Sunday, August 17, 2025

Currently...

Good morning. I was putting off doing this past week's memes until today and I then looked at the memes and my brain went blank. Poof...just like that. 

Just keeping it real, folks.

Yeah, ok...moving along. Nothing to see here, LOL. 😉


Weather...ok, it's Florida...hotter than hades, we all know it. At 8:16 am it is 77*and real feel 87*. Cloudy.

The last photo on my phone...

our daily thunderstorms, some look innocent and sometimes the sky is just ominous.

While driving home from work the other evening...I am sure I showed it...it's pretty sad because I don't think to take photos.

Then...hubby wanted ice-cream yesterday. So, we got out of the pool, put on proper clothes (shorts and tanks) and since we needed to put gas in my SUV for the week...off we went.

    Not my photo, because we all know I forgot to take a photo. Got it off their website.

Our favorite, Twistee Treat on State RD 200. He had a Butterscotch milk shake and I had a Caramel Sunday. It was a nice treat.

Watching...I got caught up on my YouTube shows late yesterday:

Primal England (you want a dose of reality, go see Molly the dog and her human Nigel)

The Scottish Isle (want a dose of Scotland and home improvements, go see Scott and Katie)

The American Highlander (want another dose of Scotland, go see Jason)

Irish Homestead (want a dose of home improvement and Ireland, go see that channel)

The Domain Sauvage (want a dose of the French countryside and everyday living, go see Phillipe and Anicia)

Kirsten and Jorge (a lovely German couple in England who travel to B &B'S)

Danu's Irish Herb Garden (want to learn about holistic plants and etc. Go see Terri)

All are receptive to comments etc.

On that note...I am done with Bealtaine Cottage. I cannot come to grips with someone supporting the lies of Hamas. 

Listening...the central ac came on. Other than that, all is quiet.

Thinking...I still have not found a new doctor. Labs and the appointment are coming up next month. And honestly, I just want to be done with being treated like a stupid person. She and I are going to have to have a "Come to Jesus" moment. And I really don't like confrontations.

Celebrating? Nothing in particular. But we did stay in the pool yesterday morning until noon. It was just nice to float away worries. Today, doesn't look we will be able due to overcast and cloudy conditions.

Grateful...for a lazy weekend...no grocery shopping was needed...just putting gas in my SUV for week. Didn't even stop anywhere but the ice-cream drive through and 7-11 for gas.



So, that is about it for here...

15 comments:

  1. Have a good Sunday, Linda! I hope the coming week is a good one for you! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a long love affair with our Twistie Treat. Someday I will tell the story of our time in Lakeland, 36 years ago, waiting for the moving truck to arrive with our things. Now I'm kind of stuck on Culver's hot fudge sundae, with chocolate ice cream. OMGosh! Yes, it it too hot to move outside, but better days are coming!! Hope your week is a good one! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ice cream treats sound so good! Have a restful Sunday and a beautiful week ahead, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a lazy weekend was just what you needed. I hope you can find a new doctor, but it sure is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum on the ice cream outing! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you just need to chill out and not do anything beyond the necessary. A morning floating in the pool sounds good. Ice cream sounds good too, but I don't think it's going to be on my new menu plan at all. I pray you have a good week ahead. I hope things are working out at work. I am behind in my reading posts, so I don't know what happened this past week. I guess I should go back and read and see. Love to you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, I've been done with Bealtaine Cottage for a long time! That old woman would gripe if the world was perfect. She needs Jesus...real bad! Anyhow...I hope your week will be uneventful and beautiful!

    Grace & Peace!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to be lazy now and again. We're supposed to. It's Scriptural (Day of Rest). 😉
    I couldn't support anyone who wants to destroy God's people either. Good call. 💗
    I'm so grateful to have a good Doctor here. It's awful to feel like one's medical person doesn't listen. It's bad medical care. I've moved on from many that treated me that way too. It happens.
    Have a great week my friend! Love to you both. 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  9. two things you can't beat.....the pool and ice cream.. I'm not a huge ice cream eater, but since I had my wisdom teeth taken out a few weeks ago, I've wanted Ice Cream!! Those clouds look pretty dark...Enjoy your week ahead...hope it's an easy one..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always good to visit with you, Linda. I'm glad you are able to enjoy the pool, and then go for an ice cream, a special treat indeed! So nice to enjoy nice relaxing days! I love thunderstorm pictures - the skies are always so amazing! Hoping you get some cooler weather soon! Sunday Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What I'd give for a taste of Dave's butterscotch milkshake!
    Gotta say, Florida and Alabama's summer skies are spellbinding.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A quiet weekend is always the best and ice cream and a pool can top it off nicely. I remember the daily storms when I was staying in Miami at my in laws home for summer. Everyday around 3 or 4 for a couple of minutes, then over as quick as it came. It rained hot water.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda, floating in the pool...eating ice cream...what a great weekend :) You deserve it! And that's quite a line up of YT channels. I did start watching the American Highlander and really enjoyed it so far. I will check out the others as well. I hope you have a great week and are treated kindly. Don't let "Sheldon" abuse you too much this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that sounds heavenly, the floating in the pool and the ice cream. I know you guys get ridiculously humid summer days (I've been in Florida in the summer visiting my late mother-in-law, and the Walmart parking lot in Zephyrhills in July is atrocious.). Having that pool was the best thing you guys have done, in my humble opinion. I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wish I had a pool! I love the water, summer, sun... Ice cream is my favorite treat! I love almost any flavor. I haven't watched much of anything lately. I've been reading a lot. I go in spurts with my reading. I love those weekend when you don't have to do anything. I hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)