Friday, May 1, 2026

A Trump Visit

 Good evening from Florida. This late Friday post is due to the President flying into Ocala this afternoon and flew right over our house on the way to the Villages. Hubby tells me it was something to see; Marine One, an Osprey and several other helicopters. They have been "getting" ready for the last several days and each evening we were treated to a show of helicopters and the military Ospreys. No matter what one thinks or feels, my hubby says it was "cool"--and I agree with him. Sadly, I was not at home as I was trying to get home from work at the time he was flying into the airport at 3. After the President's speech, we waited for the return, and hubby tells me, "Linda, you know they have to alternate the flight plan." That was a bummer, we did hear the helicopters, but they were flying on the other side and in the clouds. 


We were going to try to make it over to the airport, but the news said all surrounding areas / roadways were closed. So, sigh...we didn't get to see Air Force One either. Nonetheless, this was historic. 

P.S. I had to laugh over Congress the other day when King Charles was speaking, for folks who don't want a king, they sure were cheering a real king. 

P.S. It was over 90* today with humidity. We are expecting rain tomorrow--we shall see. If not, we will be in the pool.

P.S. HAPPY MAY!!!

Wishing you all a beautiful evening.

5 comments:

  1. Very cool! Wish you could have seen that flyover too.
    Yes, these no kings people don't really know what a king is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, so cool! I get so nervous when he goes anywhere. Always the loonies out there trying to kill him again and again. Also, yes...those who attend "no kings" cheering for the literal king. You can't make this stuff up. I won't litter your feed with all my thoughts :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Air Force Two landed in Lakeland!! No one got off and there weren't escorts of any kind. I'm sure the airport folks knew what it was about, but I understand it was unexpected. Wow! I did see Air Force One at Tampa's airport one time, years ago. Sorry you missed the excitement!! Have a great weekend, Linda! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that? And Benton and Rose were in Ocala yesterday and didn't even know it! I bet the President flew right over them and they were unaware! LOL. I didn't even know there was an "International Airport" in Ocala! They really have gotten big!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A few years ago, Air Force One, carrying Biden, flew over our house -- truly a jaw-dropping moment. I didn't care so much about the occupancy at the time, but now every time President Trump travels my pulse quickens.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)