Sunday, January 4, 2026

Currently...

 Good morning. Joining in on the Currently meme. Yes, it was time for me to change the background here...the pink was just too much. LOL


...It is a bit humid, even though the temperature is 60* with 95% humidity and 58* dewpoint and cloudy. It rained like crazy last night, finally. The house says 80, hubby has since put the ac on. Yep, in January.

...I haven't watched anything yet this morning. Yesterday we watched a variety of different things; Home Reimagined, House Hunters, the news, a movie Nobody 2. It was a very lazy daisy day.

...not wanting to go back to work tomorrow. LOL

...getting ready to read

...listening to hubby in the kitchen.

...made some more Amazon purchases with some gift cards I had; 2026 calendar, a Pandora Darth Vadar charm for my bracelet (only because I am telling you, I swear I heard my son😁), some charm stoppers (that go in between the charms), hubby wanted a fire pit ring for the fire pit.

**keeping an eye on some Sketchers--they are supposed to go on sale soon.

...thinking of keeping the kitchen cabinets/rehabbing them. Hubby said the bottom ones are in good shape, not the 3 uppers. We are not changing the shape of the kitchen, just going updated and moving the sink to under the window and I am hoping to find room for a dishwasher. That is a dream not a necessity.

... I did make sweet cornbread yesterday. Oops I overfilled it, nonetheless, it was good.


...making me smile. When hubby was packing away the Christmas stuff, he found one of the trivets from the Hudson Valley where we use to live all those years ago. He can't remember where he put the other. I have been on the lookout for some Delft tiles, hoping to go French country for the kitchen...again, a dream not a necessity.


Well, that is all I have for this morning. Not much going on here. Wishing you all a beautiful day.

12 comments:

  1. When you are finished with your rain, would you push it my way? Rehabbing cabinets sounds good if they are in good condition. I hope you have a relaxing day, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to send it your way, smiles. I hope you have a beautiful day, Robin.

      Delete
  2. There isn't much going on here, either. It's beginning to warm up and melt the snow (most days in the 40s and 50s this coming week), but still overcast and blah. I had hoped to pack up Christmas and do some cleaning, but I've been sick all weekend and done little other than sleep. Hopefully, I will feel up to going back to work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear Sketchers too! I love them. I don't want to go back to work tomorrow either. Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazon gift cards are the best. We kept our cabinets and just added headboard and paint. Totally changed,the look and feel for the kitchen. It's been over 10 years and they need to be touched up, and I still like them. Your kitchen redo will be fun.

    Praying for a good week ahead! 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that cornbread looks so good! One of these days soon, I'm going to buy myself something cast iron ... and actually use it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda. I hope you are having a good Sunday. I hope you will post pictures of your "new" updated kitchen when you finish it. It's always exciting to change and update the place we live. Sounds like Santa brought you quite a few gift cards, which is always nice. I hope the coming week is a good one for you. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure hope some of that rain graced Pamela's home, too, Linda. Her Still Waters Pond looks so forlorn. Enjoy the remainder of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We got maybe a half inch of rain last night, and cold misty cloudy dreary morning today when we came out of church, I almost froze! The house felt so cold and damp and I was happy the heat came back on!! I can't wait to see what you are going to do with the kitchen cabinets, etc. That sounds like a fun project. New cabinets are SO expensive...if you can rehab some, that would save a bundle. I bet that cornbread was good!!! Looks yummy to me. I hope you have a good week at work. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Amazon. I told someone the other day that I have a personal shopper called Amazon! Most days I get an email telling me they found something I would like. It's dangerous!! LOL Wishing you a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, do you like open shelves for the uppers, instead of cabinets? That would be much cheaper. Either way, how exciting! And I see you enjoy my best friend, Amazon, as well :) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely nothing going on here! LOL! I am back to work today. blah. I hope your kitchen rehab goes nicely! Love to see your charm bracelet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)