Friday, August 1, 2025

Hello August...

 


Already. Where has the year gone? If you are wondering, there is not much anything that can be done regarding the ac situation at work. The whole compound is suffering (and yes, the dorms and cells have ac, not across the street though at the larger older prison), and I will add most of Florida is suffering. Maintenance did come down and promptly told me it needed to be set at 78 and keep it there. Ok Dokey...I did cut class short again yesterday-let them go at 5, the bossman is ok with it. It gave me about 40 minutes to do the end of the month reports etc. It wasn't as miserable as the day before, but it still was warm.


We are sweltering in a major heat wave. Now, before I hear about it, yes, Florida is known for extreme temps, not though in multiple days of it. Usually we would get a break, but what little rain and thunderstorms we do get, it only makes it worse. Another warning for today, another day of 113*. 


In the middle of hurricane season and still no storms. August-Oct. is when it usually gets interesting. 

Wishing you all a beautiful day!


13 comments:

  1. Linda, I don't know how you're making it with no a/c! That makes for some cranky days :) I hope today is better! Have a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the A/C issue! Thinking of you during this heat wave, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you are dealing with such a long period of extreme heat. We are to be more comfortable this weekend and then the heat returns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda. I hope you have a good Friday and can relax and enjoy your pool over the weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay as cool as humanly possible, Linda. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those temps are just insane! Hope you can manage to keep your cool Linda. I could not cope with that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our weather is so much alike, I can't imagine being without A/C. In today's world it's almost inhumane. SMHO Try to stay cool and Happy August!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The heat can sure be unbearable here in Texas as well. I am so hot natured though, that I might would have to call in sick due to the heat where you work. I'm sure praying for this to be a very light hurricane season with actually NO hurricanes at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren’t you all in a drought as well? Terrible working conditions- it’s a miracle you all haven’t had employees as well as inmates passing out from heat exhaustion. I hope you cool down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure hoping last year's storms will give us a break this year. Hush that talk, now!! LOL I'm just staying inside and am happy that I can do that. Have a restfull weekend, Linda, and hope you can stay cool!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. While in Arizona we tried keeping our thermostat at 78*. Still not so sure the $ savings was worth it. Like Boar's Head commercials say, "compromise elsewhere."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, I'm afraid we will be making up for all this heat and dry weather in September when the hurricanes decide to blow through. Praying none will be bad, but we sure do need that rain. Thank you for explaining about the AC in dorms, etc. It's nice that the new facility was built with AC. My hubby used to work across the street from you in the old buildings, and yes, they suffered a lot over there. Of course, like you, he was mostly in the classrooms/Chapel or other AC rooms, but still he had to deal with the inmates and their concerns, which were many. He was happy when he was finally retired and able to walk away from there for good. It's a difficult job. Thank you for doing what you do. May God continue to give you the grace and strength you need for each day. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would melt. Our weather has cooled down up here in NY, but no rain at all in the forecast for the next week, just sunshine in the low eighties. But my son in Phoenix is broiling, it's like 108-110 every day, and only drops to 85 at night. They do not have the humidity though. I hope your pool doesn't get too hot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)