Wednesday, August 13, 2025

Sigh...

 Good morning...under another heat advisory today. Not much to discuss...

decided to take a photo while sitting in traffic coming home from work yesterday.

Every.single.day...we have been getting these awesome storms. The storms have been something else. The other evening, the storm was so intense, the rain was going every which way. Last night, lightening hit the carport. Made us jump. Now, that is a sound I will always remember, LOL.


Then, we have little ole Tropical Storm Erin. No one knows where she is going. There is a high prediction she will enter the Gulf of America and slam us from the west side near Tampa or the Big Bend area, Tis the season.


Yikes, I am truly southern because I use those sayings everyday. Thank you all for the kind comments you leave and just to FYI, I am under no illusions who really runs the asylum. 😉

Have a great day, I hope to get got up soon on your blogs.

15 comments:

  1. That graphic with the saying is something I would have hung in my classroom. I saw that something was churning out in the water, but out of the loop that it was upgraded to TS Erin. Be safe, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazy hot and humid here today too but we're praying for a good thunderstorm. We need rain badly here in eastern NYS.

    I'm thankful I have a central air conditioned house!! and live near lots of fresh water lakes to cool off.

    Happy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Try to stay safe! Those booms scare the wits out of you!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a good weather report for Ocala! We finally got some rain yesterday.
    Love those Southern sayings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. praying that Erin will "peter out"... LOL! Stay cool my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I only recognized two of those Southern sayings (coming out of my mouth). Must up my game to qualify for a Southern card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Southern sayings, Linda! I would have jumped a mile to had lightning hit that close to me. Stay safe in those storms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been keeping an eye on Erin, sure hope she continues to turn north. Have I ever said how much I hate hurricanes? {{sigh}} Have a great day, find an a/c and stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I’m not southern but my dad and grandma were so I picked up a few through my lifetime. Oh my heavens, TY kindly, Lord have mercy, oh my stars, heavens to Betsy and hold your horses.
    Funny story. When I was a nanny to a family from Sweden, I taught the 3 children English as they only spoke only Swedish in the home so they picked up a few of those terms, much to their grandparents chagrin.


    ReplyDelete
  10. Fingers crossed that TS Erin stays in the Atlantic and doesn't make landfall. Sending a hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are experiencing the most wonderful strong storm right now now. All the thunder seems to be just above our front yard! So thankful to be safe inside, watching it all. Praying for the safety of those who are caught out in it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a good week, Linda. Sending virtual hugs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. TS Erin is already turning North. *whew* Hope that continues.
    We've been getting lots of lovely rain. Our property is looking like the Emerald Isles. Love it! I could do without the lightning though. 🥹 Had one strike right across the road from us in the woods last night. Made us jump too! Goodness.
    Hope you had a great day with no drama at work or from The Family. Life is too short to put up with others silly buggers. 😉
    Love. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Linda, I hope things are better at work. I hear there is a hurricane heading your way. I hope all will go well. I sure wish we could get some rain. Have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)