Wednesday, February 18, 2026

Hodgepodging into Wednesday

 Good morning, I hope this post finds each of you in wonderful spirits.

1. The Hodgepodge lands on Ash Wednesday, which is the first day of Lent. Do you mark this season in some way? Will you be giving something up or adding something to your life in this Lenten season? 

Ok, truthfully, I had not realized it was Mardi Gras or even the Lenten Season. Shameful on my part. Giving up the old kitchen and the design/color scheme is all in my head, and that has hubby worried. LOL

2. Pancakes...are you a fan?Yep. Syrup or no syrup? Syrup, please. Plain, blueberries, chocolate chips, bananas, or some other add in? Usually plain, but I do like blueberries and chocolate chips. Are pancakes on your menu this week? Hmm...I usually microwave a couple frozen pancakes in the morning before leaving for work. However, since I am living in a construction zone, right now, it's Asiago Bagels this week.

got the sink moved and pantry put in. Still a lot of work to be done, 2 more cabinets, and the flooring needs to be fixed, paint, microwave installed, electric etc..
 

3. Tell us about a time recently when you felt 'spread too thin'. Every.single.day...well...since being in this other position for 3 weeks now, not so much anymore. However, I only get 2 hours between classes to do paperwork and lesson plans, consult with students etc...so, yes, spread thin that way. 

4. What's your favorite jewel or gemstone? Aquamarine, which is my birthstone and the majority of my jewelry is of that stone. 

In terms of your wardrobe would we find more gem stones, pastels, black and white, or primary colors? Gem and unfortunately, black pants/slacks (usually because technically it's still winter, come summer it will be colorful slacks and white blouses or matching colors to the slacks).

5. What responsibility do you think is hardest about being in charge? Just being responsible and making hard choices and finding that balance.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Monday we picked up the cabinets and the one had to be delivered.

The pantry barely fit in his truck.

mine fit 2 cabinets


So, the remodel has begun. Yes, I know, I posted out of order. lol

9 comments:

  1. It's exciting to be redoing a kitchen. Sounds like you're on your way and I look forward to seeing it all finished. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to see the kitchen remodel coming along, and I KNOW you will love having a window above your sink! Think of all the beauty you will see while you wash the dishes...or while Dave washes the dishes...either way, it will be a lovely addition to your kitchen activities. I am so happy for you to be finally getting this done. Oh, I wear black slacks or navy most of the time. I don't do white "bottoms" because they accentuate the "bottom", and I just never can decide on other colors, so my basic wardrobe is pretty plain, but I use different colored tops to make up for it. I don't go much of anywhere for people to notice anyway. Walmart...LOL. I could wear my pj's there and no one would care! LOl. Church? Well, I sit in the choir loft where everyone can see me, but only from the waist up since I am now on the 2nd row. Have a lovely day!!!! We are still w/o toilets. Septic tank must be emptied after all...they are coming this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to greatly enjoy following along on this remodel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pancakes, but I hardly eat them at home. I like butter and real maple syrup on mine unless they are pumpkin or chocolate chip then just butter and maybe a sprinkle of cinnamon. I love most gemstones except for diamonds. Just not a fan! Yay on the sink being moved and the pantry installed! Have a good day, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wrote about my plans for Lent in my latest blog, Linda. Hope you'll stop by when you get the chance. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your remodeled kitchen is going to be wonderful. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only two hours between? Is that supposed to include lunch? Yikes!
    I so love your new header ... and that font. What is it, pray tell?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for you and your new kitchen!! Lots of work, but also lots of fun!! I'm glad the new position isn't as taxing as the last one!! That's great! Sending love and a hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOH new kitchen cupboards! fun!!

    I love pancakes but not the frozne kind....I like making blueberry lemon ones or apple cinnamon. and REAL NYS or Vermont Syrup!!

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)