I am writing this Saturday evening as I wanted to catch up on the blogs, plus there really wasn't much on tv (grin).
Wanted to do a quick recap on todays (Saturday) activities. So, we drove down to the Villages with the anticipation of doing the grocery shopping there. Well, you know, things just didn't happen that way. We stopped here and there, including Hobby Lobby because hubby and I were having a discussion about what kind of table setting we wanted for the remainder of the summer months. Because he simply can't remember where this or that is (my check pink drapes) ...
This is the present table setting and I know come tomorrow, I shall take it down, pack it away etc. Stay tuned for the updated setting. We did settle on some flowers and a yellow table runner, and for the record, I am not a yellow person. I really wanted the whole display of Bee things but settled on just the runner.
Then we drove back and stopped at my favorite consignment store, and we were hungry...hubby knew of this little place in Jasmine Plaza as he was over there the other day at the DMV getting our tags updated--can't believe it has been 3 years already--all set for another 3 years. Anyway, he stopped over there for lunch.
![]() |
| NOT my photo, took it off the internet. |
What a wonderful place, don't look like much from the outside, but it's beautiful inside. I did not think to take any photos, sadly.
![]() |
| NOT my photo, took it off the internet. However, we sat in that table right by the post on the left. |
Hubby had a sausage roll that was huge/filled a pizza pan and I had a small pepperoni and sausage pizza, both of us had to bring the rest home. The coolest thing, it wasn't that expensive, and we knew it was ok because it was filled with old folks, LOL. I shouldn't say that, because we are old too. What wonderful NY / Brooklyn pizza. We were happy campers. Sammy's is a full Italian kitchen and it sure beats Olive Garden any day. Just saying.
Then my mom called, and we went over there and by the time we got to the dreaded Walmart it was 4:30. UGH, wall to wall people and screaming kids. We never go that late. The Easter candy was picked over and it was just plain miserable shopping there.
Hubby also decided to change plans for Easter. He will BBQ ribs and a chicken breast for me, baked potatoes and Mexican street corn. Wishing you all a beautiful day filled with love and laughter.
Happy Easter to you and your family.







Happy Easter Linda! I went to Walmart on Thursday and it was crazy that day too! Here's to a peaceful Sunday :) My husband and I have been enjoying the new Matlock show (with Kathy Bates), Tracker, American Idol, and a new show on Prime called Ludwig. It's amazing and perfectly clean. Maybe one of those would interest you :) Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteSammy's sounds like a wonderful place to eat. I had to chuckle over your comment about it and the Olive Garden. So very true! It sounded like you had a busy day although I don't envy you with your Walmart trip. UGH! Have a blessed Easter.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Easter..... Happy Easter.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a nice day, except Walmart! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter!
What a super find, that Sammy's! (Sometimes, when you least expect it, right?!) Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteHappy and Blessed Easter, my friend!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. Sounds like you had a nice Saturday. May you have a happy, joyful and relaxed Easter. God bless!
ReplyDeleteI've never eaten at Olive Garden... well, we don't ever eat out anyway, so there's that. Ha! The grilled ribs and chicken sound so good. Waiting to see your yellow table runner! Happy Easter, my friend! Come visit me on my blog - I miss you!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a cool place to eat. Food for today sounds good too. Happy Easter
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter to you Linda! It is always fun to decorate for a new season, but I had to chuckle about consulting your husband for the decor, as my husband could care less, lol! He just says it all looks nice! I hope you enjoyed your Easter today, praise God, He is Risen!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a nice day, except for Walmart on a Saturday evening before Easter. I would have to be desperate to do that! LOL. I already read your Sunday post, so I know what you did and how you changed your decor and what you ate. It was all good! I hope you are having a happy week so far. It's only Monday, but praying all week will be good.
ReplyDeleteI am late visiting but finding a great place for good food is awesome. That it doesn't break the bank is even better!! Yippee!! He is risen!!
ReplyDelete