Saturday, August 16, 2025

Currently Saturday...

 

Good morning, Saturday. So glad it is the weekend. 


Currently...

Weather...real feel 78*. Humidity 98% at 8:35 am. Thunderboomers and lightening are expected later today. They have been very intense as of late.

I'm drinking-was coffee. Already finished it.

I'm thankful...another work week behind me. 2,300 some more days until retirement. Come on lottery, LOL.

I'm going to...head out to the pool in a bit. 

I'm listening to...nothing at the moment. I was listening to Skillet-a Christian rock band. Wait, what? you ask. You read that right.

One of my favorite things...


Heading over the bridge to the beach. This one is in St. Augustine. Although I detest bridges, there is just something about smelling and seeing the ocean.

I'm wearing...still sleep attire: green flowered sleep shorts and blue tank. Yes, I know, I am 58 years old and dress like a teenager, get over it. LOL

Keeping in prayer...over work. So yeah...I know the bossman was spoken to, he apologized in his own way. After much reflection on my part, his IQ is way up there (think Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory) he just needs to stop and think before he says anything. Quit trying to fix everything. Yes, I said all that.

A moment from my day...our phones are not allowed in at work, so no photos...but I will tell you, this humidity is just about ready to do me in. I think it's about done all of us in... emotions are running high with everyone. I hit the ground running as soon as I get there and stay running (figuratively) until 5:00 or so when I let them go to chow and I have an 1/2 hr.-45 min. to write reports and lesson plan.

Dinner? More like breakfast, lunch, dinner...hubby surprised me with two 20-inch pizzas last night from our favorite pizza place 484 pizza: one pepperoni and one pepperoni and sausage. I swear, I don't know what he was thinking, LOL. The slices are huge. Anway's, I have mentioned it before its NY style pizza, and it's owned by a Puerto Rican family.

Not ok...listen, I am all for free speech, but I do have my limits,"...since the Orange Hitler..."--that comment was not allowed and put in the Spam folder. It is NOT ok to call someone Hitler, period. This TDS is getting out of hand. I don't agree with everything the man says or does, but calling someone that name, it should be wiped off the face of the Earth. He is no Hitler not ever even remotely. 


Weather 102: Hmm...still keeping an eye on Hurricane Erin and something in the Gulf. The Atlantic and Gulf are way to warm, ripe for storms.

Smiling...


Wishing you all a beautiful day. I really need to get caught up on your blogs.


13 comments:

  1. We could use a bit of rain. Again. I think it will today with the storm scurrying away. The high humidity sure feels like it wants to let go. Anyway, I am rejoicing that Hurricane Erin is heading straight north in the Atlantic. I don't even think New England needs to be concerned. That's wonderful. 🥰
    Hopefully your work situation will remain calm. Pray for peace. God loves to protect His own. As far as the Boss Man being smart: there are those that are educated beyond their intelligence. They can be the stupidest folks around (i.e. no filters or common sense). Yep. I went there. 😁
    TDS is a true mental disorder. 😶 They live in some kind of pathetic, fearful, fantasy world. It's a form of Narcissism. It's been recognized as such by many psycho-analysists. Thank you for putting that in the spam. I think those of that ilk can be banned on your blog too.
    Hope your day was relaxing and sweet. Get lots of beach time!
    Love ya! 💓

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about the TDS. I can't believe the things people say and believe, not to mention the absolute hatred.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed about the word Hitler! Morons say things like that!
    Praying you get cooler temps and SO glad boos apologized!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda. I hope you have a good weekend. I completely agree with you about the people who call our president H*tler. Trump, for all his faults and weirdness, is not that monster, and like you, I think that kind of thing (like calling people who don't agree politically N*zis), is NOT ok. I am counting down the days to retirement too. My work situation has turned very stressful this year as well, and I'm not even at the same school. I hope you have a good weekend and can relax and reset. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL-ing about the "dry heat"! Having suffered almost 17 years in the desert, I can relate. I need to Google that Christian rock band.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When the president gets the Nobel Peace Prize, the TDS crowd will have to change their tune. I think, from what I've seen, Erin is going to stay away from the mainland, That's great news! Enjoy your pool and the weekend, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Regarding the storms lately in our [shared] town, yes, the thunder has been louder here at my house this past week. And a lot of lightening at bedtime. We fall asleep watching the flashes outside our window. Very exciting. Thankful to be indoors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The weather here is the same 100's, just no hurricane and the humidity is doing me in too. I need it to cool down. Enjoy your time at the pool. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The weather here in middle Alabama -- 92 degrees feels like 100 - supposedly only 50% humidity, which is relatively low. It feels more humid - the kind that slaps you in the face! I've spent most of the day inside cleaning house, etc. I should have gone to the neighborhood pool!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems like Erin is staying away. Thank goodness!! The heat is terrible, but Fall is coming! I'm so tired of the news and the TDS. I don't spend much time watching the liberal news, or reading the liberal rag newspapers. Just makes me angry and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a relaxing Saturday, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, apparently I missed the comment about the president (whom I proudly call "our president). They used to call Bush Hitler too. This is what the liberals do. They resort to saying things like this. Imagine if anyone would have gotten on the tv and called Obama names like this. Riot upon riot. Oh, wait...they riot anyway, no matter if they win or lose. They elected a man who couldn't string one sentence together and worked him like a puppet. But they continue to trash Trump and call him names. I'm so sick of the politics in this country. Ashamed is more like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's been my experience that people who are highly intelligent have a severe lack of common sense! The other day I was craving a hot fudge sundae and man, did it hit the spot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)