Thursday, August 28, 2025

Hodgepodge on a Thursday

 Good morning, another hot one. Thank you for the kind comments on yesterday's post, yes the ac is fixed and it was under warranty, thankfully. Joining in on the Hodgepodge.

1. When someone finds out what you do or where you're from, what's a question they always ask? 

You work where? Why? Those are always the two questions. But to be honest, I really don't talk about it or offer up first where I work. 

2. Did you participate in 'Greek Life' when you were in college, or have children who did? If so, what was your experience like? Nope Taking another tack...have you ever been to Greece? 


Nope, does Tarpon Springs, FL count? If not, is that a destination on your bucket list? Yes

3. Do you like Greek food? Yes, If so what's your favorite dish?  Souvlaki, Spanakopita, Baklava 

4. What incredibly common thing have you never done? Common thing? A tattoo, I don't have any nor do I want any.

5. What is a telltale sign that you're upset? 

Folks say I have my mother's look, lol. I wear my feelings, so really, you will know.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Speaking of feelings, there are some inmates who think they are entitled and think they can boss you around etc. Yeah, try that with me and see where it gets you. One would think they would learn by now. I guess they haven't figured out that I do indeed have eyes in the back of my head and have hearing like a bat. Just saying, LOL.


P.S. Apologies I am running behind in catching up with your blogs.

10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your responses to the Hodge Podge questions. I am giggling a little over your last section about being entitled and bossing you around. My former students would try and would find out how that worked for them. Some took longer to figure out I was in charge and what I said were consequences were indeed the consequences and I didn't back down/off. I know you are looking forward to your day off tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I'm so behind with blog visiting as well!
    I would think that if someone knew where you worked there would be a lot of questions. Yours isn't a job I'd want but I'd be curious.
    I've been to Tarpon Springs many times and I'd say baklava would be my choice of a Greek food. I've never heard of "Greek Life."
    I'm not sure what the tell tale sign is that I'm upset but I wear my emotions on my sleeve so it would probably be my facial expression.
    Glad to hear your air conditioning is working again and still under warranty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No tattoos for me either! I'm not into Greek food, but I would like to see some of the ancient buildings there. Not going to happen though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m running behind too! Eyes in the back of your head - you pretty much have to when you work in a prison. 👀

    ReplyDelete
  5. People always ask me if it's sad working where I work and I always tell it's more of a joy than anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No apologies necessary, Linda. I don't know how you manage to blog and work at a crazy job at the same time. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hearing like a bat? LOLOL, I want to borrow that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm almost always late in getting around to visit the other Hodgepodgers, so I'm honored to leave the first comment here! ;-)
    I don't have tattoos either, but I've always wanted to get one. At my age, it's doubtful that I ever will though.
    Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I work in a church and just yesterday one of the pastors and I were talking about the "sense of entitlement." It is interesting that same mentality is carried over into the prison system.
    I don't have a tattoo either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to Tarpon Springs. Do they have a large Greek community? Sadly I think a sense of entitlement is prevalent in a lot of places these day. Obviously I'm slow in getting around to read blogs this week too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)