Tuesday, April 1, 2025

Working into the Tuesday 4

 Thank you all for the kind thoughts on yesterday's post. I did pretty well until my husband's brother called later in the evening to wish Liam a happy birthday. It's ok...I know I am not the only one who feels his loss.


Well, it's good to see you back here at Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.  

Whenever I write Tuesday 4, I will inevitably hit the 5 instead of the 4. Oh well... Let's talk about Moms and Wives and other unpaid domestic servants.

1. Have you ever found yourself in the same position as this lady?  No, not really. 

2.. Women do the cooking, the cleaning up and the organizing while the rest of the family reap the rewards of that. Is it fair?  Well, of course not. My dad always helped my mom etc...as did my grandfather. It is all about balance and respect for one's mate.

3.  Vacations at air b&bs or rental homes often mean Mom does all the work.  What kind of holiday or vacation would be most restful for you? A hotel or motel. but either of those are fine, I like taking of my husband. As he does so much for us.

4.  In Proverbs 31, the wife is married to a very prominent man in town.  She runs the house, has a cottage industry, owns vineyards on her own and buys and sells real estate.   

What kind of woman are you? Do you hold a job... Yes. do you do the housework... We split it. do you find rewards in service to others, or do you find it can be wearing on you or perhaps a little bit of both. A little of both. For instance, I was going to dust this past weekend, did I? Nope. And we are both fine with that. I do take pride in keeping my home or should I say, keeping it all together. LOL

5. What earthly rewards do you get out of the life you are living? Well, I do keep/pay a mortgage, so that is a plus. One needs a shelter over their heads, lol. Anyways, pride plays a lot in everything I do.


today. Have a great day all.


9 comments:

  1. loved your answers!! Happy Tuesday and Happy April!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the return to the grind goes smoothly for you, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you Linda as I know how hard it is to experience the special days our loved ones who have passed. Great answers here. We too, split all the chores even though I do not work outside of the home. Sam helps me a whole lot. May your day be filled with tons of good things..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do most of the things inside the house but Bob often tries to help. However, he does things outside like yard work, mowing the lawn, snow blowing, repairs... all things I don't want to do. So we each do our part! That works for me.
    It was nice that Dave's brother called.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're one of the hardest workers I've ever known, Linda. So glad that your hubby is so supportive and helpful. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My father never did any housework. My grandmother and mom did it all and everyone seemed fine with that. Different times though. Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have NO idea what happened to my comment OR if I commented on the wrong page. LOL.. We share things getting done around the house. I don't work outside of the home and I try to keep everything done, but Sam enjoys helping me, so I welcome him to do so. Linda...do you mind if I ask what program you use to pretty up your blog?? It is always so cool...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pride is such a good word. Great post, Linda! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)