Good morning and thank you for your kind comments yesterday. Luckily, I have no classes today as 1. Supplies that we took to the prison library 2 weeks ago (that issue I got in trouble for, sigh) have been sorted and now I have to go pick my supplies up. 2. Then, I have two new inmate aides I have to train. Of course I was told, oh you still can have class, ohhhhh how is that fair? You can cancel other classes. I am standing firm. Sigh, these officers, sigh, still cannot get it together, I exited work a bit after 6 last night. ANYWAYS, moving right along...
1. Would you tell us about a book you particularly enjoyed? I really liked the Harry Potter series. I love to just get lost in a book.
2. Do you have a favorite book series? I like cozy mysteries and stories I can relate to. How about a favorite series when you were a kid? Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys, The Bobbsie Twins and Agatha Christie.
3. Is there a book that you just did not like or one in which you just could get interested? Sure, just can't remember them.
4. Is there an author whose books you don't want to miss or one whose books you avoid? I love books by Laura Childs, and many other authors. I avoid the Cross series by James Patterson; I cannot get into it.
Thanks for joining in!
So, my husband had our neighbor come by yesterday as he has a cabinet business etc... anyways, we have decided to go ahead and take out the U shap and go with a galley style kitchen.
![]() |
| present kitchen |
54.jpg)

I read Nancy Drew and The Bobbsey Twins too, also the Little House Series.
ReplyDeleteExciting plans for the kitchen!
Sounds like a good plan for the kitchen, Linda. I love to get immersed in a book. Some of my favorites from childhood are the same as yours, but I will add Trixie Belden and Harriet the Spy along with books by Judy Blume, Beverly Cleary and more. I don't think I have read anything by James Patterson. I have read most of Laura Childs.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting that you are getting a new kitchen! looking forward to seeing pictures as you go along! :)
ReplyDeleteI’m excited for you! What woman doesn’t like a new kitchen. One of my “things” is a window over the kitchen sink or it’s a no go for me. The kitchen sink/window is the vocal point of a kitchen.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a good and productive work week! 🙏🏻
I am a bibliophile, Linda. I can't recall a time when I didn't love to read. My favorites are too numerous to list, but two of my beloved authors are C. S. Lewis and Tolkien. Can't wait to see the new kitchen! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteSounds like your kitchen will be in rehab for a while! It will be worth it when it's all done.
ReplyDeleteI read Trixie Belden and the Bobbsey Twins when I was a child. I never did read any Nancy Drew. I really enjoy cozy mysteries as well. Agatha Christie is my favorite - especially Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple. I never could get into Harry Potter.
I hope you get things straightened out at your work soon.
Happy New Year!
I have not read the Harry Potter series but I have come to have a lot of respect for the author when I read her comments on X.com. Brave lady! I can't wait to see your new kitchen. How exciting! I love the fish/lobster signs. Thanks for joining in my friend.
ReplyDeleteI'm staying tuned to see the kitchen update. A new kitchen is very exciting news:))
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the progress that's been made (already!!) with your re-styled kitchen! Just getting the decisions made is a big step!
ReplyDeleteOh, I know you are going to love your new kitchen! Can't wait to see it all. Be sure to have pictures taken before and after and during the makeover. It makes good blog-fodder, as Barbara calls it! I hope things will settle down at work for you. I keep praying for you. I know you are making a difference in the lives of those women...that's why God has you there! Just stay "cool, calm, and collected". Blessings to you my friend.
ReplyDeleteomgosh I LOVE the Alex Cross books.....there were some around covid time that i could NOT get into but then they started getting better again I've read them all in order and yes I started as soon as they came out in 1993 the same year our oldest girl was born. Along Came a Spider. LOVED it and was hooked on Alex's character and family ever since alhtough I'm starting to feel like it's almost time to retire the character.
ReplyDeleteAll 4 of us loved and read every single Harry Potter book and saw every movie. SO good.
I forgot to mention the Bobbsey Twins!!! My sisters and I loved that series!!
Ugh, it sounds like you're having as much fun at work as I am these days. Management that makes stupid choices. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteI never could get into Patterson, either. None of his books, not just the Cross series.
Frankenstein was the one book that no matter how hard I tried I couldn't make myself finish it.
Oooo...a kitchen remodel! I can't wait to see the finished product.
How exciting to be getting a kitchen re-do!! Please keep us posted!! It will be like HGTV on Blogger!! Love it!
ReplyDeleteI love your dark kitchen cabinets! How nice, having something "big" to look forward to!
ReplyDeleteI've never read any of the Harry Potter books but enjoyed the movies. Lucky you having a new kitchen to look forward to :)
ReplyDelete