Currently Saturday...
The weather...60* and the sun is starting to come up. Another warm day is on tap for central Florida.
Listening to...the crows outside. Other than that, it is all quiet on the Florida front.
Thinking...
* Can one really call Florida the south? Although yes, it's the southern tip of the USA, but is it really truly the south? Bloom where your planted comes to mind.
* Did those women really go to space? Me thinketh not. Fake comes to mind or as my husband said, "Pulling the wool over one's eyes."
*Making a list of items needed from the store. Marshmallow eggs are on my list, just saying. wink
* Not very happy when I had my annual fasting blood work done the other day. The girl was new, and she left marks on both arms. I told her if she didn't get it done soon, I was walking. She informed me I would not, and I said, "Watch me." Another person had to come over. Ridiculous.
*Hand feels better...just aches.
* Why did I have to work yesterday on Good Friday? Schools were closed but not the Education program at work. Although the bossman was out, as were his minions and the majority of supervisors.
Grateful...for another day.
Feeling...ok. Just the hand aches.
Celebrating...can you believe for the first time in 30 something years we are not doing anything for Easter. Nope. Not cooking, not going anywhere, wasn't invited anywhere. NOTHING. I asked hubby did he want me to bake a ham, and he goes, "How about we just buy deli ham and fixings and make sandwiches?" Wow. Ok.
Reflecting...on what Easter means.
Smiling...
Have a beautiful day.




Happy Easter!
ReplyDeletehugs
Donna
Linda, I am sorry about the incompetence with your blood draw. Before they even stab me, I tell them they have two chances so they better get it on the first attempt. Ham sandwiches with the fixings sound good to me. Wishing you a relaxing Saturday and a blessed Easter Sunday.
ReplyDeleteInteresting thought on Florida and the south. I feel like Florida is it's own place. It doesn't fit in with the rest of the south...
ReplyDeleteYes, you should have had yesterday off.
I hope you have a quiet and restful Easter.
HAPPY RESURRECTION WEEKEND!! HE IS ALIVE!! Because He lives we can too!!
ReplyDeleteHubby, oldest daughter (hopefully she leaves her apt on time!) and I have to be at church tomorrow AM at 6:45!! YIKES. Sound check at 7 then we sing (Choir) for the 8:30, 10, and 11:30 AM service. Since you have no plans check us out during our online (live!) service times mentioned above. The website is www.gracefellowship.com look for Latham Online services (you'll have to scroll down) and have a listen!
I hope you enjoy those sandwiches and all the fixings. We have reservations for the local Japanese restaurant and we are PRAYING youngest daughter gets her butt to the church service. Sigh. Here's hoping/praying/wishing/pleading with God
I've become very jaded lately. I don't think the women went to space, if they did they weren't pilots, they did nothing but float around. No protective gear, no breathing apparatus...I could go on and on. And really, kissing the ground when they landed after 11 minutes "in space". Yikes.
ReplyDeleteYour ham sandwiches on Easter sounds perfect. Enjoy the day.
imagesisee.blogspot.com, Linda
Sorry your hand is still giving you pain. I had fasting labs last week and the phlebotomist was great. I love it when I don't even feel the needle go in. Sorry you got someone who wasn't so practiced. I have eight for dinner tomorrow but can always add two more. Nice day-trip if you want to come down! Dave's easy-peasy dinner does sound kinda nice, though! Happy Easter, Linda. He is risen!!
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed Easter, Linda! He is risen!
ReplyDeleteIt’s funny you asked if Florida was in the south. When I think of the deep south, Florida doesn’t come to mind unless it is the panhandle part near Alabama. Florida is just Florida - As an outsider and one who has never been to Florida, I think of Miami and all the beautiful Spanish Cuban influences, articulture, vibrant music, bright colors - the Cuban food - I’d love to go to Miami one day and take in all that. When I want to go to the south, I’ll go to Alabama. As a kid, traveling with my parents, I’ve been to every state in the south yet we never went down to Florida. Maybe a little out if the way. Who knows?
ReplyDeleteI hope your hand gets better soon. Ham sandwiches sound good to me. We’re not doing anything special for dinner. Just the husband and I - will grill some burgers.
Happy Resurrection Sunday
Ham is good, but let's not forget that as a result of the freedom we have from the law with Easter, we can also eat all the BACON we want!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sooo over this chick space flight media attention -- yet some of the memes are hysterical. I like the way Dave thinks! About the ham sandwiches, that is.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter.
ReplyDeleteThe weather calls for a walk in the sunshine... the forest smells sweet, the birds sing.
Joy.
Hugs for you.
(p.s. the first woman in space was Valentina Tereshkova - a trained seamstress - in 1963... I was still a child then)
... Happy Easter to you and your loved ones ...