Monday, April 21, 2025

Three Things from the Weekend...

 


I saw this over at Jennifer's, and I thought it would be nice to copycat and link it back to her. You know, friends, it's nice when your blogs spur on a blog post. Seriously...truly it is. I thought I would start the week with Three Things about the Weekend and One Thing I Might Change. 

 Wishing you all a beautiful Monday.

One...
Easter weekend bought some down memory lane topics. While visiting my folks Saturday, topics such as jobs, moving, traveling, family, future plans (including burial/funeral), inflation, politics and so on. I can remember when gas was .80 cents a gallon. ANYWAYS, one thing is for sure, things are a changing and not all for the good. My parents were very talkative the whole 2 hours, odd. Usually, they are not. It was a good day. However, with that said, In the three years since we have been back here, still have not seen my brothers or their families. I don't even know my nephews. Sad really. My parents have no plans to facilitate that either. So, onwards to can't fix something if I don't know what I did. I have no further plans to reach out either. As all that have met with muteness as well. I simply do not have enough energy or time to deal with issues.

Two...

Easter dinner plans changed and that was ok too. We had originally planned on ham sandwiches. Hubby BBQ Ribs and Chicken with baked potatoes and Mexican Street Corn. For the first time in 37 yrs. of marriage I did not cook, nor had family/friends over, nor did we go to friends for Easter. Trying to adjust to just us two has been hard. 

Three...and maybe change...

Out with the old and in with the new. Ever since we bought that Depression Uranium cupcake platter, it had sat on the dining table holding various things (see above photo). Hubby wanted something different. Since we do not have a chandelier (and no place to put one because there is no ceiling outlet) ...

The vase is tall (one of my mother's blue vases--yes, I know it looks black, it's not, it's blue with blue and white trim on the bottom) and the flowers are huge.
 
I told him we need to go back to Hobby Lobby and get more flowers. One bunch is not doing it for me. I am just not liking it. But that is what he wants...sigh...maybe I can find some clip-on bees. It just needs something--he said to let it be and notice the sign and goes, "Hey, is that directed at me?" LOLOL


Then I took the Egg wreath down and put this one up.


Not really liking the yellow. I am just not a yellow person.


We are in talks to paint the whole house including the wainscotting/bead boarding white. One day...So, that is the Three Things from the weekend.

Wishing you all a beautiful Monday.

15 comments:

  1. I love the yellow wreath on the door! It will be perfect for spring and summer! And you can buy a few butterfly sticks and add to your floral arrangement on the table. That would be perfect! Your husband may be pleasantly surprised at the addition :) Do like me...see how long it takes him to notice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easter dinner looked delicious. We don't travel or go anywhere or have people here for Easter. Glad you had a decent visit with your parents, Linda. It is too bad about your brothers, but you can only extend/reach out to them; if they aren't willing then that's on them. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The situation with your brothers is sad. Bob has a brother having that with a son. They have no idea what the issue is, but they won't talk to them. Hard to fix anything that way...
    Your Easter dinner sound good and I think the table looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your three things post here, Linda. I do hope you have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your front door is so very pretty. I like the yellow wreath -- very cheery. But too much yellow can wear on a person...

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Can't fix something if you don't know ...." Yep, I know that one. Several years ago my granddaughter suddenly stopped speaking to me and no-one seems to know why. It took a while, but I'm just over. And Done.
    Sorry (that) yellow's not your favorite, but I'm a little besotted (hee-hee) by both the runner and wreath. Maybe it will grow on you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your pictures, and that vase full of flowers is lovely. But the depression glass cake plate was lovely too! And I love your door window/wreath, etc. Very nice. I am sorry that your family /brothers, etc. are distant from you and there is no obvious reason why. I pray God will heal your family. I love that you are closer to your parents now than before, or so it seems, but I just don't understand what's wrong with the rest of them. What would happen if you just showed up? In God's time, He will work it out. Your dinner looks good. We had a simple meal here with our kids, but I was so tired and having some physical issues. I ended up with some tummy issues during the night and today and had to stay home from Bible Study. But I am thankful that I managed to make it through the Easter cantata at church yesterday. It was a beautiful service. All in all it was a wonderful Easter, especially when we remember what it really is all about. Christ is Risen! He is Risen Indeed! I pray you have a good week this week. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you had time with your folks and am sorry there is some mystery conflict with siblings, resulting in no contact. That must be very hard. I am a fan of yellow, mostly as an accent so I like the table runner and the wreath both. But I really love the bee sign. I need one lol. Hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am LATE getting here, but enjoyed your post, Linda. Sorry and sad to learn about your brothers not responding to you. Life is just too short for drama like that. You are right to just let it go. Their loss, but so very sad. Sending a hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda. I am glad that you had a nice Easter, even if it was quiet. We had a quiet Easter too - Just Charly, Josh, and I. I love the yellow runner and flower bouquet on your table. Looks great! We have the same light wood-colored dining table, except ours is rectangular - not circular. I hope you have a good week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great weekend to me! Sorry about the brothers but sometimes it can be hard to fix things when one side just won't even try. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am with you...I get all excited this time of the year when the forsythia blooms and Hobby lobby has tons of it. But, the yellow just isn't my color and so I never buy it, because I know that I will soon be sticking it in the closet. Drama of any kind is so frustrating and especially when it is family...Hang in there...Wishing you a fabulous week Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keeping you in my prayers sweet friend! I love the yellow wreath! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a yummy weekend. This was a year of change/adjusting for us as well. The first time we did not go out for Easter dinner. The morning was wonderful but I will admit the afternoon (after church) felt off. Sigh. And I completely understand about your brother situation. You can only spend so much mental and emotional energy...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)