Wednesday, August 20, 2025

Hodgepodge...

 Good morning...no need to say from the swampy, we all know it's true LOL.


1. What's worth standing in line for? 

hmm...maybe the movie theatre. I am not much of a line person...my patience is one of a knat. LOL--I will say, it's worth waiting for the guy who cuts my hair. So, I can guess I can count that. LOL

2. Tell us about a favorite food related memory. 


When we moved to Hudson, NY all those years ago and went over to Stockbridge, MA every Thanksgiving to the Red Lion Inn. They served a 10-course meal. It has been over 30 yrs now since we have been back. Hubby and I were discussing this, and we both think we should make plans for next Thanksgiving to fly up to Boston and rent a car.

3. What are some things you find particularly peaceful or calming?

Floating away in the pool, walks in the woods (not here in Florida though, LOL), the ocean etc.

4. Is there something you do now that gets you just as excited as it did when you were a child?

Sigh...no, not much...probably the ocean...it used to be the holidays, but since our son is gone now...sigh. 

5. To what degree are you in touch with friends from grade school? None  High school? FB, that is it--I have 2 I speak too. College if you attended college? I have one, she was my mentee, and she is a young mom of two now, smiles.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 


Thankfully, no storms yesterday. And sadly, I did not win the lottery either, LOL. So, yeah, still here, living the dream working a 40 hr week job, slaving away, LOL.

Have a great day all!

p.s. yikes, this post was sort of depressing, LOL.

15 comments:

  1. That Inn looks so cozy and like a fun spot for Thanksgiving dinner. I hope you make it happen. Have a great day and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! I cannot imagine sitting down for a ten-course meal. Wowwwwwwwwwww!!!!! I’m sure the portions are tiny, but that makes for a longgggggg dinner! I can stand in line for hours, but sitting at a table for over an hour? Yeah, no. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a trip to Boston would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our first date was at the Red Lion Inn!!! We've only been back twice in 35 years hahah but Man do we go to Stockbridge ALL THE TIME. I love all the shops there and there's a fantastic restaurant on one of the side streets. I can get you there but for hte life of me can't remember it. It's less pricey than Red Lion Inn. One time we had a gift certificate to spend Valentine's Weekend at the Inn. Oh my. We were so spoiled!! My mom came and took care of the girls so we could go. We only live about 1 hour west of Stockbridge. sometimes less...depends on that Mass Pike traffic.

    LOVED your answers. You always make me smile. Stay safe down there!! We keep seeing news of that hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A trip to Boston sounds so nice....I think you all should do it! Floating in the pool is always super nice and so relaxing... Happy Hodgepodge Day Linda..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no patience for standing in lines either.
    The Thanksgiving meal sounds wonderful, you should make plans to go back.
    hahaha! We didn't win the lottery this week either, it's so unfair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankful you had no storms yesterday, Linda. Have a peaceful day on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not depressing, Linda, just that facts. If truth be told, we are all right there with you. I am for sure. I don't get excited about much, anymore, other than getting to spend the very little bit of time with my grandblessings. I mean, at this age I've seen so much and it all is just...well, I am disillusioned with the whole situation! LoL I have no contact with anyone I went to school with...for that matter, I don't have any friends at all. Isn't that sad...after living 62 years, there is nobody I consider a friend. Anyhow, just wanted you to know that you are not alone in these feelings.

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my I have some of the best Thanksgiving memories at this gorgeous hotel that we went to for dinner....for about five or six years. How could I have forgotten about those memories and amazing meals!? Sorry about that missed lottery:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Making plans to observe Thanksgiving in Stockbridge sounds awesome. That's the sort of thing my father used to do. Do you need anyone to come along to carry your luggage? (*grin*)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was intrigued by your mention of the Red Lion Inn's Thanksgiving, so I Googled it and it looks like a delightful place. I don't see a Thanksgiving menu but maybe it's a bit too early, but they serve afternoon tea! I really miss New England. I need to find somewhere quaint that serves Thanksgiving dinner on this coast (Pacific Northwest).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not bored!! Joyce gave us another fun and interesting Hodgepodge. Gosh... flying to Boston for Thanksgiving. I would love to hear more about The Red Lion Inn!! Sending a hug!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that's a great food memory, Linda! I like your idea of flying up to Boston for Thanksgiving to do a repeat. If you do, I hope you'll share here. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

  14. I would love to do Thanksgiving in New England.. would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, y'all take a trip. You deserve a break and do something different. Clears the cobwebs.
    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)