Wednesday, April 2, 2025

No Foolin' Hodgepodge

 Good morning, joining in on the Hodgepodge.


1. No foolin'! April is here. What's one fun thing on your April calendar?

Hopefully, getting back to the beach. 

2. It's often said, 'A fool and his money are soon parted'...what's the last thing you wasted money on?

I don't have money to waste. Seriously, and I don't like to spend it when I do have it. I guess one can call me a tightwad, LOL.

3.  April 2nd is National DIY day. Are you a do-it yourself kind of person or maybe you're married to one? If so, what's the last thing you DIY-ed. Hmm...we put plants and flowers in, does that count? 

If you're not a DIY-er what's the most recent job you had to hire someone to complete? The most recent was putting in windows and the central ac. Best spent money so far.

4. Do you eat lamb? If so, do you have a favorite dish that calls for lamb? No, as its too salty for me.

5. Do you fit a stereotype in some way? Explain. Well, I had to look it up---especially since I turned 58 the other day, LOL. How about I turn it around and decide what the yes's can be?


--I can learn new things. Might be a little slower, but I can.

--Since aging does brings new aches and pains, I think most of it is mental.

--my outlook and such have changed and continues to evolve.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

So, back to the previous question, well, sort of...a new schedule starting this Friday. I had mentioned a few posts back a fellow coworker is moving to a different facility. I am tasked with taking over her classes until the bossman aka wizard can hire someone new, which means probably 3-6 months. She has totally revamped the program she teaches (GED), and it's a lot to take in at the present moment. Personally, I am not so sure I am up for the challenge and have concerns. My present class time is being moved up 1:30-4:30 and will be taken over by someone else who is pulling double duty, again, I have concerns. Unfort. when you have experience and such, and can show whoever whatever, well, here I am. Finding myself in a position I truly wanted to avoid. ANYWAYS, if I am absent posting during the week, you all will know why.


I also want to say please keep my coworker who is taking my place, in prayer. Unfortunately, this coworker lost her husband last yr and is continuing to have a hard time--she is raising an 18-month-old on her own which brings a whole set of new issues. I know the good Lord placed me where I am for a reason, and I also know not to question why. Unfortunately, and I say that with all seriousness, she really needs help spiritually, mentally, physically. I know I struggle with my son's loss, but with God's grace, I am pulling thru. She doesn't have that sense of peace and its heartbreaking. Thank you if you do place her in prayer, her name is --Rebekah.



12 comments:

  1. Praying for you as you embark on this new task, Linda. Praying for Rebekah as she takes over your class, but praying specifically that she finds peace and strength through the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will put Rebekah on my prayer list. Praying for you as well that this week is easier than what you could have imagined and that this position ends up be a huge Blessing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you do get to get back to the beach.
    I like the way you turned the stereotype question around.
    I hope all works out OK! That is so sad about your co-worker, it sounds like she has so much on her plate. I will be thinking of her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry that your work life has been so stressful lately. It seems to be something new every week. I will be praying for you in this new task and will also be praying for Rebekah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda. I will be praying for Rebekah and for you as your work situation changes yet again. Have a good Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers lifted for you and for Rebekah, Linda. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for Rebekah. I am so sorry she's facing such tough challenges.

    And of course praying for you. I think of you most often in the pre-dawn hours as I know you are already up and getting yourself to work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will certainly add Rebekah to my prayer list. I pray for you each day, too, Linda. You've got this!! Keep us posted!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lifting prayers right now, Linda ... both for you and Rebekah. I like that #5 turn-around; your attitude is enviable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry for your co-worker's loss and subsequent hardships. And I hope all the changes at work turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’ll take a moment to pray now, as I recognize the importance of seizing this opportunity. If I don’t act on it immediately, it may slip from my mind, and I dislike the thought of promising prayer and then letting it fade away. So here it is:

    Heavenly Father, I lift up Rebekah to You in this challenging time. I ask for Your comfort and peace to surround her as she navigates the loss of her husband and the responsibilities of raising her child alone. Remind her of Your presence and love, assuring her that You are with her every step of the way

    Lord, I pray for Your strength to sustain her physically, mentally, and spiritually. May she find rest in You, knowing that You are her refuge and strength, an ever-present help in times of trouble (Psalm 46:1). Help her to cast all her anxieties on You, trusting that You care for her deeply (1 Peter 5:7).

    I ask for Your wisdom and guidance as she makes decisions for her family. Surround her with a supportive community that can offer encouragement and practical help. May she experience Your peace that surpasses all understanding, guarding her heart and mind in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:7).

    Thank You, Lord, for being her source of hope and comfort. I trust in Your faithfulness and provision for Rebekah and her child. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great that you turned the sterotype question around, it's always better to focus on what you can do rather than what you cannot.
    Thinking of both you and your co-worker.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)