Thursday, December 18, 2025

Day 18...

 Good morning. Not as cold as it has been.


Brings...not much to report on. Let's see...I'll just answer a question...so, we are my mother in-laws' power of attorney and court appointed guardians. They bought their house 10 years ago through a private person and have been paying on it. When we became the court appointed guardians, we also become the overseers of the note. Hence, we don't have any answers on where everything stands right now. Who's in charge on the other side with "Fred" passing? Don't know. We shall see...I hope it works itself out by Jan. 1 before the mortgage payment is due--as it automatically goes into "Fred's" bank account. I really don't have answers...


I have been humming that song for the past week or so. As for work, I really don't know what's going on...this new teacher has been here for a week and yet, she has not set foot in the classroom. I was supposed to go back to my class and regular hours yesterday--have I? Nope. Oh, she is here, but not in the classroom. She and the bossman did visit yesterday and after they left, the room erupted with not pleasant things...sigh...so...yeah...today is a Professional Development Day, no classes and then our Christmas luncheon is at noon. Get to sit for 4-6 hours then head to lunch and then home. I was told yesterday that the powers that be are not happy how we-the teachers are teaching math. So, I am pretty sure that is on the menu for today--for the Professional Development Day.

In the meantime,


lolol...ok, so I will continue to silently hum that Christmas tune and keep my big mouth shut today and be that good little girl:


Have a beautiful day.

12 comments:

  1. I hope you get answers soon on that home mortgage! Your job seems to always have something crazy going on.
    I love that Grinch meme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the Professional Development Day goes okay. Have the powers that be ever taught math? Probably not! I hope your luncheon is enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopped int to wish you a Merry Christmas. I hope things workout with your MIL house. Praying for you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember hating those professional development days when I taught, too. What a waste of time! At least you get a holiday lunch, Linda. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No white Christmas in my part of Texas, but like the song says, you can dream. Hope everything works out to your benefit on MIL house, has to be hard trying to tend to business from afar. After it's all said and done, hope the Christmas luncheon is fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your life never seems free of complications Linda. Hopefully "Fred" has a will and an executor and things will become clearer in time. Hope the work situation improves too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That meme is soooo me! I hope the Professional Development class wasn't as dreadful as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda. I'm not a big fan of professional development training. Most of it is worthless. I hope you get some good ideas on teaching math, and that your work Christmas luncheon has some tasty treats. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully the work situation will work itself out soon. I hope the luncheon was at least ok!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two thoughts...stop the auto draft on the mortgage payment until you get more info. Second - I had to chuckle at the prison system caring about how you teach math. They don't care how old the food is, the plumbing, the medical care or basically anything else, but they care about math? Sounds like another reason for them to complain about everyone but themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the info regarding your mother in law's house. Praying all goes well once the estate is settled, etc. and that there are no surprises there. I just read your Friday post first, and I will go back there and leave a comment. Seems like there's some people in higher places who need some "professional development" for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being the guardian of anyone is such a responsibility. I hope you get some answers soon. I also hope you get some answers at work. Nothing like added stress to more stress. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)