Sunday, April 27, 2025

Share Four Somethings...

 

Good morning from an already balmy Florida. The temperature is supposed to reach a high of 95* today. So, it's the last Sunday of the month (how did that happen?) --Jumping into the Share Four Something Meme. Jenn is talking about some things we loved, some things we learned, some things that went well, and some things we let go of this month.

A. I loved...Change can be good, right? Changing out the Easter decor for summer.



Before and after


Also, I bought a new rug for the front door:



B. Some things I have learned...
1. Who knew? 
Can you believe you can teach an old dog new tricks? I learned that YouTube has great videos for teaching math such as Fractions and Decimals. YouTube has complete Math Channels and since I have a Smart Board in my classroom, I will be utilizing this. 

2. I learned that not all restaurants will make things right...case in point, we went back to Sammy's yesterday as hubby wanted lasagna. To make a long story short, the owner was there, an old New Yorker guy. My husband had an issue with the lasagna (there was no pasta in it! -How can you make lasagna without the pasta?) ...the owner was darn right nasty and called my husband a liar. Sorry, Sammy, you lost a customer. As much as I love your pizza, you did him wrong. Maybe Sammy's was having a bad day, I don't know, but they could have done things different to remedy the situation. They did nothing. After reading reviews, a lot of folks are complaining about the pasta dishes and lack of whatever. 

3. Not all phlebotomists are the same. I will be saying something to the dr. when I see her in May. Not that really will make a difference.

C. Some things that went well this month...
1. I had to go to Live Oak Suwannee Correctional Thursday (an hour and half northwest between Jacksonville and Tallahassee). Surprisingly, the drive and conference went well. Three other coworkers rode with me and even paid for gasoline.

2. Going through security has been smooth...well...it should be at 6 am. Not many people show up to work at that time in the morning.

D. Some things I let go...
Letting go of teaching old ways...time to embrace technology. 

Another work in progress, going through things in storage, trying to purge...honestly, what do I need 4, 5, 6 lamps for? Why do I need a dozen different drapes/curtains? etc... let it go, Linda--and quit buying new stuff. Seriously, just keeping it real.

Last thoughts...still letting go...


The signs above my Keurig. Definitely feeling the Sea Hag, maybe because we were out and about yesterday in the elements. This humidity just wears me out. Yes, that's a cow:


The cow and coffee signs are tin. Yeah, I know, mixing genres. Oh, maybe I should show the other wall...


Whatever...anyways, looking to redo the kitchen...since housing is still too high--we are discussing (Still letting go topic) of just staying put and investing in a new kitchen...and discussing of taking a day trip to Orlando to the Ikea store---which is way cheaper than these kitchen design places. SO, letting go--- the thought of selling and moving. It is what it is.


It is nearly 9:30 am...and frankly, not feeling Sunday at all. Wishing you all a beautiful day filled with love and laughter.

15 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss IKEA and their catalogs. The nearest one is in West Sacramento about 2 hours from us. I should plan a visit this summer…
    Enjoy the rest of your April. It has gone by too fast. Heck 2025 has flown by fast. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your share 4 things, Linda. How fun and exciting to discover math topics/learning activities on YouTube! The new mat by your door is very cheerful. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who ever heard of lasagna without pasta! That's crazy.
    I've heard Ikea is a great place for cabinets, was actually talking to a friend about that today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your country/farmhouse kitchen vibes. but I know if you are ready for something different, then it's time to "let it go". Beach theme maybe? Would you believe I've never been to an Ikea? I really have do "IDEA" about an "IKEA". LOL. Too modern for me I guess. LOL. I'm glad you found out about the math helps online. I know I wouldn't be able to teach any math without LOTS OF HELPS!! Math was my worst subject, but I became a bookkeeper! LOL. I love your new doormat. Very bright and cheerful! And your summer decor is so pretty. And yes, the humidity is a bit much. But we do need RAIN so much! STill Waters Pond is become Still Mucky Pond and drying up. But when the rains do come this summer it will fill right back up again. One good thing, I think the ducks may be gone. I pray so. I enjoyed your post and I hope you are enjoying the rest of your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm beginning to think that one can find just about anything on YouTube, Linda. Glad for your discovery! I keep telling myself that I'm going to purge some things around here, especially clothes and shoes, but it's still not done. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best thing I did was buy a Youtube subscription that made it ad free.. so many good ones including old movies, radio shows and Documentaries... Endless... Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll love the smart board! I use the one at work with our consumers every day. We watch videos, listen to music, play games, etc. It's always in use and since I'm apparently our tech person (heaven help us!) I'm getting fairly good at using it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YouTube is such a treasure trove of good stuff. Just wish I remembered to use it more often. I love your Sea Hag sign!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a few blinds that aren't working and I found a YouTube video on how to fix them! Yes, amazing. Something for pretty much anything you need. There are 20/25 homes for sale here in my community and things aren't selling very fast. We have nearly 400 homes here. Two years ago, they were selling like crazy. Now, not so much. Give it another couple of years to turn around, perhaps. Updating your kitchen is probably a good move. Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your decorating update for Summer! Cheery!
    Housing will start to come down but It'll be a while yet.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda, I have been "Letting Go" of a whole bunch of stuff lately. I also mix styles in my decorating or lack of decorating. If I like it, I will add it in. I have boho rooms with grandma chic...A storybook kitchen with country chickens...whatever! Nobody sees it but me and I'm not likely ever going to be published in a magazine. As log as my Mister and I are comfortable and like it, then it's all good.

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am learning to use You Tube a little easier now days and there is a world of information out there...Things look great around your place...You found a really pretty door mat....very welcoming...Enjoy this awesome week ahead of us

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girrrl! You make me laugh! Love your summer decor! Don't have it in me to decorate by seasons... hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. From what I've seen in this post and your others in the past, I like your style of decorating. Homey, comfortable, very pleasant. I love your front door and the yellow wreath is sooo cheery. Hope you can do what you want with your kitchen. I'm sure it will be great, whatever you do.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda, your sign wall is so cute! I won't give any "move or don't move" advice, since I clearly have an issue with my own house :) But I will say this...life's too short to be miserable in your own home. There has to be something somewhere. Oh and there are plenty of YouTube videos about moving here and there. I've recently been watching some where the people sold their home and moved to an apartment for a season. I'm seriously contemplating this myself :) Have a great day (in spite of the humidity, which we are feeling here in Texas, as well).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)