Thursday, January 1, 2026

New Year & New Word...

 Happy New Year! Let me recap yesterday morning, the hubby handed me a big bag and in it were these items (minus the comforter as he already bought that a couple of weeks ago)

The drapes are called Orange Heather, and they are quite pretty.


He wanted to match the comforter, so he bought new sheets, new drapes and a bottle of one of my favorite perfumes Clinique Happy. He said, "Orange is the new color." Hmm...ok...so much for my calming beach colors LOL--nonetheless, he did good. P.S. The sheets have pink checks, but I didn't say anything about it, LOL.


Let me think about the 2025 word:


I believe I have failed miserably with both words. JUST KEEPING IT REAL. Self-love? Really? Owning up to bad body image thoughts, and Self-Care? Seriously? Every time I see the doctor she always has something unkind to say or wants to put me on meds for various issues...yeah...so, I failed miserably...I did try...I might not have been perfect with those words, but standing firm on certain things is more like it. So, onwards to a new word and thought:


So, let's see if I can do this one. I have heard this word going over and over in my head for nearly the 2025 year. Not to mention those verses keep entering as well. Do you have a word? 

--Thank you all for your kind comments--

Have a beautiful day.

9 comments:

  1. Linda, I love the verses you shared, especially Isaiah 30:21. We all need to do more praying and listening and less talking. I'm on board with that! And I love that your husband is involved with the decorating :) Happy New Year my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, standing firm on certain things would be a win in my book. I like the verses you shared and the word. I am giggling a bit because while I haven't landed on my word yet, listen and a few others keep circling around in my head. So I am still pondering. What a wonderful bag of goodies you were given! Wishing you health, joy, and peace in this New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen is a great word. I often say that sometimes we just have to be quiet and listen. Calm the heart, clear the head, and open the ears. Maybe that should be my word for the year instead of using last year's word going forward: Mindful. Your Dave did a good job with his decor choices. He's a keeper for sure!! Happy New Year, Linda!! Sending love and a hug your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessed are those who listen to what the Lord is saying to us. We all need to pay attention! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda! Happy New Year! I think your word for the year is perfect! I love the new drapes. sheets and comforter. My husband loves orange and would have chosen the same things. You and your hubby enjoy a relaxing New Year's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our chosen word is something we strive for during the year, if we sometimes fall short, I don't consider it failure, because we were trying and when we try, we grow. Just saying!! Dave did good on his gift!! I think orange is a great new beach color, it's the color of the sun rising and setting over the water. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Listen" is a good word.
    Orange is one of my favorite colors. I like most "Fall" colors anyway.
    As far as meds, too many Doctors are simply drug pushers. I would be careful about that too. Most of the time all we need to do is adjust our diet and/or exercise more. Drugs (except for infections) can't cure only mask a problem or make us temporarily comfortable. Good call there.
    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dave's done good! I think being a careful listener is a gift. Anyone can hear ... but listening's a whole 'nother thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)