Saturday, August 2, 2025

Tuesday Meme...

 Good morning from the swamp...and to answer a quick question, we were in a drought. I suppose we still are. It's just so hot and humid, sigh.

Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 kept in memory of her. Let's talk about food this week, shall we? Most people enjoy eating good food after all.

1.What is/are your favorite foods to eat?

I really like a good greasy hamburger. But all in all, I love pizza. A good pizza, not those frozen kinds, those aren't pizza, that is processed food.

2. How often do you cook at home and what kind of meals do you make?  

My husband does most of the cooking during the week because he is retired. Lately, it's been a little weird. The other night he made chicken tenders, white rice and green beans. It was just weird. NOT that I am complaining. I'm just saying. On the weekends we usually cookout, hamburgers, chicken ribs whatever is in the freezer.

3. When you go out to eat what foods do you find yourself ordering most?

A greasy hamburger, lol. Whenever we go to the Metro Diner, I always get their Breakfast hamburger, it has an egg on top with hashbrowns. Oh, so good and fattening. 

4. Can you recommend a restaurant in your area? 

not my photo

 
The Metro Diner in the Villages. Why do you like it? The food is really good, and the atmosphere is really nice.

not my photo-got it off their website

The place is always hopping, full of old folks, and I think, if the place is full of old folks, then it has to be good and reasonably priced, right? What am I saying, I am old. LOL---all in all Ocala and the surrounding towns/cities are full of great places to eat. 

Thanks for joining in!

My husband asked me that very question when I got home yesterday, "What did you do today?"--it is (the question) almost comical really...actually...to be all serious, I work in a prison. Full of really bad people. Yesterday while serving a student a CC (Corrective Consultation for skipping class the day before), she decided to curse me out to Adam and became combative, and I promptly called officers/security/hit my button. They were there in less than 3 minutes; they do not take it to lightly when staff have to call for help. So, they took her out in handcuffs. One of the officers came back in and did his wellness check and made sure I was ok. I'm fine. So, I already wrote the DR (Disciplinary Report) and by Tuesday she will be put in lock. I'm done playing...actually, let's not even get playing. So, yeah...I survived. And every day when I exit the facility, I thank the good Lord for keeping me somewhat safe and returning to the husband/home. It ain't no joke working in a prison. Just saying.


HA! So true. 
Wishing you all a beautiful day. 
It is pool time, it looks like it will rain around noon or so. I will get caught up with your posts then. It is already 84* at 7:15 am.

11 comments:

  1. Your Metro Diner sounds like a wonderful place to eat. Sorry you had to deal with a combative inmate, Linda. Enjoy your pool time and maybe a good burger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Metro Diner, too! I haven't had anything there that hasn't been very good and thr prices are some of the best for really good food. A favorite of mine, too! Have a good weekend, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Metro Diner sounds wonderful! I don't know how you cope with that job, Linda. You're one tough woman. Have a relaxing weekend in the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try the Metro Diner! I work too hard to be poor too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your weather prediction looks to be true. It's 12:26pm here on my side of town and we're listening to thunder under cloudy skies. Most welcome, of course.

    And like you, yes, I enjoy a greasy hamburger. We keep Culver's in business for both their burgers and their ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The good restaurants around here are outrageously priced. We haven’t seen any drop in food prices but the husband says it’s because of our high gas prices drives food prices up. We do try and support the local restaurants.

    I’m with you on pizza. There is a huge difference in frozen pizza and homemade. My husband does pizza once a week and it’s so good. Easy to make your own dough or buy a good pre-made dough. Ordering pizza at our favorite place is a $40 pizza for one large. I do miss it and just mentioning it makes me want to get one. I couldn’t afford to feed pizza to my little boys with those prices. We always ordered 2 extra large.

    I had a neighbor who was a deputy sheriff who worked at the county jail. Very stressful on his family as well. They must give you all extra mental health days so you can relax. You have tough skin Linda. It’s a job not many could do.
    I may not live in Florida but I thank you for stepping up to the plate and doing what is necessary. God bless you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a good greasy burger is one of life's best gifts. Even better with that ooey-gooey egg atop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda. I think you are incredibly strong and resilient, for all the things you have had to overcome in your life, including working in a prison. I am glad that you have backup when your "students" are difficult. In the public schools, backup sometimes is non-existent. I would like to try that place in The Villages. Their breakfast burger sounds downright deliciously decadent! Have a good Sunday. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda, I am glad security got there quickly! That hamburger sounds great! Have a happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes, I'm glad you had help right away, although 3 minutes could be way too long, if you ask me! They should be stationed right outside your classroom all the time! That's just not acceptable!! And re: the Metro Diner being full of old folks...yeah, well, it's in The Villages! what else would there be??? LOL. You asked me about Captain D's on my post. It is in Palatka. It's fairly new. We've only been there 2x, and we've enjoyed it. See? I told you you should've bought that house next door to us! Then you'd be closer to the Captain D's! LOL. But it's too late now, it's sold, and the guy has already built a fence for a dog (I assume, I haven't seen one yet...could be for goats...who knows?) and added a shed, but he hasn't moved in the house yet. Anyway...that chicken fingers, rice and green beans sounds like a meal I'd cook. It's too hot to cook outside! LOL. We actually had fried pork cutlets with milk gravy, white rice and green beans last night! It was great! I hope you have a peaceful and restful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! You're cracking me up! I so relate to just surviving! :) Hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)