Saturday, August 30, 2025

Share 4 Somethings...

 Good morning, the calendar might say August 30th, but it has not cooled down here. Oh, the pool has it says 80* it is usually 90*, but that is probably because of the afternoon showers we have been getting.


Sharing 4 Somethings to end the month...

Something I need to let go...Let it go. Let those old relationships who don't want anything to do with you, just let it go. Case in point, been back to Florida for nearly 4 years now and I still have not met my nephews/my brothers, nor cousins, aunts, uncles etc. Just let it go. My brother's son just turned 15 yesterday, have I ever met him? Nope. They live 5 miles away. I am quite certain they have no idea they have an aunt or uncle.

Somethings I have loved...having a long weekend, tasting new foods, changing out things for the season, although it's still hotter than hades here. That goes for the blog too. Hey, I won $10 on the Mega Millions! Cool beans. LOL

***hubby went to sit on the love seat next to me last night and he goes, "Oh, you sit in a hole, time to get a new couch or pair of chairs." Ok then...lol I guess I can count that as something I loved, new chairs? New couch? Probabilities? LOLOL---the love seat was bought used when we moved into this house--as I had sold our furniture before we moved back here.

Somethings I have learned...time stops for no one. Just when you think you have it figured it out, forget about it, you don't. And it's ok to change one's direction.

Somethings that went well...
I had finished my end of the month reports (attendance and program hours) that are due this coming Tuesday and I turned them in Thursday before I left. I can imagine the bossman rolling his eyes.

I helped hubby set up the canopy in the backyard, close to the pool. Now we can sit in the shade. Sorry, didn't think to take a photo. It's really nothing to write home about or share.


Yep...starting with the bias and hate in the news...turn that nonsense off people, just turn it off. 🧐--and for whatever its worth, PRAYER is important. 

Have a great day all, looks to be a rainy day here, no pool time, hubby wants to go out and about looking at furniture. Rolling eyes...

P.S.
**we haven't seen that house yet, the realtor had to go pickup his son from school yesterday as the schools let out at noon. I know this because my mother said she had to go pick up my brothers' kids, 3 different schools. So, hubby suggested I put her birthday card in the mail (her birthday was Monday). And since I have to make an appointment to see my mother... Let.it.go.

12 comments:

  1. I hope you have a restful weekend, Linda. Have fun furniture shopping. Well done on getting your end of month reports taken care of and turned in! I think letting things go is a work in progress for many of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, yay for furniture shopping! You can hit all the Labor Day sales! And good advice about letting it go...I feel that way about a certain friend who just doesn't respond and never reaches out to me first. Sometimes you just have to decide if it's worth the effort on your part anymore. With family it's a little tougher. Sorry you're going through that. I hope you have a great weekend off and find some great deals on new furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad you live so close to your brother and never get to see him, and the issues with your mom too. Guess it does no good to dwell on it.
    It's really cooled off here, right now it's 51. Hope you get a reprieve from the heat soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Saturday Linda...this saddens me for you that your relationship with your brother is not good. My SIL is the same and it breaks my heart for him. He has a sister that lives only and hour away (all the family that he has) and he just doesn't want a relationship with her and her family. It's nice when our husbands suggest new furniture...go for it and go get you a new comfy chair. Y'all enjoy a wonderful weekend...It is raining here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers are all important as far as I'm concerned. Have a great long weekend, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I would just like to shake some sense into some of your relatives. They just don't know what they are missing. I am so sorry they are so ...not sure what word to use, but they certainly aren't very kind. Praying for God to fix that problem in His time and in His way, which is always the best and most loving way. Oh, did you go look at furniture? Isn't it fun? I was in sticker shock when we went shopping for my recliner, especially after buying one online for quite a bit less, but alas! It wasn't comfortable, so you get what you pay for. Still...buying a new couch is like it used to be trying to buy a new car! LOL. I hope you find what you want and especially whatever is comfortable. I can't wait for you to go see that house. I hope it works out, but if not, it's because God has something even better in store for you, so just trust Him to lead you there in His time. Pictures are always nice, no matter what you may think...we just love to see what you are doing and stuff like that. (Enquiring minds want to know! LOL). Enjoy your nice long weekend. I do wish it would rain, however. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on getting the reports done early. You get a Gold Star. ⭐😂
    Maybe you'll get to view the house before it's sold. Seems like such a good price for the area. If I had the address, I'd look it up on Zillow. I am a nosy parker when it comes to other homes. It's just fun.
    Sorry about the family. My adopted family aren't worth knowing either. We agreed to lose each other's contact numbers. It's so much more peaceful that way. My Church is my family. I chose them. 💞
    Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay that you won $10! That is awesome. I agree, prayer IS important.
    The weather here last week was nice and cool, but it will be back to normal this week. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man plans, God laughs. Thank you for reminding me it's okay to change direction.
    PS - Listen to Dave! (lololol)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda. Congrats on the $10 win in Mega Millions. Hey - it's better than nothing. Sorry about your extended family dysfunction. I hear ya, and believe me, I know what having a dysfunctional family is like! Prayer is very important. Never stop praying. God is in control - even when things happen that we don't understand. I hope you have a good Sunday. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know that must be tough to have family so nearby and not be close to them. But, like you said, sometimes you have to let it go. Well, your $10 win is awesome! Yay! Every little bit counts! Hope y'all had fun furniture shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am always sad about your dysfunctional family and the heartache it brings to you. Yes to just let it go. :( Sending a hug and keep us posted on the new furniture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)