Good morning. One bad thing about working these hours this week, is I have to be up by 3, out the door by 5:30 am. Yes, it's nice to get home at a decent hour and in daylight, although yesterday it was dark all day/cloudy and drizzly. This morning at 5 am, it is 42*.
Day 9 brings...
Holiday Specials
Thank you for joining in for Tuesday 4, begun by Toni Taddeo and kept in her memory. Christmas is fast approaching for billions of people...
1. Do you have a favorite Christmas carol and if so, is there a particular version you especially like? The Little Drummer Boy. This one brings tears to my eyes.
2.Do you have a special dinner for the holidays? What foods are included?
No, not really...Christmas Eve has always been pizza...and I have told the story many times. We were in a bad accident Christmas Eve 36 years ago living in Hudson, NY and while waiting for the police etc. the only place open was a mom-and-pop pizza place. We have kept the tradition and always decline invites etc. for other dinners / friends etc.
Christmas Day hubby always requests Lasagna. Last Christmas though, we had Chinese with my parents. However, I did make Lasagna the next day.
3.Holiday movies ... which do you like to watch?
4. What traditions do you continue to keep year after year for the holidays?
See above...although this year we fell behind putting the tree and decorations up...usually it done the day of or after Thanksgiving. All is good. All is done now...usually I make cookies and cakes, but this year, Aldi has a great variety of treats, so I really haven't spent much time baking. Hubby did make Apple Cinnamon Bread the other day, it was really good, and he made homemade bread. He got tired of decorating and decided to spend time in the kitchen...one day, when I am retired, I will do the same.



I enjoyed visiting today. It's a Wonderful Life is a great film, I've not seen it in a while. Apple Cinnamon bread sounds delicious.
ReplyDeleteIf you eat Chinese on Christmas day you are now officially Jewish. I love your pizza story and always think of it on Christmas as I think it's a wonderful tradition... not the accident but that you made it special in spite of that. It is 15Fdegrees here this morning. Totally freezing. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite classic Christmas movie is The Bishop's Wife. We really never got around to forming our own traditions as we would spend Christmas vacation with the in-laws in NY. Now, we spend Christmas Day gathering at my parents. Have a good day, Linda!
ReplyDeleteOh Linda - that is a very early morning! I used to have to start at 6:30, but since my work was 5 minutes away, I got up at 5.
ReplyDeleteWe are thinking of having Lasagna this year for Christmas...
My hubby is retired and I am not . . .so I hear you!! Yesterday my hubby smoked a turkey breast while I was at work and we enjoyed it for dinner and have enough for several more meals. He volunteers at a food bank/outreach center two mornings a week, but he does lots of laundry and empties the dishwasher, etc!
ReplyDelete"Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings." always makes me smile. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteWe are really slow getting our Christmas decorations up this year, too, Linda. It seems we may decide to truly downsize next year. It's all getting to be too much. Lasagna? Yes, Danny will probably make this for Christmas as we have family coming the next day who will truly enjoy it. You have a beautiful day, too!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got all your decorations up. I prefer early, but I know it's hard going in to work at that time. Not sure what our menu is going to be. I'm not really wanting to do the traditional meal...thinking chicken spaghetti and salad this year..
ReplyDeleteTom's thinking prime rib, but honestly I'd rather have Chinese ... or pizza! Thanks for the mention of Aldi; I need to make the drive and check out what they have to offer.
ReplyDeleteChinese on Christmas sounds like the movie "A Christmas Story". Fun, especially glad you did that with your parents. I hope you will be able to see them again on Christmas if possible. We still haven't decided our menu. I have to talk to Rose and see what she wants to do. Yes, someday you will retire and have all the time in the world to bake and decorate, etc., as long as you have the energy to do so. LOL. That's my problem...got time, no energy. Oh well, we don't need all those goodies anyway. LOL.
ReplyDeleteI really like your pizza and Lasagna traditions!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the classic movies! Really, anytime but Christmas especially. Homemade Apple-Cinnamon bread sounds really good!
ReplyDeleteGrace & Peace,
Pam
I have to get up early too, not that early, but 4:45 and out the door at 6:30 or so. Little Drummer Boy is a good one and it is so hard to beat It's A Wonderful Life. I like your tradition of the pizza place. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Apple cinnamon bread sounds so good! Does he make it from scratch? Want to share the recipe? I used to make home made bread when I was first married and that was before there were bread makers. My husband cooks more than I do since we are both retired.
ReplyDeleteIt's great reading how others spend Christmas, especially as I've always had a reasonably traditional experience of it. Have a wonderful Christmas this year :)
ReplyDeleteI bought goodies at Sam's and the cookies are better than Publix. I was pleasantly surprised! Nothing wrong with letting someone else do the baking!!
ReplyDelete