Friday, December 19, 2025

Day 19 brings...

 Good morning and its 71* and balmy out...sigh...that's Florida.


...brings a very heavy heart. The bossman pulled 4 of us aside and proceeded to berate us before the luncheon. It seems the new teacher had some words and started trouble...and then he yelled at me personally and told me to stop my bull**** lying (because I was thoroughly confused by what was being yelled at us and I simply said, "I don't know what you're talking about." and I don't.) And then he threatened to fire us (good luck, I'm off probation) and he turned us into the warden. And they he ordered us to play nice at the luncheon. So, we were ordered to write an Incident Report and turn it by noon today --and I will write two-- one against him. Don't ever curse at me, don't ever berate me or even threaten me in front of others, period. Here I sit nearly 24 hours later and still confused and have no idea what in the world he is talking about. 

***and nope, she wasn't part of being cursed or yelled at. How convenient.

**and I am firmly aware of what the consequences of writing a report against him are. I don't take this very lightly.


...and that is where I am personally right now...confused and wondering what in the world he is talking about--the only thing I can think of is when we were ordered down to the warehouse to empty a pallet of educational items. And since she has never worked in a prison before, I told her to stop as the Sgt. and the inmates have to open the boxes first and take inventory. Come to think of it, she did get prissy...the Sgt. backed me up on what I said, and that made the new teacher even more prissy. 


...and then the bossman said that while sitting at the table...someone made a comment about all this food and he goes, "Well you all were fat before this." So, I left work at 2 yesterday and took some sick leave. I was tired of the nonsense. My Christmas spirit has since evaporated.


Well, yes...Wishing you all a beautiful day.




18 comments:

  1. I think your bossman is due for some "professional development" classes for his inappropriate remarks to you and others. Cursing, and saying you were lying, and talking about people being fat is totally unprofessional and inappropriate at any level. I do hope you will write him up, and I pray God will protect you in the process, but be prepared. Those people don't go down easy. Praying for you my friend. You are working in a hornet's nest, but I think you know that already. Remember, my hubby used to work there too, many years ago now, but it still sounds like nothing has changed for the better. Praying for you today. May God build His hedges high around you and give His angels charge over you to keep you in every way. (((HUGS))) and love to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you had to deal with this yet again. Hasn't he learned (well, obviously he hasn't) not to berate you or the others in front of people? I am not surprised that you are confused about the whole thing. I am glad you took some sick time and left following the luncheon. Thinking of you today as you write the incident reports and as you go about your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Linda - that is awful. I hope he's rethinking his behavior. And I'm not impressed with someone who is barely started and is already causing trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda: because you are constantly dealing with work angst me thinks it's time for a new place of employment or take early retirement! I hope things improve for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how you manage to put up with all the BS, Linda. Hope taking a much needed sick day will sort things out for you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a despicable person, that "bossman"! (Sorry, not sorry.)
    I'll be back to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear that work is going so rotten! Hopefully it will all work out. Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry that happened and I hope you do file a incident report on him, sounds like he needs to be berated in front of his co-workers so he knows what it feels like. Don't let them take your Christmas spirit away, easier said then done I know, you got this!!!!! Stand tall and proud!!!! Sending love and light to.you and your husband 🙂🙂😘

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a tough situation. Wow. I'm sorry you had to experience that. What a bunch of grumpy people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word, Linda! You just can't catch a break with these people. I know why you stay but I don't know how! I'm glad you took some time off.

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dislike them intensely even without meeting them! I am so mad about people doing this to you. You are too good for this. Grrr...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Linda, no fair! I know it's my therapy to blog, hopefully writing here will help you a little...don't let him steal your joy and peace. I tell my kids when things happen to them that are clearly not fair or nice, "God wouldn't have allowed that to happen if you couldn't handle it. If He thought it would be better for you to get a pat on the back, that's what you would have gotten." Sometimes we don't see the bigger picture, but there is always something to learn. Hang in there, and don't let it get you down. You are strong and amazing:). Glad you took some time off....hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Linda. Your "bossman's" behavior sounds extremely inappropriate. I hope you can figure out what is going on. My guess is that it has to do with something you aren't even involved in, and that you will get an apology. I don't blame you for taking some time off.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sorry you have to go through that. I know it can't be easy. I think taking some sick time was a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhhh ... that Bossman! Good thing it was you and not me getting cursed at. Now I'm especially glad I pray for a hedge of protection around all my friends every day. It's for times like this. Let us know what the outcome is, 'ey? God protects us from of our enemies. He clears the path. It's in His Holy word. [Psalm 18:36 "You broaden the path beneath me so that my ankles do not give way."]
    Love & Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ditto Pam's comments. Keep us posted and just remember that God has got this. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)