Tuesday, December 23, 2025

Day 23 brings a Resolution...

 Good morning. How can it be the day before Christmas Eve? Today brings resolution to the work situation.


Day 23 also finds us not getting any Powerball numbers😁🤣. Sigh--staying monetary poor is the destination; however, I wouldn't really want to win $1.6 Billion, no thanks. Talk about having to disappear. I do have some updates about the work situation, if you're interested, then read on.


To make a long story short, well, sort of short...the bossman and I had a long conversation yesterday morning when I got into work. He wanted to know if I was open to having such a conversation and then he noticed I wasn't feeling well (laryngitis) and promptly told me to go home. I sat back down and told him to continue because I didn't want to leave for the Christmas break with this nonsense hanging over my head. Much against his judgment, because I wasn't feeling well, we had the conversation. Needless to say, it was much of my thinking that it really wasn't directed at me, I just caught up in it--for whatever reason. After reading the reports that were written and having discussions with whomever, and him getting chewed out by whomever, and my reports confirming my side, my reports will not be filed and will be shredded. He apologized profusely (this is becoming a habit, and he should know by now I am brutally honest --and I did say that--my mouth has an issue, right? We all know this). ANYWAYS, my job is safe, I'm not going anywhere, however, it seems two other people will not be so safe. And then he kicked me out told me to go home and rest. So, that is what happened, had the talk, came home and been on the couch trying to rest. The laryngitis persists, no fever etc. Just can't talk. I really need to wrap presents...oh, speaking of presents, the secret Santa gift from work?

we all know Hippos are my favorite animal, which constantly brings comments from the bossman "should he be worried because hippos eat people"

meet Hyacinth from Disney's Fantasia. She comes with multiple interchangeable pieces. You can watch the video below if so desired.


and who was my secret Santa? The bossman. Which was a reason why he didn't want to leave the issue unresolved either. He was super happy that he drew my name and for one little moment on Thursday, when I opened it at the meeting, I was pleasantly surprised and happy then I remembered I was supposed to be mad and I did see the moment of happiness in his face and then the sadness when my mood turned dark. So, I knew I couldn't leave for the long weekend without clearing all this up and he agreed with that as well.


If you made it that far. I do truly appreciate all of you who take time out of your busy days to read this little blog. 

15 comments:

  1. Oh Linda, I am glad the air was cleared between you and the bossman before you were sent home. I am sorry that you got caught up in the fray though. Hyacinth is adorable. How interesting the bossman drew your name! I hope your voice returns and you get your wrapping finished. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy this has been resolved, you'll be able to enjoy Christmas much more without this hanging over your head. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear all has been resolved and that you are at home resting.

      Yay for hippo gifts!! I always had to buy a hippo gift when the co-special ed teacher on my preK classroom team was a huge hippo lover. one year I got her the most adorable hippo plushie!

      MERRY CHRISTMAS. Let's hope the start of your new year is much more positive.

      Delete
  3. So glad that this was resolved. Rest and get well and have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ephesians 4:26-27, immediately came to mind which says: "Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and do not give the devil an opportunity."

    You showed wisdom by handing the issue promptly before they fester. I would hate having a conflict hanging over my head during Christmas. You did good!
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't want to comment anonymously, but I wasn't able to comment as my Google account. It's Maggie. I have commented before but not frequently. I'm so glad your work situation has been resolved. I am also someone who can be brutally honest, and while being so helps me maintain my integrity, it has gotten me in trouble at home, at work, and when commenting on blogs. Usually it works, though, but my prayer is that I will develop the ability to word the honesty in way that it will be easier for the hearer to hear. I'm a work in progess. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy you were able to resolve this before the holiday!! I'm so sorry you are sick. I hope you get your voice back very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great news Linda! I hope now you can have a peaceful holiday! God bless and I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so good that the issues were resolved before you both went home for Christmas, Linda. Love that hippo, too! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you and the boss man could talk. That hippo is so cute. I love the music from Fantasia. My son was hurt at work and I hurt for him. I can’t imagine what you have been through. The Lord sustains us and gives us hope. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, I am happy this issue has been resolved and I'm glad you don't have to stress about it over Christmas. Enjoy you holiday and get well! That's an order from another brutally honest person with a mouth! LoL

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well...glad you've resolved the matter and you can rest and enjoy Christmas without that being on your mind. Listen...don't tell all of us stuff if you don't want to stir up a bunch of women ready to come to your defense :) hahaha! But seriously, get some good rest, wrap what you can and have an amazing weekend with your hubby. God bless you and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That gift and the conversation make a great way to begin the Christmas holiday! Whew! Sure hope you can rest and get over that nasty virus and laryngitis!! Do please keep us posted and I wish you and Dave a very blessed Christmas and new year ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that hippo!
    Thank you so much for sharing the "rest of the story"..... and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay that has been resolved! Thank you Jesus for restoring peace for my dear friend.
    However .... he DOES need to get a grip on his temper and emotions. This just can't keep happening. Hopefully he will get right about that and there will be no more outbursts.
    Love ya!
    Merry Christmas! 🎅🏻🎁🎄

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)