Good morning...can you believe it's Sunday, already?
Weather...69* and cloudy. Under several warnings and warnings: Red Flag, Fire Weather, and Freeze Warning. Only in Florida where you get three warnings/watches. From heavy winds to a fire watch and freeze, all in one day.
The Money Pit...continues. Long story short, a critter ate some piping from the water tank that was NOT PVC, so another trip to Home Depot and $200 later--$200 for PVC, yep...thank you tariffs because it's a product from China. Ridiculous. But you didn't ask, so I'll refrain further. The issue will be fixed tomorrow--and it has to be fixed because there is a leak, under the house. Yeah, never mind. OH, did I mention, that will be another $300 for labor?
![]() |
| which means hubby was spitting mad all day long. How much for PVC? Crazy. |
Which means...the paint job will have to wait. Because I/we simply can't afford two things at once. Have you seen the price of paint? One has to wonder about depending on another country so much. Wait, you didn't ask for my opinion. 🙄
Listening to...the birds outside and Ms. LilyBelle whining. She's mad because it has been raining AND both back / side gates are shut due to having the pipe/water issues. She can only stay in the front yard and that has made her mad because she can't run the whole yard.
Need to do today...
Regardless of the issues going on, I need to get some semblance of organization back in the kitchen and cook a decent meal today. I hate doing double the work, but this is crazy --I simply cannot live out of boxes...yes, I know it's only been 4 days.
I also need to do laundry and iron.
I also need to color my hair.
I also need to lesson plan.
Thinking...with the rising cost of items, wouldn't it just be better to rent and not have to worry about home ownership and all the things that entails. On that note, we were watching something yesterday on Key West aka the Conch Republic. You want to talk about rising cost...sigh. I also hate to see hurricane season this year...our home insurance has gone up...yeah, never mind, another you really don't want my opinion of the cost of everything. I know, the cost of owning a home in hurricane / paradise land.
Watched...from You Tube:
Inside the Real Key West
Ruth Aisling: 48 Hours Inside Scotland's Smallest City
Kirsten and Joerg
$80 million dollar house in Delray Beach, FL
Gosh, I need to get a life. LOL
Word Games: from Sunday Stealing
Biscuit-warm, fluffy buttermilk biscuits with butter or honey that melt in your mouth.
Crayon-Crayola's
Warmth-on a sunny warm day at the beach or under a duvet.
Flip-Flops
Slush-fund Lolo 😂
Wing-Buffalo LOL--Do buffalos have wings? LOLOLOL
Candle- Yankee Candle-Beach Walk
Cinnamon-toast
P.S. If you get around to watching the video from Key West, just my opinion, if you ever get to Key West-stay out of the tourist traps---well, even anywhere in Florida, stay out of the tourist traps, go see the real Florida, drive the backroads, talk to people etc. That video is the real Key West, one that I long for...simple living, making ends meet, not having a care in the world. How those folks do it, is beyond me...the cost of rent and taxes down there, crazy. But who doesn't want the island life and live like a pirate? Just saying...if I could figure out a way to do that and or have some talent, I would quit the rat race and live simple. Just prop me up on the beach, I'll be ok.🌴🤣😉🏄
Yep...even in Central Florida.
Wishing you all a beautiful day.



I'm sorry for more issues. It seems that whenever you start a project, something like that pops up.
ReplyDeleteYes, paint is so expensive now!
Oh Linda, I am sorry about the critter damage, the leak, and now the added expense of the PVC pipe and repair. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteJoe and I went to Key West once, years and years ago. Been there, done that. Linda!! I LOVE Ruth Aisling!! I've watched all of her Scotland videos and always check for a new one to post!! Not sure I could live on a remote island with only 30 residents, but sometimes it does sound like paradise! LOL You will love your new kitchen. Hang in there, my friend!! xo
ReplyDeleteRepairs are so costly now days...speaking of paint...we just had my Father-in-laws home painted inside. Everything, including the cabinets. Wow.. We had new flooring put down throughout the house and replaced 3 toilets. Needless to say this is a big junk of money that will be coming off of the top of the selling price. Hoping you enjoy a peaceful day and next week Linda. ❤️
ReplyDeleteDid you hear the hard rain around 5am this morning? It was wonderful! I just pulled up the covers to my chin and fell back into a blissful sleep.
ReplyDeleteThis post reminded me that I have stuff to move from the washer into the dryer. Heading to the laundry room now ....
Sorry you are having plumbing issues! It's ridiculous how much everything costs anymore! I did watch the video on Key West. What a paradise! XO
ReplyDeleteI'm so bummed at these pop-ups you're having to deal with, Linda! Paint, maybe -- but who'd have guessed PVC pipe. There's been more than a few times I've wondered how wise we were to buy -- v. rent. Or even live in a coach/motor home full-time like Jack and Sherry (shipslog-jack.blogspot.com). Pushing 90 y/o and they're still having a blast.
ReplyDeleteYes, I agree with you about the cost of home ownership! Super expensive. I hope you are able to get all of the repairs finished so you can enjoy your new kitchen! See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteOh, I hear you, sista! We had to have plumbing work and the septic tank cleaned out last week. It's a good thing we had decided to buy Hubby a new recliner for his birthday BEFORE all the repair bills happened, or he probably wouldn't have gotten a new recliner for his birthday! LOL. But the kids did help with the chair, so that was nice. But yes, hubby was about to say, "let's sell the house and see how much we can get for it and move somewhere cheaper with no repairs!" LOL. I said, if such a place existed...but I don't believe they do...there will ALWAYS be repairs...even NEW houses need maintenance! And yes, taxes and insurance keep going up. So even if you own your home outright (no mortgage), you'll always have taxes and insurance! And repairs. There's no perfect solution, so we might as well bite the bullet and hang in there until Jesus calls us home. Meanwhile, I know you are going to love your new kitchen when it gets done! And, be thankful you don't still live up north...another blizzard/nor'easter up there this week! Geepers!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed week my friend.
Oh yes, down that rabbit hole of home repairs...I'm sorry, you guys! It's always like that, you think it's a simple project, but it is NEVER a simple project! I hope it goes better after this!
ReplyDeleteThis is definitely home ownership! David did a repair job over the weekend and I think he went back and forth to the hardware store at least 3 times. And after the new faucet was put in, what do you know??? a leak in the pipe underneath. Back to the store! That's about the only thing I miss about living in the apartment was the free maintenance.
ReplyDeleteBelize is on our list of places to relocate... need to go and check it out! I hope you have a great week.
ReplyDeleteWoW, hate to hear about all the extra cost that's happening on your remodel. You're right about owning a home, Mr D and I have talked about the same thing. As for insurance, can we talk? We also live in a flood/hurricane zone, so we pay extra for flood and wind insurance. OUCH! Sure hope the remodel goes better and Ms LilyBelle gets back to enjoying the entire yard. :0)
ReplyDeletePaint and deck stain is ridiculously overpriced. Hopefully now that the tariffs have been ruled illegal since the clown wasn't supposed to impose them maybe prices will start to come down. Here in NYS our taxes are still high but at least our gas prices have come down!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with all the issues.
I've never had a desire to go to Florida but if I did I'd want to visit St Augustine or Key West.
I hate having to spend money on things like PVC! Our dryer is making a horrible noise and I don't want to have to buy a new one!
ReplyDelete