Monday, January 19, 2026

Currently a cold Monday morning...

 Good morning, friends! I hope this post finds each of you in great spirits. So, let's get right to it.


The Weather...like I said, it's a currently cold 29* Monday morning here in central Florida. Up in the panhandle, they got snow yesterday, here, we got pouring rain. It was nasty out and we were out in it. Just cold and nasty. That's not a complaint; it's just the plain truth. It was more like a hurricane on steroids-heavy winds and heavy rain.

As I look outside...the dreariness of winter has hit us. The grass looks like ice crystals, and everything is white. Beautiful, but no thanks.

Listening to...my husband, "Linda! The sun is gone!" At first, I was like what? He is joking...yeah, there is no sun out yet. Just plain cold.🙄

This morning, I am... it's a day off thanks to it being MLK Day. Although, we went to the store yesterday, the one thing I needed and forgot, was coffee creamer. Oops. I really don't want to go out and probably won't. So, being bundled up will be my morning.

What I am wearing...if you must know, nothing matching. Flamingo pj bottoms, black pullover, black and white checkered sweater and sock slippers that are pink.

Around the house...

since the kitchen remake/redo has been put on hold...the new countertops and sink sit there. It's ok.

From my camera/Around the house...and one of the reasons why we went out yesterday and this was after my post yesterday of planning on not doing anything...

1. My mother called and said she had stuff for me that she had put away and wanted to know if I wanted it.


3 boxes of "stuff".


In one of the boxes, were the jugs and some silk flowers. Mom, "I know you're leaning towards the French-Scandinavian style kitchen, so I just thought I would throw some stuff in there." Stuff was definitely the word of the day. We had also discussed the kitchen plans. Because somehow, I forgot about the drawer pulls. LOL

2. And I did not take photos, but their fireplace was on and I was so happy to stand there and get dried off and get warm. My mom was quite gleeful to see her 58-year daughter standing there like a child. LOL. I am sure it was quite a sight to see. It was quite blissful and I might even had said that.

3. To make a very long story short. My husband has been cutting the grass at an abandoned property to the entrance of our neighborhood. FINALLY, after months of the sherifs dept. being called by all of us, it is being torn down etc. Come to find out there were 2 mobile homes on that property. Whoever has been there for the last few days working hard.


Yay! What an eyesore and blight on the neighborhood. Goodbye, don't let the door hit ya. 

4. I did pick up some more eyeshadow sticks. Love, love these.


Long gone are the days of wild colors...I prefer the neutral/natural colors. My makeup habits have changed throughout the years. No one wants to see a 58-yr old woman looking like a clown, LOL.

My to do list...can you believe nothing? Nothing. I told hubby forget it; I am not going out. I got cold and wet yesterday and spent the late afternoon-evening covered in a blanket to recover. I am too old for this, was my thought. Just keeping it real. I guess I could have waited to go out, but we needed dog food and some other items (Hubby had a long list of items he needed to get for his upcoming esophagus surgery--which the prep seems similar to a colonoscopy). So, yeah, we ventured out in the nasty weather. Should have / could have known better.  ---I did sit there all last evening and watched way too many Midsomer Murder episodes and a delightful movie called Miss Willoughby and the Haunted Bookshop. I think the lazy's hit. Bigly. LOL

Well, that is all I have for this Monday morning. Wishing you a lovely day.


16 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time off! Stay in, stay warm, and enjoy your time at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was happy to see your comment on my blog! That is cold for Florida! We are headed to Central Florida next month for a memorial service and I am hoping it's warmer than Pennsylvania!

    I love Midsomer Murders and a lot of British detective shows. I'll have to check out that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have the day off. I'm still in my PJ's - being a bum and looking out at the never ending snow. We had 10 inches by 11 last night and it isn't supposed to stop until tomorrow morning. Good day to stay inside! (But I'm going to get dressed now)
    We loved Midsomer Murders. I'm going to have to check on that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we heard about your storm that hit the panhandle! Crazy weather!
    We've seen all the MM's...love that show.
    Stay warm over there!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my friend, I can sure sympathize with you about the cold! Supposed to be in the teens tonight. 29 degrees in your area is unheard of!! I saw a photo of the snow at Destin yesterday. I'm tired of the cold. (trying hard not to go into a full blown complaint!)
    I enjoy those British detective shows. I've watched some of Midsomer Murders, mostly with the previous lead. Father Brown is another good one. I have the whole set of Poirot by David Suchet on DVD as well as Miss Marple with Joan Hickson. Good stories and period pieces as well. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you got the day off and don't have to get out in the cold. We have had little to no rain or snow here in Missouri. We are going to be in trouble come summer time. Drought like conditions. I'll keep hubby in my prayers for his procedure to go well. I too have a much "calmer" makeup routine! LOL! Some times the lazys is good! :) Hope you enjoy your day off at home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've watched The Haunted Bookshop too. It was a fun story.
    No snow or flurries here. ❄️ Most of it was to the West and South of us and I'm glad. The heavy frost was enough. Brrr!
    We keep plenty of Half 'N Half on hand for our coffee. Steve even likes the heavy cream one in his. I gave up those creamers because of all the dangerous chem's in 'em. I've done enough damage to my body without adding to it. 🤪
    So sorry Dave has to go through two surgeries. Bless his heart. May all go well and he be healed soon. I know you'll give him lots of TLC. Sending prayers for healing my friends.
    Love to ya both. 💖 Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gurl, I'd have been right there beside you in front of the fireplace. Wet or dry, they just draw me in ... like a moth, lol. Those jugs sure look intriguing; please let us know how you decide to transform them. Okay?
    It was 26* when I had the pups out this morning, but thankfully the sun's shining. I hope it makes it's way your direction before you have to go out. Bundle up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 29* in Florida, WoW. We're expecting something this weekend, chances of snow is moderate, whatever that means. I can visualize you standing in front of Momma's fireplace, I'm sure it touched her heart. Enjoy your day off and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 29* in Florida, WoW. We have moderate snow chances this weekend, but I doubt we'll see snow. I can visualize you standing in front of your Momma's fireplace, getting warm and toasty. Enjoy your day off and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have neighbors heading to Key West tomorrow, returning this weekend.I asked them to drag some warm weather with them on their return. But the TV weatherman says we may get up to 80* by then, so in that department, things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy you were able to go stand in front of your Mama's fireplace and soak in the warmth...and that she is also warming up more to you and thinking about you with saving things she thinks you'd like and that will look nice in your home. That's a real blessing!!! It was worth going out in the cold nasty weather to spend that time together, I think. I will be praying for Dave's surgery (what day?) and when does he see the retina specialist? Praying about that too. He has a lot going on. Will you be able to take off to be with him? I'm sure you will. Glad you had today off to just relax. Your body and mind needed that!!! Your outfit for the day sounds wonderful!! Glad they are tearing down the old abandoned trailers, and hopefully hauling away all the debris. There's a lot of that kind of stuff up here out in the woods. And some become places for meth labs, etc., so they definitely need to be removed. Glad you got some action!!!! Keep us posted about Dave, etc. We will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's cold here in Oklahoma, too, but so far no snow...or ice, which is usually what we get. It is supposed to be down right frigid next week, though, so something will definitely freeze.

    Grace & Peace

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you had the day off. We definitely enjoyed the extra day of sleeping in just a little bit more. Yay for stuff! My mama is always sending me home with a bag of stuff. She sent me home with three sweatshirts today! LOL! But, I love it! Hope hubby is doing ok and y'all are staying warm!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think there is a new season out of Midsomer. I've watched them all, but need to see if there are some new episodes. The Miss Willoughhby movie sounds cute. Staying warm here, too. I missed the cold rains while I was in Georgia, I think. Now I have a cold. Humbug! Have a good week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)