Sunday, January 11, 2026

Currently Sunday...

Starting off another day very foggy and the temps are supposed to start dropping sometime today. Cold colder weather is on its way this coming week.


Currently Sunday...

Weather...65* dense fog and rain is supposedly allegedly on its way🤣.

Watched...what did we watch...we were out until after 4 yesterday...thinking...oh got caught up on this seasons Main Cabin Masters, In with the Old and then The Mark Levin Show. I was in bed by 9:30.

What we had for late lunch/early dinner Saturday...


We stopped at Big Lee's BBQ, and I had the Carolina Bull. Pulled pork with coleslaw and Carolina gold sauce and mac. & cheese. And for one brief moment I was back home in Sweet Home Alabama. It's funny how certain things can bring back memories, right? Been thinking about Alabama a lot lately...probably because that is where we will be buried.

Thinking...

1. We stopped at Home Depot for hubby to show me the beautiful Butcher Block and the cabinets and then, I changed my mind...and for once, hubby was not flabbergasted or upset.


decided to go with a laminate Formica countertop. The lovely Butcher Block, well, I just didn't think it was going to work with what I had in mind design wise. Anyways, this came home with us:


It's called Calcutta and looks almost like granite. Two 6 footers a total of $350. It was cheaper than the Butcher Block (which I did not get photo of).


...and then hubby suggested we get an over the stove microwave (to save counter space) to match the stove, which was an extra cost that was not planned. So, that will be delivered this week, and Vince aka the contractor aka cabinet guy and my husband will begin tearing out the old kitchen this coming Friday. I didn't get a photo of the cabinets, but they are "shaker" cabinets, and they will have to be painted. AND a dishwasher is out of the question due to having to get an electrician to rewire the electric and a permit, yep...and that is just a real extra expense. So, no dishwasher. By the way, the folks at Home Depot are really nice and patient, the manager even was kind enough to get my husband signed up for the military discount and that saved us $100 and everything was on sale, so all in all, we did save a lot of money.

2. Then, we dropped everything off at home, went back out to the dreaded store. I was only supposed to come home with coffee pods, right? Yeah...$150 later...sigh. It's just never ending...

What's on tap today? Nothing. Absolutely nothing, maybe laundry, but that is it and if it's not raining, hubby will BBQ out. 


Making me laugh, because it's so true.



Grass? What's grass? LOLOL


So very true...after a few days, let's get back to warmth lol.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kitchen re-do updates!! I'm so excited for you! Gosh, I want some mac 'n cheese now. That looks very good! I will be wearing my heavier jacket and probably my knitted cap when I go walking this week. They say it may even get into the 30s on Thursday! Yikes! The heat will be back on, for sure, starting tonight! Stay warm up there. You guys are cooler than we are here (two hours farther north from Lakeland). Have a blessed week, Linda!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That mac and cheese was super-duper good. I see the temps are going to drop, bigly. Have a great day Terri. smiles

      Delete
  2. The countertop you decided on looks lovely, Linda. It sounded like a good outing at Home Depot with your needed/wanted purchases. Your meal out looked delicious especially the mac 'n cheese. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your new kitchen, Linda. Love what you've chosen to use in it. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BBQ is one of my favorite meals. I choose it most of the time, but in our area, it is so expensive these days. Sounds like a good shopping day and how exciting to be getting a re-do in the kitchen.. It was so warm here on Thursday and Friday last week, that the air came on. Today..the heater and fireplace are going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen renewal choices sound/look great! I look forward to pics when it’s all completed.
    Dishwasher, Gary has never used the one that came with this house. Some day it will have to be replaced but for the last 3+ years that I’ve been in this kitchen, we’ve been storing cookie sheets and other odd-sized things in that space. We wash dishes together all the time and it’s all good.
    As for the weather forecast for rain today, yes, we have got some on my side of town. Hope the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The countertop is very pretty! I'm excited for you. I can't believe you need another permit for a dishwasher. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's exciting about the kitchen. Can't wait to see how it all looks when the dust settles. That was a good call on the Formica. There's a report out now that shows granite is causing many health problems because it emits fumes or something or other. So, yeah, steer clear of that.
    The temp's are dropping here today. I think it's supposed to be 28* by morning. A freeze but not a long lasting or hard one. No dripping water needed. Whew! lol
    Have a great week.
    Love. ❤️🇺🇸

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same weather happening here!! I love your header, very cute. WoW, how great that hubby got a military discount, it was a good one too. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! Y'all are practically living an HGTV episode. Please send photographs when you're able.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda. I really like the new countertops. Doing home upgrades is always exciting, and yes, expensive. So glad that your husband got the military discount. Your barbecue meal looks delicious! Have a good week. I hope everything goes well for you! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, please send pictures before and after of the kitchen redo. We love our house makeover shows. And yes, Maine Cabin Masters too. I'm getting caught up on them too. I love those people. Your choice of counter top is beautiful! I think you will like it better than butcher block. What color are you going to paint the cabinets? I can't wait to see. I'm glad Home Depot did you right. That's where our sweet Rose works, but just not at the one where you are. Your BBQ dinner sure looks good. And unless you plan to do a lot of entertaining, you really don't need a DW. We don't have one since it's just the two of us, and when the kids come over we all pitch in and wash and dry. It just one less appliance to break down! And they will! Nothing is made to last anymore. Yes, it's getting colder again. I just wish it would RAIN. We got a little bit of drizzly stuff today, but nothing to write home about.
    Take care and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new counter top and microwave. Things will go pretty quick once the demo is done! :) Can't wait to see it all wrapped up. Have you decided on a color to paint the cabinets? I may have missed that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)