Friday, December 26, 2025

Day 26...that's a wrap

 Good morning...Day 26 finds us in a "It's a Wrap" mode.


Do you know, I did not take one photo of our meal yesterday. I made two huge pans of Lasagna, one with ricotta and the other plain. One half of our friends showed up, just Kim...the other half, well, he is very much a bah hum bug and decided to spend the day in bed. So, Kim drove out here by herself and had a nice day regardless of her husband's general bad attitude. She wasn't very happy, after multiple years of her better half being a bah hum bug, she just had enough and decided to do something for herself. Anyways, sent her home with leftovers, gave our neighbors some as well. Will see our godchildren sometime next week, they both had to work. So, anyways...it's a wrap. Christmas came and gone.

Coach bag, Black Opium & Boss perfume, a purple pearl Pandora Charm (Ursula), Ursula, a glass octopus, a furry/soft octopus (two joke gifts🤣) and a Gooseberry cookbook.

I know most of you saw on FB what I posted. We sure have had some lean years in our nearly 37 years of marriage. This year was a tad bit different...and I will just leave it at that. As another year approaches, we have multiple goals for 2026, waiting mortgage interest rates to drop, travel more, and of course, less worrying about this or that. We shall see where 2026 takes us. My new word is ready, and I will reveal that next week. In the meantime, 


---have a great day everyone. We have chores to do such as take the garbage out. Oh, what fun.😁


9 comments:

  1. Good for your friend, taking the initiative to go solo for the holidays. Some people just aren't geared for holiday cheer, sometimes it's best to let them alone to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your friend came solo. What a lovely assortment of goodies you received, Linda! Which Gooseberry Patch cookbook did you receive? It has been years since it has been published, but I still miss their mail order catalog. We have a ton of boxes that need to be broken down and/or cut up. Wishing you a relaxing Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the best of everything in the New Year, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo ... you've definitely been a Very Good Girl. Like my former MIL used to say, "use them in good health."
    I'm so glad you and Dave were able to provide Kim with a yummy Christmas dinner and conversation.
    I'm looking forward to hearing your Word for 2026!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas looks good, even though the humbug opted to not join you. May the Lord continue to give his wife the wisdom and grace she needs to deal with ....

    Looking forward to what your new word of the year will be. I have not decided on one for me yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Garbage... yep, me too. I will be doing a major clean-out this weekend. Way too much food left over and way too many sweets from well-meaning friends! Some can be frozen for later. Much cannot. Good for Kim getting out on her own for a nice day. Sorry about her bah-humbug. I haven't even thought about a word for 2026. Looking foward to hearing yours! Happy new year, Linda!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your friend went ahead and joined y'all. I did it for years...now, I tend to be the Bah-Humbug! I love all of your gifts even the joke gifts!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda. Glad that you had a nice Christmas. We just locked the interest rate on the new place we are buying. We will close on January 5. Our mortgage guy said he doesn't think interest is going to come down further for a while, but who knows. Looks like you got some nice gifts. I need to decide on a work for 2026. I have one possibility swimming around in my mind. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uh Oh, Thanks for the reminder about the One Word. Being sick last week and with all the Christmas rush and still not feeling 100%, I haven't even thought about it. But God will reveal it to me just in time as He always does. I am sorry about the "bah-humbug" guy, but sometimes it's best to let those "sleeping dogs lie" and not poke at the bear too much. I'm glad Kim came and I'm sure you still had a great day. Your Christmas gifts look wonderful...your hubby is surely a "keeper". I hope you are relaxing today before going back to work. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)