I am writing this late Friday evening. Thank you for the kind comments regarding my job issue(s). I still have no idea what happened (and have someone looking into this--I have 'people' too, just saying.). Nonetheless, I turned in two Incident Reports. One on him/bossman and the other on what I think transpired-which was 2 pages long--happy reading is what I told him. Moving along...to a happier topic. Because I honestly think, the job is stealing my joy, and I don't think no matter what job I have, it's always going to steal the joy. Why? Because the cost of living is way up...and I will leave it at that.
Brings some of my thoughts on this Friday evening...😉
Photos...trying to capture some Christmas spirit.
On the way to work the other morning (5:30 am) and what does my little eye spy? 1. some metal trees and 2. a new coffee shop going up-Eliano's. I think that is the name.
Then, while walking up to the Training Building at work...they had the water feature working. I am quite sure Albert the gator is loving it. Yes, there is a gator that lives in there. And yes. It is quite warm, once again.
The place is nicely decorated for Christmas.
I am glad my coworkers and I didn't have to do much decorating for the luncheon.
hmm...I did not get any of those cookies. I did bring home 2 cupcakes though...and they were good. Since I/we were chewed screamed cursed out right after I took this, I did not take any more photos. There was plenty to eat, sliders from Publix, Chicken Biryani, Mac and cheese, Sweet Potato Casserole, Lasagna and much more. One thing I can say about our department, we eat every month for our meetings.
a big hmm...my husband claims these items accidently fell into the basket at the store.
🙄😁🤣
![]() |
| Box of mix Chocolates, Lindt Chocolates, Snowmen, Chocolate Cranberries, Pralines, Andes |
He thinks every house should have candy in it for the holidays, probably because he never had candy growing up and less than stellar Christmas's. It's really rather sad, truly.
Temps...
it was a balmy 81* when I walked out of work. We actually had to turn the central ac back on in the house. On Dec. 19.
...and lastly, thankful for the Tuesday Meme. Instead of posting the questions, I will just show a photo.
and tell you we will have our friends over on Christmas Day for Lasagna. Christmas Eve will be pizza at our favorite place.
Wishing you all a beautiful day.









Happy Saturday, Linda! I hope your day is filled with relaxing moments, a chocolate or two and staring at your beautiful tree. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a nice peaceful weekend, and eat a little Christmas candy. Dave cracks me up. I'm sorry his Christmas's weren't so great as a child, glad that now he has you - and candy!
ReplyDeleteYour tree is lovely. We'll eat leftovers on Christmas day since Christmas Eve is our big event. Probably go for a drive...just relax and start contemplating taking down all the,decorations. Ugh!
ReplyDeleteI your new header and background is so pretty!! It's Christmas so enjoy that candy that accidentally fell in the buggy and hopefully have a great day!!
ReplyDeleteHello, my friend. You are right. Do not let any of that steal your joy. Or, as my dear Dad used to say, "To Hell With 'Em!" Chocolate and cozy clothes on the couch is what I order. Hugs! P.S. LOVE your tree!!!
ReplyDeleteThat tree is beautiful! Your home is lovely!! And thank you for the beautiful card, btw!! Praying for the situation at work. I realize that probably the bossman has a LOT of stress in his job, but that's no excuse for unloading on unsuspecting employees who are loyally doing their job with very little thanks. Praying the report/letter is received in the right spirit and that healing can begin in the workplace relationship. If not, then I pray for God to find you someplace where you can feel the joy again. Praying for all things to work together for your good. God is in control. And chocolate helps too. LOL. So glad you will have friends at your house for Christmas dinner. That is really nice, and I know it will be special for all of you. Now take a break and just try to relax this weekend. The weather is topsy turvy...hot yesterday, cold today and now warm again this afternoon. Who can figure it out? That's why we have an automatic thermostat that goes from heat to cool automatically depending on the temperature. It's the only way to survive winter in Florida! LOL. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteDanny always makes sure we have candy at our house during the holidays, too, Linda. Your tree is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteYour tree is really beautiful, Linda! Glad you have a house full of sweets and friends coming for Christmas dinner! Hoping the new year brings better times at work! Good golly! Sending love and hugs!
ReplyDeleteYour tree looks so pretty! Dave's comment about the loot 'falling' into the cart cracks me up. I'm guessing Christmas is his favorite holiday?
ReplyDeleteThank you for the LOVELY card my friend! You're always so thoughtful.
ReplyDeleteSomething else happened at work? I missed it. Sorry to hear there were "words". Guess I'd better back up and read about it.
It's warmed up a bit here too but it's still 35* in the morning. Brrrr! Hurray for A/C though, right?!
Love to you both! xx
Of course, there simply must be candy at Christmas! There is some hidden away in my house...one must hide the candy or someone will think they can have some and eat it! That will get a lump of coal in HIS stocking! LoL
ReplyDeleteDo Not Let Anyone Steal Your Christmas Joy!!! I say this from experience.
Grace & Peace,
Pam
Hi Linda. I got your Christmas card yesterday. It's a really beautiful card! I love it! I am glad that you are feeling a little better and more in the Christmas spirit. Sounds like you have a nice Christmas Eve and Christmas Day planned. Take care. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteLinda, I'm just now catching up on what happened and you are working in a hostile environment (and I'm not talking about the inmates). That is called abuse. Do not let another person talk to you that way. Especially that immature pig of a boss you have. This may sound ridiculous but I've been listening to the Chrisleys and hearing Todd talk about the staff at these prisons is so infuriating. Most of them are this way (the same as your boss). Either go way above his head or quit. But when you write and send a letter, be prepared to have a bigger target on your back. The schools are always looking for teachers. Life is too short to work for a jerk. And you've definitely got one of the biggest for a boss.
ReplyDeleteI agree, most jobs will rob you of your joy. What little I have this time of year is zapped as soon as I walk into work. LOL! But, life goes on and I must work because like you said, the cost of living is so high! We cannot afford for me to retire early. Love your Christmas tree and your holiday plans!
ReplyDelete