Just because, truly, I have nothing Earth shattering to say...
Weather...60* and mostly cloudy and under a weather advisory for wind and severe weather. Tis the season, my friends...or the start of the season, I suppose. It's pretty humid out. And thankfully we did not venture over to the beach as State Road 40 (the main thoroughfare) is closed in some areas due to a forest fire, again, tis the season. Traffic was being rerouted and still is.
Drinking...my first cup of Lavazza coffee. Walmart had this brand on sale and I absolutely adore it. Thankfully, it's not acidity like some coffee is.
Yesterday...we left the house at 9 and didn't return until after 4. We started here in Ocala and ended up in the Villages. It was a full day of "junking"--just looking. Every place we went too was packed with people. We both were just so happy to get home and become couch potatoes. LOL--It was nice to see our favorite places that some had restocked or moved things around etc.
Metro Diner...it was an off day for them yesterday. The service sucked, one of our meals was overdone, and we waited nearly an hour for dessert. We did speak to the manager, again, it was an off day. I told hubby it will be a long time before I return there, he agreed. I also contacted corporate...yes, it was that bad. It's a shame because usually it's the opposite.
Things that begin with the letter "S" that I love...ok, I'll join in with the meme for the day
Seashells. Because we all know I can't resist taking some a lot home.
Seashore-LOLOLOL---maybe that should go with seashells? LOL
S-Spaghetti. Who doesn't love spaghetti? Just saying.
Sunshine-just not humidity. I know two different things. But the Florida sunshine is absolutely awesome.
Sweater weather-which we have had a bit of here in Florida. Not often, but usually 2-4 weeks out of the year we do have sweater weather.
Sandals--wait, flip flops. Because I live in Florida and with the exception of those 2-4 weeks of sweater weather, we can wear 'flips' year around. To which, I have to get my feet ready for 'flips'. LOL
Gotta go...to the dreaded store today. Hubby was going to grill out, but it looks like the weather will be uncooperative today. I / we also have to get gas in my truck for the reminder of the work week.
Needing to...I realized the Christmas outdoor garden flag was still up...so, yeah...I probably should trade it out. LOL
Yeah...and I probably should get around...I will try to catch up with your blogs later. Have a beautiful day all.


I'm sorry your Metro Diner was so bad. Ours (so far) has always been good, for lunch or dinner (and sometime I do have "breakfast" at those times). It's all up to the cooks and the managers, I think. Enjoy your day off tomorrow, Linda! Sending a hug!
ReplyDeleteIt sounded like you had a full day yesterday, Linda. I am sorry the dining experience at Metro Diner was less than stellar. I like your list of 'S' words. Now, I want spaghetti. Have a good Sunday and upcoming week!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great list of "S" things to love. Happy that y'all were able to get out and enjoy the day...I think I am turning into a couch potato. This may be part of my stillness, but I sure am enjoying it..
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday! Sounds like yesterday was a full but good day.
ReplyDeleteHooray for sunshine, seashells, seashores... :)
We've removed the wings from one of the outside decorative birds, in anticipation of the expected winds -- which have already stated up here at noon. Looks like it will be more of a wind event than rain. Hoping for good moisture!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday! God bless you in the coming week. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteYour Saturday was truly a long one, Linda! Hope the week ahead will be wonderful for you in every way. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about your disappointing experience at Metro Diner! I shouldn't let things like that affect me ... but it does. Good on you, contacting the higher-ups! Hopefully, you'll be hearing from someone.
ReplyDeleteDon't feel too bad about that Christmas flag. Tim just got our big lighted tree taken down today. It's been frozen to the ground until now.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda, sounds like you had a nice Valentine's. I love to go thrifting. I will have to check out that coffee you mentioned. I also like to collect shells, but I don't find many when I go. I think you have to go early and I a not an early bird. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteRestaurant fare is something of a shooting match, these days! You just never know what will happen!
ReplyDeletehugs
Donna
I agree, who doesn't like spaghetti?! Love 💞
ReplyDelete