Friday, January 16, 2026

Currently Friday...dropping the mic

 Good morning from a very cold 27* central Florida. Yikes, is it cold.


Weather...clear & 27*. That is also the real feel. Under a freeze warning.

Been doing...work. Work. Work. I did mention work, right?

Thinking...yesterday was our "teacher workday" which consisted of a meeting at 8 am --so that is why I didn't post. By the time I got home Wednesday night from work, I ate dinner and went right to bed. Because I had to leave the house by 6:30 to get there on time. Because of security and all...

*So, we now have set curriculum which will be implemented on Feb. 1 and all of us will be teaching the GED complete with book and page numbers. Mind you, I have literacy students/inmates.

* I have for the sake of a mentally sound mind, to switch classroom locations. The one I share an office with is just flipping mad cuckoo for cocoa puffs. It has come to the attention of higher ups that she has been interrupting my class time. She still has not sought help for her depression and grief. So, I might just get my own office after all...who knows. sigh.

*Yesterday's meeting was also about the fact that we do work in a very high-risk job. Seeking help is not a frown upon, as a matter of fact, it is very much highly desirable to seek help etc. as suicide rates are high, are as crimes against officers and educators are at an all-time high. The stuff I personally deal with every day, would make your skin crawl.


Now, I am really going to drop that mic, so to speak.




11 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do what you do, Linda. My hat's off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you say you have literacy students, do you mean they are nonreaders? I hope your new space is good for you. Thinking of you as you go about your day, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get your new work space! and i hope your co worker gets the counsel she clearly needs.

    We saw on the morning news that you guys are as cold down there as we were up here in Albany NY yesterday. We have no snow. I want some snow! It's WINTER.
    But we also heard on the news that your iguanas fall from trees if the temps dip below freezing so watch out for those lizards! :)

    HAPPY WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, don't know how you do it! Hang in there! My goodness it is as cold there as it is here in Missouri! Ugh that stinks. Hopefully it will warm up soon so your kitchen stays on track.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get a new office. You have enough to deal with there, without a crazy person in the office with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I worry about you, my friend. Florida needs teachers!! Prayers lifted for you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes! It's bad enough to be out in the world with the crazies! I can't imagine being "inside" with them! Stay safe Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda. Yes, you do work in a high-risk occupation. At least they let you ask for help when you need it. We have been told to handle things ourselves, so it doesn't make our school stats look bad. Ugh. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honestly, I'm stunned how some of your coworkers made it past the first round of interviews. Until that new office materializes, maybe you can hang a sign, "Silence is Golden"?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you can relax this weekend, but wait! You are having your kitchen remodeled, and I can imagine things are pretty much in a mess there, so cross that off, about relaxing, unless you can go somewhere else and hide while the men do the work. You need time to exhale and decompress and relax. I know your job is stressful. Just driving into that place is stressful! May God continually protect you and keep your safe and surrounded by His angels. I know He is with you all the way.
    And yes, it was COLD this morning. Still going to be cold pretty much for the next several days. I do like a little bit of winter, but right now I'd just prefer rain. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good thing you're tough. Sending prayers for peace and no more coo coo for cocoa puffs moments. Love ya.❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)