First, good morning. It has been a crazy, tiring 2 days around here.
There was no surgery yesterday. Oh, they took him in and la de da, it's not Retinal Detachment, it's a cataract and since he was approved for the Retinal surgery, we now have to get approval for the Cataract. Crazy insurance. However, since late yesterday, we found out it was approved. So, hurray. He has a consultation next Thursday and then hopefully Friday or so, he will have it done. 😁
Hey, look what's missing...the falling down mobile home / drug house that was there on the corner. Beautiful. Anyways, since there was no surgery, we went to an early lunch (since we were close to the Spanish Springs Villages), went to Marshalls (nothing bought), then their Walmart where I did buy some things, Milk, Rose Water spray (for my face), and some other items such as these:
I haven't had these since leaving upstate NY. Oh, and I did buy some Krispy Kreme donuts, which I/we have never seen at Walmart before. And it saddens me to say this, but I did eat two donuts. Sorry, I just had a hankering for donuts😉.
That's all I got for the day. Have a beautiful day all, back to work for me. The hubby said I was driving him nuts. 🤣😁😉



Cataracts are an easy fix, Linda. Glad to hear the good news!
ReplyDeleteomg now i'm craving a krispy kreme (we no longer have one here in Albany NY) and I haven't had a donut since 2023!!! Glad you got to enjoy one.
ReplyDeleteI prayed for your hubby and good to know it's just cataracts. I have the beginnings of cataracts but my opthmalogist says "you must eat a lot of plants, right?" i said yes and i don't eat beef or pork products" he said Because your cataracts are no where near what most people's are in their 60s' so i don't need the surgery for at least 10 yrs which I'm thankful for! A friend of mine said it's super easy surgery and you just need someone to drive you home afterwards.
I hope you all stay warm down there! We are expecting our first major snowstorm for 2026 this weekend although it probably will only be about 6 inches of snow here in the capital region. If it's more i'll be thrilled as i wanna get my snowshoes out!!
Well, I am relieved that it wasn't a retinal detachment, Linda. Happy to hear he was approved for the cataract to be removed though. I have seen those mug treats in a few years. I am going to check Food Lion the next time I go. I hope your day goes well. Happy Friday!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to look for those Betty Crocker mug treats!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that surgery was approved quickly. It has to be a relief to have that drug house gone.
ReplyDeleteHa on Dave sending you back to work!
Well sorry to hear your Hubby has been messed about but glad that he'll get the correct surgery next week. Hope it all goes well.
ReplyDeleteI am SO glad it wasn't a detached retina! That is MUCH worse than a cataract! Cataract surgery is not so bad nowadays, and I'm sure he'll do just fine! Just gotta remember to keep up with the eyedrops afterwards. Glad it ended up being a nice day after all!!! And tomorrow is Saturday, so today is just one of those things you gotta do.
ReplyDeleteTake care and God bless you, and praise the Lord for answered prayer!
I'm glad they figured out it wasn't the detachment before they started the surgery. Goodness! You would think they would catch that during the initial exam. I am not a fan or Krispy Kreme but give me a plain glazed donut and I will eat more than two! LoL I get where your husband is coming from. I am the one who is home all the time and when my husband is off work it drives me insane. Not that he does anything to cause it. It's simply a routine change and that messes with my OCD!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. So glad to hear that your husband did not have a detached retina after all. Prayers that the cataract surgery goes well. I like donuts too - but I haven't had one in ages. I hope that you have a good Friday and restful and relaxing weekend. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteI've had cataract surgery on both eyes, nothing to it!! They were done before I knew they had started. I sure hope the same for Dave. Eat a donut for me, it certainly won't hurt my feelings. lol
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the diagnosis is cataracts and not retinal detachment. I had the cataract surgery in 2024 and it was easy. Praying the same for Dave.
ReplyDeleteAs for donuts, I'll be saying something about that edible delight in a post very soon.
The insurance drama: I'm very familiar with how frustrating that all is. Since 0bama slithered on the scene it's become worse and worse. Really, I don't know why we even bother to have insurance they make it so difficult to do anything and cover very little. Most of the time having it is useless. Like they're trying to kill us. I know you'll be glad when it's all over with. Hopefully the deductibles won't be too bad.
ReplyDeleteSending prayers. Love ya. 💞
Cataracts are much easier than a detached retina, so that's good news. Had both of mine done a few years ago. Prayers being lifted. I've been having a hankering for donuts lately, now that you mention it! I have a Dunkin gift card in my wallet that buzzes (LOL) everytime I touch it. You know those custard-filled ones? OMGosh!
ReplyDelete