Good morning from a rainy central Florida. No pool time today, oh well, hubby wants to go out and about anyways.
Hello! You are so welcome here at Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.
I hope you are enjoying the questions and the chance to blog about your likes, dislikes and opinions and find out about those of other people. Be sure to visit around. That is part of the fun.
Let's inquire about stuff....
1. What gets your blood to boiling? People who choose to be ignorant and remain that way. Also, liars, no need to lie, but hey, that's on you, not me.
2.What does a really good day look like for you? A good day is when I can pack up the beach stuff and get to the beach. Just sitting there watching the waves and take a nap. LOL
...BTW, the beach stuff stays packed up in the trunk...one just never knows when she needs to escape, that is according to hubby, LOL.
What makes you say, "That was a great day"? Any day when I can walk out of those prison gates and go, "Well, now, thank you Lord for a good day, no CC'S, no DR.'S, no yelling, everything went smoothly." Unfortunately, those are few and far between.
...I will say, any day and every day I walk out of those prison gates and get to go home to a loving husband, a house, dog, cat is a good day.
3. Are you continuing to grow mentally, spiritually, talent wise or are you just marking time? To the latter, I am just marking time, and I really need to get in gear to start the professional licensing needed to keep the job. I have my temporary license...I just really am dragging my feet. New demands are being sent down from Tallahassee it seems every day, and frankly, I am just too tired to care. What was needed for the job when I first started, have changed dramatically. Now it's being talked about that we will go on salary like regular schoolteachers, but we work year around. Yeah, no. (and why do I currently stay? The benefits.)
4. Have you changed your hair style since high school? Yes and no...I once had long thick hair down to my rear and when I had cancer when I was 36 yrs old, it all fell out. My hair has a mind of its own now...always goes to the right and its thin and I keep it at the collarbone now. Sigh, it has taken many years to realize I will never have long beautiful hair again. A coworker just asked me yesterday why I don't like my photo taken and go kicking and screaming when someone wants to take my photo...well, folks, it's just hard to see myself at 58 years old and all my life I have suffered from unresolved self-esteem issues. The coworker, "But your just so lovely and pretty." Thanks...yeah, well, especially these last nearly 4 years with losing our son has a taken a toll. I have been working on myself since then...just keeping it real.
LOLOL...yeah...well...yeah...well, hubby wants to get going, he wants to go down to the new Costco in the Villages, not that we need anything, ok, fine, but then we are going to Marshalls. LOL---oh no, you want to drag me kicking and screaming, we will also to Marshalls, LOL.
Have a great day.


Relax and have a great weekend, Linda. And you're absolutely right about the coffee - LOL!
ReplyDeleteI have hair issues too. I used to have such thick hair, it got thinner with each kid and now I have RA which makes it even thinner.
ReplyDeleteHope you survive Costco and have fun at Marshalls!
Hi Linda, with all you've gone through (are going through!) at the prison I'm wondering why you haven't pursued a job as a public school classroom teacher. While that too is challenging, it seems to me that it would be less so and that the hours (and the 10 month school year) would be easier on you.
ReplyDeleteOh girlfriend, I so relate.!I don’t like my photo taken either. I’m not photogenic at all. I too have self esteem issues with the way I look going back to childhood and as a teen. Plus I’m not aging as gracefully as I think I should.
ReplyDeleteBut you know, it’s the heart that matters most. When I read your posts, I see your heart and it’s passionate and kind and you’re truly a beautiful person. Too bad we live in a world with the superficial. Ugh! It’s hard to see myself at 71, too. I totally get it. 😘
That's a fun graphic about your coffee. Yes, let's each just stick with our own mug.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea to keep that beach bag at the ready! Bug out!
ReplyDeleteHave fun while out shopping ... discovering treasures you didn't know you needed.
a good day at the beach sounds wonderful and if I lived in your area, I would definitely have a big in the trunk ready to hit the beach on the spur of the moment. Lots of changes to come to your job....sounds a bit stressful. Have a wonderful Saturday Linda and enjoy Costco
ReplyDeleteHope you had fun at Costco and Marshalls. We don't have a Costco close to Lakeland. Brandon is the closest, I think, and that's 30-40 miles away. Have a fun weekend and a good week ahead, my friend.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a good outing kicking and screaming, Linda! LOL Did you make any purchases today? Happy Saturday!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are having a nice weekend, Linda. You have a very challenging job. I don't think I could do what you do. Stay strong. God bless. See you again soon!
ReplyDelete#1...absolutely! I am the same way on #4, but I am trying to let myself have my picture taken. I think I look a whole lot worse than other people do. I don't do it very often, but I do try to have my picture taken every so often. Have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Linda, I hope you had a fun Saturday and can get in a day of rest and relaxation before Monday. I can relate to the picture taking thing. I hate seeing myself in pictures. And my hair has changed since my 50's (aka menopause) and the gray is starting to come in. It decides what it wants to look like every day and leaves me very little choice. I recently bought a product that is supposed to help my hair grow. Plus, have you tried the Mary Ruth's multivitamin liquid? It has been known to help hair growth. And I know you're probably tired of people weighing in on your job...but I hope you find a new one soon. You deserve better.
ReplyDelete