Once again, welcome to the month of April. Not sure if it really matters or not as the weather has been darn right warm here in central Florida and the pollen deep. Just a bunch of mismatched thoughts for today...
Weather...at 8:40 am it is a sunny 72* with 95% humidity. Another 90* day. I had to laugh over the weatherman telling us we will have some sort of cooling down with highs in the 70's-80's. Yeah, ok, whatever.
Thinking...someone asked me where do I find the cute backgrounds for here?
Liking...my new toy that cost me $17.
Since I have been buying whole coffee beans for the Keurig, and I have always wanted a coffee grinder. Totally pleased. I might had been giggling like a schoolgirl.
We went to Aldi yesterday. My honest opinion, Aldi is way cheaper like 50%-60% cheaper than Walmart. What we normally spend at Walmart ($200) for groceries we can get nearly the same thing (generic or Aldi brand) and spent only $100. ANYWAYS, I love croissants. Win win and they were only like $3.
Hairstuff/Added to cart...I have baby fine shoulder length hair, and it does take maintenance. ANYWAYS, going thru my box of goodies, I had forgotten I had given away all my hair clips and such. And you know, I am not going thru another summer with this humidity...so, yeah, I did have to go to Walmart and added stuff to the cart---hubby needed to get bird seed, so, yeah, I added stuff.
Normally I get Sebastion Potion 9 for my hair, unfortunately, with the price of everything going up, Pantene will have to do for leave in conditioner. Stay tuned for that yay or nay/review (my husband, "Linda, just spend whatever, get the good stuff." Umm...no. Will I regret it? We shall see.)--I was looking for Dove as I use their shampoo now (and loving it). Thanks to Paul Mitchell products going up, sigh...never ending, is it? I am just not willing at this point and time to pay whatever.
**Hang on folks, it will get worse before it gets better and just my opinion on all this tariff stuff, about time other countries pay their fair share and America quit being everyone's bank. I know someone out there will give me their two cents/talking too on this.
Somehow...hurt my left thumb joint. Or it just might be the arthritis. Painful as all get out.
BK aka BK Lounge...then we stopped at Burker King because the husband wanted a hamburger. I got the chicken sandwich and a Coke, big regret about that Coke, I know better, because that probably aggravated the arthritis. Yeah, will I ever learn? Nope. But it was so good, perfect on a hot day.
Clay / Terra Cotta pots...we also stopped at the Goodwill store yesterday where hubby found 2 large clay pots/Terra Cotta for the Kalanchoe flowers he had bought for my birthday. Sorry, don't have photos of the clay pots. Anyway, $6 for the pair. I was reading that those flowers love clay pots. Ok, win win. Sure, beat the $30 each pot we were looking at.
Happy that...the Florida Gators are in the basketball championship and will play Houston tomorrow night.
**I did make Nachos last night, ground beef, tomatoes, taco seasoning, baked/heated nacho chips, cheese and salsa and Spanish Rice.
Watching...the Good Witch on TUBI. I'm on Season 4. It's just tv folks, don't get yourselves in a tizzy over the title, LOL.
...and I plan on doing just that. Nothing is on the agenda today. Have a great day all.





It sounds like you had a productive Saturday, Linda. Good for you! Those croissants look delicious. Are they always available at Aldi? Hope the lower cost hair product works for you. Have a peaceful day!
ReplyDeleteHope you're having a great Sunday Linda.
ReplyDeleteI like that quote....exactly what I need to do. Prices are going to go up, but I have full confidence that things are being done to better America. Thank you for the information of dressing up the blog...You always have the cutest designs. You had made some great accomplishments yesterday..got a lot done. Hoping you have a wonderful Sunday and have some good sunshine. Lots of rain here.
ReplyDeleteHAHAHH don't get yourselves in a tizzy over the title. I used to love that show!!! i like the actress and it's FICTION so....there's that. hahah
ReplyDeleteIt's astounding to me that people are upset that we are making other countries pay their fair share in tariffs and not ripping the US off anymore! Do people want us to get ripped off all the time! Yes, prices are going up. Adjust your budget accordingly because this is just a temporary inconvenience for a long-term solution!
ReplyDeleteHi LInda.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda, So sorry about that last comment. I accidentally hit publish when I wasn't finished. I have very fine hair too and use Paul Mitchell products. If I can't get those, I have used "Big Sexy Hair." Weird name but it does the trick. Honestly, I am quite concerned about the tariffs as are many conservatives. I am trying to read/listen to opinions on both sides of the issue. Victor Davis Hansen did a great job of setting forth the case for the tariffs on his podcast, so I am hoping he is right. Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing Saturday. I am hoping that your Sunday will be more of the same. I loved shopping at Aldi when we lived in Illinois. It's a great store and saved us lots of $$$, but we don't have Aldi here in Utah. Wish they would move in here. Thanks for ideas about your cute blog backgrounds I will have to look into that. Have a great Sunday and a good week. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteI’m surprised you have arthritis pain with all your hot weather. My arthritis practically goes away in the summer months with the hot weather and low humidity. I almost feel young again!
ReplyDeleteAs for the tarrifs - and the way this country handles everything - this poem describes how I feel:
I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost... I am helpless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same place.
But, it isn't my fault.
It still takes me a long time to get out.
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I see it is there.
I still fall in. It's a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault. I get out immediately.
walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.
I walk down another street.
Portia Nelson
Great find on those pots! Gotta love a bargain like that, especially when, as you said prices on everything keeps going up.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you on the tariffs. We just need to hang on, things will improve.
Having a lazy, rainy Sunday afternoon after singing in church this morning. Resting up when we can is so good for us. Have a blessed week ahead, Linda!
ReplyDeleteI had one of those days, yesterday. They really are good for the soul. I never think about Aldi. There is a nice one not too far from me, but off the beaten path and I just don't think about it. Need to go check it out again. I am going to check out your blog design sites!! I really miss Cutest Blog on the Block. Thanks for the links!! Have a blessed week ahead!
ReplyDeleteMy right thumb joint has had arthritis for years. Blu Emo cream has helped me when there's a flare-up.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip about Dove shampoo; I love their body wash but never tried the rest. The nearest Aldi's not exactly convenient, but you're the second person to recommend them. I'm making a point to revisit next week!
ReplyDeleteOh I love that last little saying.... The humidity change has done a number on me it seems. Gotta love Florida weather. LOL! Happy week to you Linda. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeleteOh, I didn't realize you are one of my Hair Sisters! Is yours naturally curly as well? Mine gives me fits and I do have to spend the "whatever" because this mess is so dry. I can't use the leave in conditioners because it weighs my hair down. I use a hair oil though and it helps...of course, nothing helps with the fly away grays and humidity *insert eye roll*.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your 70 - 80* weather! I just want it to not rain for awhile!
Grace & Peace,
Pam
That’s an awesome find! 🛒 Aldi really does seem to have unbeatable prices—especially when it comes to generic or store-brand options. It’s amazing that you were able to get nearly the same grocery haul for half the price! 😲 And croissants for just $3? That’s definitely a win-win in my book! 🥐 Can’t beat a great deal on something so delicious!
ReplyDeleteI wish we had an Aldi's near us, but we don't, so that's that. I can't save money if I have to travel an hour to get there. So Walmart is where we have to do most of our bigger shopping. I just heard there are tornado warnings near Waycross, GA...that's near where our friend Sparky Pamela lives. Praying for them now. It's very windy here at the moment too. Supposed to rain later and turn cooler. That will be nice, but please no tornadoes. I hope you have a wonderful week.
ReplyDeleteYour background is very pretty. Prices they say are coming down but I don't see it yet. I hope you enjoy your new toy. I have an old Dutch grinder that is delft and hangs on the wall. It takes real effort to grind the coffee and its very old fashioned. Hope you are having a good day... poor finger. HOpe it gets better quickly.
ReplyDeleteI like Aldi, but only for a few certain items. We just have the one store in town and it's not so great at all... and the produce section really is the pits. If it weren't for their cheaper prices on toilet paper and paper towels, I probably wouldn't shop there at all. I get most of my stuff from Walmart, which many times has had cheaper prices on the same types of things. // I have a bottle of Pantene hairspray that's been sitting on the shelf for a couple years, mostly because my perms have been so excellent that I don't need to use it. I wonder if the sprayer would even work now. LOL! // Your ** comment.... I totally agree, girl! Have a blessed day!
ReplyDelete