for the time being and focus on athletics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh sweetheart! I've been in the vicinity of those high-octane, chewing outs...it is Not Fun! Although needed....
    Olympics? We stopped watching those about ten years ago. Ice skating is about all we enjoyed watching. Someone REALLY needs to have a heart to heart with the sponsers! Maybe if they stop buying ads...we could get this crap put to bed!
    And if you can afford to quit your job, why don't you?! You deserve better!
    Big Hug...
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)