A good Tuesday morning to you all. I hope this post finds each of you in great spirits. Since I don't take to many photos, thought I would share the photos I did happen to take yesterday sitting in traffic. The storm we got yesterday late afternoon-early evening was something else. The cloud to ground lightening was something else.
While waiting at the time clock, I was trying to figure out how to get to the Front Support without getting hit by lightning and thought for sure I would have to stay awhile. There was a bit of a lull, so I made a run for it, bad mistake...the stupid girl officer would not let me in (we have to go through Front Support to get out of the compound). She looked straight at me and turned around. Finally, she let me in, it took a lot of banging on the window etc. Then she had the nerve to yell at me about banging on the window. I might had called her stupid, and didn't she see the lightening? My words meant nothing to her. Anyways, made a mad dash to the car and no sooner I got in, it started pouring.
Above on Old Gainesville Road, a couple miles from work. Heading home. Road already flooding.
Sitting in traffic on south 441/301. Don't worry about the yellow light in my car, I had turned the turbo on.
Man was it ever dark, the photo really doesn't catch it, but trust me, it was dark. You can see all the water/flooding. At one point, near the Courthouse, the water reached the top of my tires.
South 441-301 the rain was so heavy, and the roads were flooded. The radio said 2-3 inches had already fallen. But that is Ocala, well, pretty much all of Florida, we do pretty much sit at sea level, even central Florida. You can see how much rain was falling, the sky was something else. Sadly, I couldn't capture the lightening.
That storm had come out of the Gulf. Not the Atlantic, however, while waiting to clock out, I was watching the news in the staff canteen and high tide was being shown from Daytona, the storm out in the Atlantic is pretty powerful, high tide had pushed the water all the way up to the storm wall and waves were something else. Ok, that's all I got, LOL.
Wishing you all beautiful day.






Wow! I am glad you got home safely, Linda. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteRip tides are causing troubles in NC already, from Erin. We didn't have heavy rain here in Lakeland, yesterday, but the lightning has been something else. I should have bought those wooden shoes when I was in Holland, MI, last month!! At lease I would be grounded if lightning hit me or something nearby. Stay safe, Linda!!
ReplyDeleteWow - crazy weather! I thought of you and some other Florida friends while listening to the reports on high waves and storms predicted because of the hurricane. Hope it doesn't cause too many issues for you.
ReplyDeleteBooHiss to the lady who wouldn't open the door. I hate storms, why can't it just rain and not blow and flood and lightening . . .
ReplyDeleteScary time on the flooded road, Linda! So glad you finally made it home safely. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteWhew! Glad you made it home safely!! We didn't get one drop of rain from that storm! We heard thunder in the distance and saw the black skies south of us, but nothing here! And no rain in sight today either, and it sure is hot and dry! I need to go out and water some things but it is just too hot right now. Maybe after supper. And that officer being a jerk is a shame. Some people don't know how to handle their little bit of "power". Praying for you all the time. Take care my friend.
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it home safely yesterday!
ReplyDeleteSounds like quite the storm. We don't have our storms until the winter, so we've been storm-free since April. I always look forward to the first real storm.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. Wow, that was quite a storm. I'm glad that you were safe, and I hope that Florida isn't impacted by the new Cat. 5 storm - Erin is the name of it, I think. Keep us posted on what is going on with you. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteThank God you're okay! Water is one thing, but lightening's a whole 'nother terrifying topic.
ReplyDeleteYelling and window banging isn't persuasive with most folks. Next time just wave a $10 or $20 bill in front of her and she'll let you right in.
ReplyDeleteWe do have some doozy storms here in the Southeast, don't we?! My goodness. Glad you made it back home all safe and sound.
ReplyDeleteSome people forget they are only employees also and get all power hungry with their Little Pathetic Kingdom at work. Just sayin' ...
Love ya.