December 24? Christmas Eve? Already? Christmas Eve brings a Daybook, of sorts.
Weather-it's clear and 52* at nearly 7 am.
Looking out the window-well, the drapes are still closed here in the 3rd bedroom.
I just went and refreshed my coffee and it's still dark out.
Feeling-better. Just not 100%.
This morning-well, last night, I got the sauce made for the lasagna and I just took it out of the fridge and going to warm it up so can put it all together for tomorrow.
Yesterday--besides getting the sauce ready, I did absolutely nothing. I we actually spent the whole day and evening watching various movies: Oh, What Fun, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, Red Zone, Candy Cane Lane and some other TV shows.
From the phone/camera-
![]() |
| the latest James Patterson book about Marylin Monroe, a commemorative 250-year Marine Corp coin and ornament, a new USA and Marine Corp flag and a Charlie Kirk Freedom t shirt. |
I did get presents wrapped. It might not look like much, but it's just the two of us.
and then I went to fill his stocking and look--my stocking is filled. Say what? I might had said a bad word like h-e hockey sticks.
Then-around 7 or so got a call from my mom and I had time to roll that conversation around in my head and have come to the conclusion that once again, it was a polite way of telling me us to stay away as my brothers and their families are coming for Christmas Eve and staying until Saturday. I did invite them to meet up with us to see the lights downtown and have dessert somewhere. She declined. All that talk my brother did a few weeks ago...just talk people, just talk.
Neighborly-our neighbors Bo and Greg, the brothers who live across the street, came by and asked if I was alright as they haven't seen my truck move in a couple of days. That was nice of them. They gave us a Christmas card and bag of treats for Ms. Lilybelle...sure, go ahead and feed her, friends for life. LOL-trader. LOL
Doing today-heading out for our annual Christmas Eve late lunch of pizza and then head over to downtown to look at the lights. I think hubby mentioned something about Publix this morning; he forgot to get salad for the lasagna tomorrow.
Last thought- thinking- we sure have had some lean and rough Christmas's throughout the years. But somehow, the magic always prevailed. I was thinking all this yesterday while watching the Christmas movies...even though we constantly tell each other no presents, and such, somehow there is always something under the tree. 🎄🎁
wishing you all a beautiful day.




It was 50 here at 7 AM. Go figure! They are saying 60s today and sprinkles with 60 on Christmas Day. The husband has had my stocking hung since the 16th. Me, I still have to put his together. Your lasagna meal sounds like it will be tasty and filling. Enjoy your outing of seeing the lights. I am sorry your family is playing games again, Linda. Thinking of you and wishing you both a very Merry Christmas Eve and Day.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, Linda! By the way, where did you order the Charlie Kirk freedom shirt? I'd love to get one for Danny. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed your daybook! I hope you and your hubby have a wonderful Christmas!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas! Love. 🎅🏻🎁🎄
ReplyDeleteYes, we tell each other "no presents", too, but I still packed a gift sack FULL of things, and he's put 2 nice-sized gifts for me under the tree....
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry things with your family are not ideal. I can say the same, as can so many others (more than I ever thought). When it comes down to it, we live for Jesus and treat people as well as we can and let the stuff fall where it will.
Merry Christmas. That lasagna sounds good!!!
We did the Publix run earlier for egg nog (me) and baked wings for lunch. Undercooked, go figure. Still, there's a frozen pizza waiting in the wings and an adult beverage (or two). No packages under the tree this year, but I'm trying to focus on other things/blessings. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are feeling better and were able to get out and about a bit. Wishing you and Dave a very happy Christmas and many blessings in the new year! xo
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. Sounds like you have nice neighbors. It's just Josh, Charly, and I here for Christmas this year, although we did get to see our daughter Tiffany and her family several times in the past month, so that has been nice. Also, our grandson came for dinner last night. Yes, we have also had some lean Christmases over the years, but, like you, there was always a little something fun for everyone under the tree. I hope that you two enjoy the day! P.S. I asked my husband last night where he wants to take our first road trip when I retire, and he said, Ocala, Florida so he can meet Linda and Dave. I think he is serious! That would be fun. I have some wonderful blogging friends and it would be fun to meet everyone!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful decorations, looks like a great place to live. Difficult relatives are probably more common than not, most of my husband's huge clan are varying degrees of "shitheads"
ReplyDelete